Page 123 of 126 < 1 2 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2027560 - 02/07/18 01:45 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! *** [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2027561 - 02/07/18 01:51 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

https://twitter.com/themattgalloway/status/961315903949373440

Miles Emery not on the list given out before the press conference.

#2027562 - 02/07/18 01:57 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: dgless21

Still waiting on possible academic issues to be resolved. Heard he's still 100% committed and KU still has a spot open for him, just being cautious in not making it legally binding until they know he can make it to campus and not have to go the JUCO route.

#2027563 - 02/07/18 02:01 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

Still waiting on possible academic issues to be resolved. Heard he's still 100% committed and KU still has a spot open for him, just being cautious in not making it legally binding until they know he can make it to campus and not have to go the JUCO route.

Understood. I was aware of the academics. My post was addressing the post from magicman suggesting he had already signed while also responding to the questions about him.

#2027564 - 02/07/18 02:13 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

We'll hopefully find out more at about 3:30 CT when Blue Valley North is having its signing event.

#2027571 - 02/07/18 03:14 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
But we're ignoring him...so he's obviously not coming here, right?
If we did a better job, we wouldn't need to wonder now about the outcome. Hopefully, he (Robinson) can see the value of a Kansas education.

#2027572 - 02/07/18 03:19 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: dgless21]
Wilt Chamberlain

We'll hopefully find out more at about 3:30 CT when Blue Valley North is having its signing event.
Yeah, that should be somewhat telling on how his academic progress is coming along.

And understood about your other post.

#2027576 - 02/07/18 03:40 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
rivals has us at 47th right now. If that holds...pretty damn good job on recruiting and very impressive when considering our performance on the field forever.

#2027581 - 02/07/18 05:25 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: track
rivals has us at 47th right now. If that holds...pretty damn good job on recruiting and very impressive when considering our performance on the field forever.
Nope Cincinnati is #47. Also not pretty darn good or very impressive, just good for the lack of on field performance.

#2027582 - 02/07/18 05:27 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Nope Cincinnati is #47. Also not pretty darn good or impressive, just good for the lack of on field performance.

Wouldn't expect you to spin it any other way than negatively...and when I posted that message it was 47....so eat it.

#2027583 - 02/07/18 05:29 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Nope Cincinnati is #47. Also not pretty darn good or impressive, just good for the lack of on field performance.

Wouldn't expect you to spin it any other way than negatively...and when I posted that message it was 47....so beat it.
Ewww...

#2027588 - 02/07/18 10:03 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

How does everyone feel about the recruiting class? I thought it was a good recruiting class considering the lack of wins. The additions on defense look good for immediate help at DE, CB and S. I would have liked to get another large DT. Maybe we still end up getting the grad transfer from Rice but he is kind of small for a B12 DT.

Recuiting on offense was OK. Pooka was a great addition. I am looking forward to seeing how good Saunders is at TE. Kendrick should provide some excitement when he runs the ball. Recruiting on OL was decent but I still would like to get another large OL grad transfer like we did with Hannon.

Edited by pizzanbeer (02/07/18 10:04 PM)

#2027590 - 02/07/18 10:41 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: pizzanbeer]
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
How does everyone feel about the recruiting class? I thought it was a good recruiting class considering the lack of wins. The additions on defense look good for immediate help at DE, CB and S. I would have liked to get another large DT. Maybe we still end up getting the grad transfer from Rice but he is kind of small for a B12 DT.

Recuiting on offense was OK. Pooka was a great addition. I am looking forward to seeing how good Saunders is at TE. Kendrick should provide some excitement when he runs the ball. Recruiting on OL was decent but I still would like to get another large OL grad transfer like we did with Hannon.
My quick first take on the class is, we got some special very high end guys on the top with Pooka and Harris. The highest rated recruits ever to commit to KU in the recruiting website era. That's pretty damned impressive all things considered.

And we got a lot of physically capable looking blue collar type guys, especially in the trenches (including LB'ers here). Guys who look and sound like they'll bust their asses and be foundational type players on the team for a few years.

Think we got a few steals in the class too. Overall, I think it looks like a good solid class from top to bottom (even despite the JUCO "problem"), but I'm still quite a bit excited about Harris and Pooka.

#2027591 - 02/07/18 10:58 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
prairiehawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: KS
I understand the concern about having too many juco players. And figures don't lie, but the liars can sure figure. However, here's another way to view the figures.

I believe KU has 27 total recruits so far this year and 1 transfer (5th yr. player, who we will not consider in the numbers). That breaks down as 9 scholarship high school players and 7 walk-on high school players that's a total of 16 high school recruits at this time.
KU also has 11 recruits that are juco players, BUT at least 3 of those players have three years of eligibility, so they might be placed in a category of similar to high school scholarship players and subtracted from the list of 11 juco (two year players).

So, the new numbers would be 19 high school recruits (meaning 3 or 4 year players). And only 8 juco recruits (meaning 2 yr. players). Also remember, a really good high player might not stay his full 4 eligible years, similar to Armstrong. So KU might not have him as a senior anyway.

I know this is a different way of looking at the figures, but 8 juco players would not be out of line for what KU needs (immediate help). And programs like k-state have done extremely well utilizing really GOOD juco talent (and walk-on talent) as needed. Bottom line - I just don't quite get all the panic about "having too many juco recruits". If most of those players stay a full 3 or 4 years, that would be a solid upper class for leadership. And most importantly, no matter where a recruit comes from, he must be coached and developed to have a significant impact for the team/program.

Edited by prairiehawk (02/07/18 11:16 PM)

#2027594 - 02/08/18 07:00 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: prairiehawk]
track Offline
gale sayers

Originally Posted By: prairiehawk
I understand the concern about having too many juco players. And figures don't lie, but the liars can sure figure. However, here's another way to view the figures.

I believe KU has 27 total recruits so far this year and 1 transfer (5th yr. player, who we will not consider in the numbers). That breaks down as 9 scholarship high school players and 7 walk-on high school players that's a total of 16 high school recruits at this time.
KU also has 11 recruits that are juco players, BUT at least 3 of those players have three years of eligibility, so they might be placed in a category of similar to high school scholarship players and subtracted from the list of 11 juco (two year players).

So, the new numbers would be 19 high school recruits (meaning 3 or 4 year players). And only 8 juco recruits (meaning 2 yr. players). Also remember, a really good high player might not stay his full 4 eligible years, similar to Armstrong. So KU might not have him as a senior anyway.

I know this is a different way of looking at the figures, but 8 juco players would not be out of line for what KU needs (immediate help). And programs like k-state have done extremely well utilizing really GOOD juco talent (and walk-on talent) as needed. Bottom line - I just don't quite get all the panic about "having too many juco recruits". If most of those players stay a full 3 or 4 years, that would be a solid upper class for leadership. And most importantly, no matter where a recruit comes from, he must be coached and developed to have a significant impact for the team/program.

Actually there are SIX, not 3,of the new juco class that have 3+ years of eligibility left. That leaves only 5 new jucos that are the typical 2+ year juco player....hardly enough to ruin an entire senior class(sorry keegan). KSU signed 5 jucos in their class this year. A lot of fans associate jucos with the juco disaster created by Weis where he brought in 36 jucos and 15 of them never appeared in a game. That has not been the case with the jucos brought in to date by beaty....22 out of 22 have either appeared in a game or been redshirted...excluding the 2 who had medical issues that allowed their scholarships to be used by high school athletes.
Two of the new juco players are safeties, two are cornerbacks,two are defensive ends and one is a defensive lineman.....based on last year, we needed immediate help in
all those areas so it seems like the prudent thing to do was to get immediate help with older more experienced players to fill those roles.
I have no issues with this new recruiting class...in fact I think all things considered
beaty and his staff did a helluva job.(it for sure will not ruin the chances of success of a new head coach if that happens...as one moron fretted) Now the real question is can they translate that into some wins on the field....to date they have failed....thus this years performance on the field will probably decide their fate.

Edited by track (02/08/18 07:07 AM)

Page 123 of 126 < 1 2 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 >

Preview