Page 102 of 131 < 1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 130 131 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2025689 - 01/01/18 02:23 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! *** [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
KU KSU is still the only named P5. If you say it’s more, doesn’t make it true kman. I’m not that ignorant ya know!!
Your statements say otherwise.

Still a 2 by some so-called website experts & I go with a blend of opinions. Unlike some stubborn posters here.
A blend of opinions? LOL
Bullsh|it, you go with the worst one you can find when it comes to anything KU football.

What's your opinion on Pooka Williams? What kind of star ranking do you think he is?

#2025690 - 01/01/18 02:40 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: moose1]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: moose1
Whether he is two stars or three he looks pretty good on highlights. I know it is just highlights, but you can tell he is fast, has good hands, and it looks like he has a nose for the ball. Plus he is a high school graduate instead of JUCO who all KU fans want more of.

To me he looks like he could be a decent player, but that is just my opinion.

Hey if KU is going to turn this thing around they need to pick up guys that other schools missed on. Ryan might be one of them.
Ran a 10.9 100m and 21.4 200m back in the spring T&F season in 2017. Ran 4.4 40's at a couple different camps too. Not sure, but think they were all hand timed though.

I agree with your overall opinion too.

#2025692 - 01/01/18 03:56 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO

Bite me[/quote] Happy New Year! [/quote]Having a wonderful time so far, but both 58 & 21 seem agitated.[/quote] Nope. Treat you like a grain of salt...

#2025695 - 01/01/18 04:12 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
KU KSU is still the only named P5. If you say it’s more, doesn’t make it true kman. I’m not that ignorant ya know!!
Your statements say otherwise.

Still a 2 by some so-called website experts & I go with a blend of opinions. Unlike some stubborn posters here.
A blend of opinions? LOL
Bullsh|it, you go with the worst one you can find when it comes to anything KU football.

What's your opinion on Pooka Williams? What kind of star ranking do you think he is?
Williams has to be a three star. IMO he will be a starter quickly.

#2025700 - 01/01/18 06:48 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
schmuck34 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

I've watched a lot of Pooka, he's as good as any 4 in the same mold. (Small, shifty RB/WRs)

#2025719 - 01/02/18 02:20 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: schmuck34]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Pooka was named offensive player of the year for the greater New Orleans metro area by the New Orleans Advocate newspaper and offensive player of the year for the entire state of Louisiana by USA Today.

I watched his videos from his Junior year and thought he was a borderline 4 star type guy, but after what he did this year in his league and especially in the state playoffs he looks like a solid 4 star type guy to me now. I won't be surprised one bit if Rivals bumps him up to 4 stars before they stop revising the 2018 recruit ratings. They bumped him up from a low 3 star to highest 3 star during the year last year so they've been taking some notice. Think their last bump up of him was done back in early November.

#2025722 - 01/02/18 02:28 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
"STARS" have more to do with which school is recruiting a kid than the folks at Rivals let on. SInce "Pooka" signed with KANSAS, he actually might drop a bit. Had he signed with LSU or Bama, he would have received a bump. It's all pretty meaningless really. I'd take a secondary full of Charles Gordon's and Aquib Talib's at 2 & 3 star ratings any day of the week. Pooka appears to be a pretty good get too.

#2025732 - 01/02/18 05:16 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Pooka was named offensive player of the year for the greater New Orleans metro area by the New Orleans Advocate newspaper and offensive player of the year for the entire state of Louisiana by USA Today.

I watched his videos from his Junior year and thought he was a borderline 4 star type guy, but after what he did this year in his league and especially in the state playoffs he looks like a solid 4 star type guy to me now. I won't be surprised one bit if Rivals bumps him up to 4 stars before they stop revising the 2018 recruit ratings. They bumped him up from a low 3 star to highest 3 star during the year last year so they've been taking some notice. Think their last bump up of him was done back in early November.

Not to worry, DB and crew can get him to 1 star status in no time. Hopefully he only has to live through 2-3 games of the regime, and an embaressing loss to Nicholls St, who he turned down.(We definitely have better locker rooms than Nicholls tho, FYI).

#2025736 - 01/02/18 05:40 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: beenahawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: beenahawk
"STARS" have more to do with which school is recruiting a kid than the folks at Rivals let on. SInce "Pooka" signed with KANSAS, he actually might drop a bit. Had he signed with LSU or Bama, he would have received a bump. It's all pretty meaningless really. I'd take a secondary full of Charles Gordon's and Aquib Talib's at 2 & 3 star ratings any day of the week. Pooka appears to be a pretty good get too.
I agree, there's definitely a good amount of politics involved with the ratings the recruiting websites give out, but I think Rivals is better about it now than they were during their first 15 years of existence.

I doubt Pooka's rating is gonna drop though as guys that garner best offensive player awards of talent rich areas such as NOLA and more so the entire state of Louisiana don't get bumped down even by the most political recruiting site.

I think most all of us (sans 1) would love to get a class completely full of a bunch of underrated Talib, Collins, McClinton, Gordon, Briscoe types.

#2025737 - 01/02/18 05:41 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Jman1]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Jman1
Not to worry, DB and crew can get him to 1 star status in no time. Hopefully he only has to live through 2-3 games of the regime, and an embaressing loss to Nicholls St, who he turned down.(We definitely have better locker rooms than Nicholls tho, FYI).
I'm confused, how do you REALLY feel about the coaches? LOL

#2025786 - 01/03/18 02:48 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

I was reading some info on the Rich Rod getting fired by Arizona and noticed they have a DT Marcus Griffin that is going to grad transfer. He was a 4 star recruit coming out of HS. I would not be surprised to see Beaty pick up a grad transfer at DT.

#2025790 - 01/03/18 03:07 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
Jman1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

OK, you got me KMan, I'll admit it: I think they're GREAT

(for scrubbing garbage cans and cleaning urinals).

#2025827 - 01/04/18 09:39 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Jman1]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Who, from our current roster of mostly no "star" walkons, did you expect them to "coach" up to all american levels?

#2025829 - 01/04/18 10:23 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
I'm still surpised that we're putting this on Beaty. Zenger is to blame.

Beaty's was not and is not good, but how many of us really expected him to be? It's not like he came in looking like the GOAT of coaches. Hell, he wasn't even the best of WR coaches. It was a HUGE reach.

He was a WR coach at an above average SEC team, and we expect him to outcoach these guys that have kickass resumes like Solich, Snyder, Patterson, Holgerson, Gundy, etc. Even Lincoln Riley was a badass OC before becoming a HC--he also has Stoops brother and McNeil on the staff to help with HC questions/concerns.

Yeah, he said some good things in a press conference. Yeah, he sold us on competing for a bowl this year. That's what coaches do to cover their asses. No one wants him to say we're going to go 0-12 or 1-11.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2025833 - 01/04/18 11:12 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2018 News, Updates,etc! [Re: Jman1]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO

Beaty can't clean out the daily stool for Coach Mangino properly. Giving him WAY too much credit.

Page 102 of 131 < 1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 130 131 >

Preview