Page 19 of 19 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2015067 - 02/17/17 09:53 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
I looked up 247 2018 team recruiting rankings (Friday) and we are listed at #9 with six verbal commits, 2 four stars listed. Hopefully, we aren't going to see more slippage (decommits) as kids will be kids at 16-7 years of age.
True. Even 9th is still pretty amazing.

#2015068 - 02/17/17 10:03 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Wendy's Free Wifi
It certainly doesn't feel good to see decommits, but you have to be happy (but not complacent) with what it is still currently committed.

We still have our two highest commits since 2000 with Corione Harris and Devonta Jason...and another at #15 with Anthony Williams.

http://kansas.247sports.com/Sport/Football/AllTimeRecruits

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2015069 - 02/17/17 10:34 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: vmlb]
Phog1004 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KC
Originally Posted By: vmlb
The program is getting played by the recruits as bait for a better offer. It should be expected.

I think this is probably right for Jenkins, but I'm not sure I buy that for the rest of them.....He didn't decommit to decommit, he flopped directly to LSU, as soon as Coach O offered a scholly. Clearly that what he was waiting form

Chase simply decommitted to give it some more thought. He didn't need to bait for more offers, because he already had committable offers from Florida, LSU, Tennessee, TCU, etc, etc, etc.... and remains undecided.

Same goes for guys like Jason, Brule, and Harris....they had MAJOR offers before even committing to KU, If they ever do Decommit, which they could, it won't be because they were using KU to get an offer from a bigger school. They could have done that with an actual National Championship caliber team instead

#2015073 - 02/17/17 10:55 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Phog1004]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Phog1004
The program is getting played by the recruits as bait for a better offer. It should be expected.

I think this is probably right for Jenkins, but I'm not sure I buy that for the rest of them.....He didn't decommit to decommit, he flopped directly to LSU, as soon as Coach O offered a scholly. Clearly that what he was waiting form

Chase simply decommitted to give it some more thought. He didn't need to bait for more offers, because he already had committable offers from Florida, LSU, Tennessee, TCU, etc, etc, etc.... and remains undecided.

Same goes for guys like Jason, Brule, and Harris....they had MAJOR offers before even committing to KU, If they ever do Decommit, which they could, it won't be because they were using KU to get an offer from a bigger school. They could have done that with an actual National Championship caliber team instead
By reaching for and verbally committing to Kansas the kids certainly realize the better offers closer to home will come later. Louisiana kids will get more comfortable in LSU's eyes by settling for Kansas early, then going for "closer to home" comments when flipping. That makes more sense to me, Phog.

#2015077 - 02/17/17 12:44 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Phog1004 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I think this is probably right for Jenkins........Same goes for guys like Jason, Brule, and Harris....they had MAJOR offers before even committing to KU, If they ever do Decommit, which they could, it won't be because they were using KU to get an offer from a bigger school. They could have done that with an actual National Championship caliber team instead
By reaching for and verbally committing to Kansas the kids certainly realize the better offers closer to home will come later. Louisiana kids will get more comfortable in LSU's eyes by settling for Kansas early, then going for "closer to home" comments when flipping. That makes more sense to me, Phog.

again, this sentence "By reaching for and verbally committing to Kansas the kids certainly realize the better offers closer to home will come later" only works if those kids didn't already have "better offers closer to home"....which they already did. as has been pointed out. Numerous times.

#2015080 - 02/17/17 01:16 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Phog1004]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I think this is probably right for Jenkins........Same goes for guys like Jason, Brule, and Harris....they had MAJOR offers before even committing to KU, If they ever do Decommit, which they could, it won't be because they were using KU to get an offer from a bigger school. They could have done that with an actual National Championship caliber team instead

again, this sentence "By reaching for and verbally committing to Kansas the kids certainly realize the better offers closer to home will come later" only works if those kids didn't already have "better offers closer to home"....which they already did. as has been pointed out. Numerous times.
I said closer to home you said major not closer. I've said it twice now for the denser folks.
Why act childish on here?

#2015083 - 02/17/17 02:14 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Phog1004 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

lmao, that is rich coming from you, but I like it good sir...

The point is that, the Major scholly's they already have, ARE closer to home. I mean they are from La, so LSU, Alabama, Tennessee, etc... are all already considerable closer to home that KU.

So whether you want to spin it as they are waiting for Better Offers period, or better offers closer to home.....it doesn't hold water.

and while I know you will come back with another spin about the kids not yet having some type of offer, as you are just trying to poop on any KU Football parade as possible (per usual), I enjoy the game and banter.

So poop on cookoo, lol

#2015088 - 02/17/17 03:35 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

And I get shiit for being too accurate on here! The guy flipped after getting LSU attention immediately so most if not all may follow after reflection. We see 2 so far after a week. Not something I wanted but it happened.

#2015095 - 02/17/17 07:42 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
This is just idiotic.

1 kid decommits because his mother, who wasn't on the Junior Day trip with him, talked him into slowing things down and thinking it over more. KU is still very much in the mix for him though from all reports.

1 kid commits to KU sight unseen, as he'd never been up to KU, nor was he on the Junior Day visit, then decommits as soon as LSU offers and commits to them at the same time.

Now, it's morphed into they're all just using KU and KU is gonna lose them all, and they're just like some over-hyped non-producing dream team from several years ago?

1st, these HS recruits already have virtually every big offer they'd ever dreamed of before they committed to KU. 2nd, they have long standing relationships between them and their families and coach Hull going back nearly a decade. 4th, A couple of them are also good friends with Mike Lee. 3rd, 2 of these recruits already decommitted from LSU last year and have had plenty of time to reflect on things. 5th, I doubt very much any of these guys are the head cases who were the headliners of our dream team class were and why they had no impact on the field here. 6th, at least a couple of them seem to be relishing this doubter/hater type attitude some fans of other schools are throwing them about their commitments to KU.

A ton of people were saying the same types of things about and to our top recruit from the 2017 class, Dom Williams, and he stayed committed for almost 2 full years before signing with KU! I know that's really rare in recruiting in general (for any school), but top level recruits can and do stay committed to KU sometimes.

Does that guarantee they'll all stay committed? No, of course not, but do those things suggest this is a lot different deal than the dream team thing? Yes, I think it does in some very significant ways. Does it also suggest none of the 4 still committed are using KU as a place holder? No, in fact it suggests the opposite. Also, in at least 1 case of these 4 remaining commitments, I think the odds are nearly 100% they'll be at KU come summer 2018 (or sooner if they do graduate early).

Page 19 of 19 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19

Preview