Page 66 of 76 < 1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 75 76 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2019264 - 07/30/17 01:52 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
track Online   content
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: dgless21
When you repeatedly worry more about getting attention and your post count than actually discussing KU football, you come off as an asshat. Considering you and I have had this conversation on many occasions when you repeatedly post erroneous materials, it tends to fit.

We discussed offering a fourteen year old a few days ago.

I'm sorry that you don't like me. You're more than welcome to put me on ignore and stop reading/commenting on my posts.

Beaty getting a pass is your opinion. I don't see anyone but you claiming that these last two years didn't matter or didn't impact his standing at KU. Considering he's near the bottom of the power five in salary, it would seem his salary is commensurate with his current output. Beyond that, I feel you would need to criticize Sheahon rather than Beaty for his "getting a pass."
When you repeatedly worry more about getting attention and your post count than actually discussing KU football, you come off as an asshat. Considering you and I have had this conversation on many occasions when you repeatedly post erroneous materials, it tends to fit.

I'm sorry that you don't like me. You're more than welcome to put me on ignore and stop reading/commenting on my posts.

Beaty getting a pass is your opinion. I don't see anyone but you claiming that these last two years didn't matter or didn't impact his standing at KU. Considering he's near the bottom of the power five in salary, it would seem his salary is commensurate with his current output. Beyond that, I feel you would need to criticize Sheahon rather than Beaty for his "getting a pass."

I am a poster that enjoys your informative post along with dgs too. I put tomcat,kuco, and 58 on ignore several months ago. They don't contribute anything and it makes the forum more enjoyable to not have to read their crap. I am looking forward to your insight as the season approaches. I wouldn't mind paying a monthly fee to another ku forum... any suggestions?

Edited by track (07/30/17 01:53 PM)

#2019265 - 07/30/17 02:23 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
I'm not a sage, and I have never claimed that I am.

I simply discourage people from manufacturing negative information about our program and head coach. We have enough going against the program without anyone doing that.

I don't know a "Zinger", but I know our head coach doesn't have the power to offer himself a raise and extension. Sheahon would have to do that, correct? How is Beaty (or anyone) criticized for taking more money and more job security?

Basketball hasn't improved in Zenger's time here. Not sure how that provides him anything.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2019266 - 07/30/17 02:27 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: track]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Originally Posted By: track
I am a poster that enjoys your informative post along with dgs too. I put tomcat,kuco, and 58 on ignore several months ago. They don't contribute anything and it makes the forum more enjoyable to not have to read their crap. I am looking forward to your insight as the season approaches. I wouldn't mind paying a monthly fee to another ku forum... any suggestions?

For the best insider information and forums, you're best served by going to Slant.

Phog is free and decent for football--more traffic than here, better moderated. KUsports.net lacks for football. Wavethewheat is similar. I don't use 247/shiver because the insiders there don't focus much on football.

#2019271 - 07/30/17 04:34 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
track Online   content
gale sayers

Thanks

#2019274 - 07/30/17 07:48 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
C'mon track.
Just ignore him. Desperate attention sluts hate that.
Anyone who asks kook a question in a reply is simply encouraging his ridiculous, negative impact, activity. Not to mention he counts you part of his imaginary 'supporters'.

www.cappersoverlay.com

#2019275 - 07/30/17 08:59 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: appyhawk]
track Online   content
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
C'mon track.
Anyone who asks kook a question in a reply is simply encouraging his ridiculous, negative impact, activity. Not to mention he counts you part of his imaginary 'supporters'.
C'mon track.
C'mon track.
I thought I made that clear. Kuco is on ignore. If he thinks I am one of his supporters he is even more of an idiot than I thought

#2019283 - 07/31/17 09:14 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: track

You should probably pay a monthly fee for a new computer. I can't be the only one bored by the multiple times you pick up a poster's quote before slamming me in a negative way.

If you are "ignorantly" avoiding me, that means I get free rein!!

#2019294 - 07/31/17 03:40 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

247 latest 2018 team ranking recruiting is out. Kansas is at #40-1 with grey box at 47. We show a trend downward and I know it must be made up. Dgless21 tells me that anytime I post the latest actual news. Damnit!

Couple posters here loved boasting top five ranking many months back. We gave out salary boosts based upon #5...

#2019295 - 07/31/17 06:50 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
jayhawkfan0710 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Southeast Kansas
How do you know that the salary increases were because of recruiting? Maybe it was for player development? Or for overall growth of the program the last 2 years? Quit beating the dead horse of our coaches earning more money. I'm glad they are making good money. Hope that encourages them to stay and build the program more.

#2019296 - 07/31/17 07:25 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Tevailance Hunt just de-committed. What happened to Beatys strong Texas ties for recruiting?

Edited by pizzanbeer (07/31/17 07:26 PM)

#2019298 - 07/31/17 07:53 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

You know what else has strong Texas ties? Schools in Texas...like TCU.

He'll likely commit there on Friday.

#2019300 - 07/31/17 10:24 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: jayhawkfan0710
How do you know that the salary increases were because of recruiting? Maybe it was for player development? Or for overall growth of the program the last 2 years? Quit beating the dead horse of our coaches earning more money. I'm glad they are making good money. Hope that encourages them to stay and build the program more.
Hunt de-commits which also shows the recruiting right now is hard without winning. Dead horse? Hunt just said adios today.

#2019301 - 07/31/17 10:36 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

You know what else has strong Texas ties? Schools in Texas...like TCU.

He'll likely commit there on Friday.

Beaty, Perry, Meacham and Riley are all from Texas and we have 1 Texas recruit in our recruiting class. Their ties to Texas are not doing much for our recruiting in Texas.

Edited by pizzanbeer (07/31/17 10:41 PM)

#2019303 - 08/01/17 12:03 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
Tevailance Hunt just de-committed. What happened to Beatys strong Texas ties for recruiting?
Yeah, that was a kick in the nuts. TCU has been hitting him up hard over the past 2 to 3 weeks. Looks like their hard sell worked on him. Wonder what his best friend, Hampton thinks about all of this. Kid did this at the very beginning of a dead period too so no coaches could contact him. Kind of a little bit of a weeny move IMHO.

I know a lot of guys at his age change their minds a lot though. It also seems like the KU coaches are reluctant to keep the door open to guys who decommit too, so I don't think there's any good chance he'll come back to KU. Especially as I've heard that at least 1 of our decommits has reached out again to KU and wasn't just immediately told his offer was unconditional now.

Hopefully the coaches can get another guy just as talented or more so to replace him.

#2019304 - 08/01/17 12:30 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
moose1 Online   content
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
Yeah, that was a kick in the nuts. TCU has been hitting him up hard over the past 2 to 3 weeks. Looks like their hard sell worked on him. Wonder what his best friend, Hampton thinks about all of this. Kid did this at the very beginning of a dead period too so no coaches could contact him. Kind of a little bit of a weeny move IMHO.

I know a lot of guys at his age change their minds a lot though. It also seems like the KU coaches are reluctant to keep the door open to guys who decommit too, so I don't think there's any good chance he'll come back to KU. Especially as I've heard that at least 1 of our decommits has reached out again to KU and wasn't just immediately told his offer was unconditional now.

Hopefully the coaches can get another guy just as talented or more so to replace him.

What hacks me off is that this kid was clearly using KU as a backup plan and as a stalking horse. I don't think he ever seriously thought about KU.

Page 66 of 76 < 1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 75 76 >

Preview