Page 5 of 74 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 73 74 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2014363 - 02/04/17 10:58 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
This is an EXTREMELY BIG DAY for KU football recruiting!!!!!!

These guys aren't just really really good, but they're game changers too. This made my day and made me completely forget about what happened in Allen today. Well, except I did love the acknowledgement of our All-Big 12 football guys and the love the crowd showed them. That was very good to see/hear.

Man, I'm still on cloud nine soaking this all in. These guys are the real deals.

This feels different than the early commits we got last year at about this time in a few different ways too. 1 is, they already had offers from tons and tons of P-5 schools already, including LSU and Alabama! Unlike last year, when those guys got a lot of other offers AFTER they had committed to KU.

Also, having their friend and former teammate Mike Lee on the team I think played big part in their commitments. Coach Hull is also the man! He's a good coach and is very honest and up front with these guys and recruits can feel that's the case. That goes a long way IMO. A lot of recruits do a lot of spinning and tell recruits what they want to hear and not the truth nor what they need to hear and I think the recruits can feel that and it builds a lot trust as it should.

Man, and this doesn't even cover Pooka Williams and Tune! I'd have been ecstatic if we'd only gotten their commitments today! Those are 2 really good players who I think will see their stock continue to rise. A lot of other schools are probably also going to come in hard on them now that they've committed to KU.

Let's hope KU can hold on to all 4 of the guys who've committed so far this weekend! Interestingly enough, I think it'll be easier (relatively speaking) for KU to hold on to The Whop and Jason than it will be for Tune and Williams. I think the 1st 2 guys have a strong bond with Mike Lee and coach Hull and that'll keep them committed. I'm very hopeful Williams and Tune feel the same kind of connection and level of commitment to the coaches and KU too!

Lastly, I also love the fact so many KU NFL guys and other former players have been hitting these guys up on twitter. Saw, Talib, Harris, Stuckey, Heeney, and Goodman among others giving these guys some love. Someone told me even a couple of KU NBA guys hit them up too. Man, as always, but even more so right now, IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE A JAYHAWK!!

I'm pumped, can you tell!?!?!?

Edited by Kman_blue (02/05/17 02:42 PM)
Edit Reason: Made drunk typo! LOL

#2014364 - 02/04/17 11:00 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Oh, and just because it's soooooo fun to do!

KU is currently ranked the #9 recruiting class in the nation for 2018 and #1 in the Big 12!!

grin

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

#2014365 - 02/04/17 11:10 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
JaMarr Chase says he's a Jayhawk.

4 star WR. #170 overall on rivals.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2014366 - 02/04/17 11:18 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

KU is currently ranked the #9 recruiting class in the nation for 2018 and #1 in the Big 12!!

grin

Does DB have another thing he has to do? Win games? Unicorns 🦄 everywhere today. Please clean up the glitter blowing south out of the backside.

#2014368 - 02/04/17 11:23 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Aaron Brule is in also.

3 star safety. 30th ranked safety in the class.

#2014370 - 02/04/17 11:27 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
I am so excited! With Lee and Hull I think we will keep these guys!

#2014371 - 02/04/17 11:28 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21
JaMarr Chase says he's a Jayhawk.

4 star WR. #170 overall on rivals.
Booyah!!!

Another 4 star Louisianimal commits!! I don't think I can go to sleep tonight! LOL

But...but...but...the crystal ball predictor on 247 says 100% LSU!!!!

Damn, they haven't updated their team rankings on 247 yet to reflect the latest commitment!

#2014372 - 02/04/17 11:29 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Aaron Brule is in also.

3 star safety. 30th ranked safety in the class.
Son of a Biatch! I can't even get a post off before another 1 drops! haha

Man, this is AWESOME!!

#2014373 - 02/04/17 11:29 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: bigdogjac]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
I am so excited! With Lee and Hull I think we will keep these guys!

Charlot is from that area. Tyriek, Takulve, Malik Clark, and Travis Jordan too.

#2014374 - 02/04/17 11:35 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

grin

Does DB have another thing he has to do? Win games? Unicorns 🦄 everywhere today. Please clean up the glitter blowing south out of the backside.

Hey Chuck we got some non-believers here!

#2014375 - 02/04/17 11:42 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

This is soooooo damned fun right now, I think I heard there's a party at Paul Rudd's mom's house tonight! grin

He is a KU alum after all.

Little longer full Paul Rudd video

#2014376 - 02/04/17 11:49 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Curious if we'll get the last (I think) of the Louisiana recruits--Kenan Jones.

#2014377 - 02/04/17 11:52 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
SPHawks Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: KS
Not only is it relieving that Hull, Lee, Starks, Clark, Charlot, etc. have connections with these boys, but if I am reading things right Harris and Jason are high school teammates (and were with Lee) and then Brule and Chase are high school teammates. I think they'll do their parts keeping each other pumped up and ready to take their talents north!

#2014379 - 02/04/17 11:56 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Love it, all these guy's twitter is blowin up!!

They puttin up some great tweets of their own also.

I liked this one a lot!

Brule tweet

#2014380 - 02/04/17 11:58 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Curious if we'll get the last (I think) of the Louisiana recruits--Kenan Jones.
He probably be the hardest one to get out of the group.

Page 5 of 74 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 73 74 >

Preview