Page 22 of 68 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 67 68 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2015519 - 03/02/17 08:52 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
[quote=EstebanBugatti]While, I'm obviously not EstebanBugatti, but last time I did the calculations 1/11 = 9.1% or .0909090909090909...

That's if you don't consider the fact that he'd already committed to us once and his mother convinced him to slow things down and decommit which may lead some to believe that KU may be higher than just top 11(which is still nice to be in!) on his list still. I think if his entire family comes up for a visit over the summer we've got at least a 50/50 chance of getting him back.
If you aren't BugDaddy you should be grateful. .90 is a 9 out of 10 chance of getting his commitment. .09 is approx. .08 in my book = 1 chance out of 11 on his current list. YOU are the one who doesn't understand %'s I guess.
It was a typo, you doofus and .08 = 1 out of 12.5, how can 12.5 schools be in the mix for him? Where is this mythical 1/2 school??

The difference between .091 and .08 is 13.6%, that's statistically quite significant, so your theory of them more or less being equal is flawed to say the least.

Since you understand percentages so well, you should go spend all your paycheck on the lottery. You're bond to win! I mean the odds gotta be in the 1/12.5 ballpark or better, right?
kman I said not material. Take your Xanex !!

Big Daddy isn't backing you up either!!

Edited by KUCO_VOC (03/02/17 08:56 PM)
Edit Reason: .01 isn't material

#2015520 - 03/02/17 08:59 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Kansas ranked 10th now in team recruiting for 2018. Trending downward.
Oh no!!!!!

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!! KU is ONLY in the top 10 in the nation in FOOTBALL recruiting rankings!! Things are looking hopeless!!

To quote the recently deceased Bill Paxton RIP,

I posted "trending downward" and you take the sky is falling approach! You need some Xanax for your anxiety.
Yes, going from #2 in the nation to #9 in the nation(according to Rivals, don't know what 247's highest for us was) is worrisome enough to note that's a downward trend.

Yes, nobody who's mostly all doom and gloom wouldn't be the one to note that troublesome trend!

Our recruiting class is merely in the top 10 in the nation right now when it was in the top 2 just 2 weeks ago! Fireball coach Beaty! [/end sarcasm]
Give it two more weeks

#2015541 - 03/03/17 10:43 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
There'll be plenty of moves up and down for every single team ranked before it's all said and done.

I'm not gonna complain 1 damned bit about the guys currently committed no matter where our final ranking comes in at because they'll still be the really good players who can and most likely will help out our program that they are now.

#2015542 - 03/03/17 11:27 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Fuzzy's Taco Shop
And the next comment is going to be something along the lines of "they have to sign/show up first."

On a recruiting news note, we've offered a BUNCH of Texas kids the last week.

Some of the names (on my phone, links suck):
Bryce Effner
Casey Phillips
Jalen Goss
Connor Galvin
Joshua Ezeudu
Tanner McCalister
Dayven Coleman
Jawhar Jordan Jr.
Jaray Jenkins
Tommy Bush
Nolan Edmonds
Hunter Anthony
Jeremiah Lewis
Deuntra Hyman

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2015548 - 03/03/17 01:44 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

We are talking about verbal non binding commitments right? For 2018...

#2015549 - 03/03/17 01:56 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

No, we're talking about lifetime guaranteed, 100% binding commitments to sacrifice your own life if necessary contracts.

Are you really confused about the topic of this thread or are you again just bringing up the obvious in stupid nonsensical ways to try and diminish any optimism or enthusiasm anyone has about having the current #9 football recruiting class in the nation?

#2015550 - 03/03/17 01:57 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: dgless21
And the next comment is going to be something along the lines of "they have to sign/show up first."

On a recruiting news note, we've offered a BUNCH of Texas kids the last week.

Some of the names (on my phone, links suck):
Bryce Effner
Casey Phillips
Jalen Goss
Connor Galvin
Joshua Ezeudu
Tanner McCalister
Dayven Coleman
Jawhar Jordan Jr.
Jaray Jenkins
Tommy Bush
Nolan Edmonds
Hunter Anthony
Jeremiah Lewis
Deuntra Hyman

I also noticed they look like they've offered a bunch of guys out of Georgia this week.

Seems like they're working it hard all over where they think they can find talent. I like it.

#2015551 - 03/03/17 02:24 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

No, we're talking about lifetime guaranteed, 100% binding commitments to sacrifice your own life if necessary contracts.

Are you really confused about the topic of this thread or are you again just bringing up the obvious in stupid nonsensical ways to try and diminish any optimism or enthusiasm anyone has about having the current #9 football recruiting class in the nation?
I see we moved UP to #9 according to kman. Nice. Just keeping some reality here.

#2015564 - 03/04/17 01:11 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

According to Rivals, not me.

And if you filter the teams down to only the Big 12...oh no! KU has fallen from #1 in the Big 12 down to...#1 in the Big 12!

Oh wait...hhmmm..."just keeping some reality here".

#2015570 - 03/04/17 12:22 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

And if you filter the teams down to only the Big 12...oh no! KU has fallen from #1 in the Big 12 down to...#1 in the Big 12!

Hey keep up the glitter news for my amusement. Hard to recruit long term (2018) if you don't coach up some valid wins. One win in two playing seasons won't cut it. But Beaty has a third season available to change my mind.

#2015571 - 03/04/17 01:25 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
DrGreydog Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Topeka
Your amusement aside, I'm pretty sure changing your mind about his abilities as a head coach are not keeping him awake nights.

#2015573 - 03/04/17 03:09 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

If you mean Beaty hasn't been worried about how the fan base has graded his coaching so far, I can assure you he is worried.

He got a substantial raise from a lame duck AD. Hey he's not worried!!

#2015583 - 03/05/17 12:53 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Josh2408 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Would it help if the NCAA did away with the verbal commitment it would force kids to sign and limit flip flopping

#2015594 - 03/05/17 02:10 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Hey keep up the glitter news for my amusement. Hard to recruit long term (2018) if you don't coach up some valid wins. One win in two playing seasons won't cut it. But Beaty has a third season available to change my mind.
I post facts. You call it "glitter news".

You post spin and call it "keeping some reality here".

I'll go with the facts over your "reality" every time.

#2015595 - 03/05/17 02:29 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I noticed Devonta Jason lit it up at the Adidas 7v7 National Champion camp in Las Vegas.

Here's an article from Rivals (free article otherwise I wouldn't of found it) with some quotes from him and listing him as one of the stars of the camp.

A spectacular catch he made at the camp is also all over twitter. Incredible catch by Jason video. This kid is an absolute beast of a WR!

1 of the quotes from Jason was about how he's excited to start a legacy at KU and another statement from him was about how his commitment to KU is "for real" in case you didn't want to read the Rivals article.

Love this positive national press for KU football.

Also, nice to see Harris and Jason repping KU to the doubters out there.

Page 22 of 68 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 67 68 >

Preview