Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2013973 - 01/29/17 08:55 AM What's Baylor up to now?
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
17 commits in the last week? Meanwhile another sleazy document dump about 52 rapes over the last couple of years. Do you really think they're on the straight and narrow?

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizou

#2014023 - 01/30/17 12:12 PM Re: What's Baylor up to now? [Re: John_Brown]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Absolutely not.

There's a giant stench coming from Waco and it's ain't all the skunk and armadillo roadkill down there either.

They managed to "flip" a couple of recruits during a NCAA dead period. That in and of itself seems like a big red flag to me. I also don't see them escaping some sort of serious NCAA and possibly Big 12 (though I'm not so confident on this one) sanctions in the not so distant future.

Whatever they're telling these recruits has to be 1 of the biggest barrels of BS you've ever seen in your life cause any recruit who's not a Baylor diehard and has other options is fooling themselves if they don't think things are gonna take a turn for the worse for them down there. I think a lot of them are also putting their heads in the sand thinking Baylor is or will be what Baylor has been over the past 4 or 5 years just cause that's how it was. Even if they faced no sanctions, which I doubt, they can't replace Briles any easier than ksu will be able to replace ole buck tooth. It's a shame these recruits don't have more adults around them to give them some sage advice about committing to that place.

The NCAA investigations and sanctions won't probably happen until some of these Title IX lawsuits get worked out so they may escape for another year or 2, but I think some sort of hammer is gonna drop soon after. If it doesn't, the NCAA needs to fold up their tent and go away as they'd serve no real purpose other than to steal $$ from the basketball rich schools in the tournament every year.

#2014527 - 02/08/17 09:39 AM Re: What's Baylor up to now? [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Interesting:

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=211461596

The Big 12 Conference Board of Directors voted unanimously to withhold one-quarter (25 percent) of future revenue distribution payments to Baylor University, pending the outcome of third-party verification review of required changes to Baylor’s athletics procedures and to institutional governance of its intercollegiate athletics programs, among other matters.

“The Board is unified in establishing a process to verify that proper institutional controls are in place and sustainable,” said University of Oklahoma president and Big 12 Conference Board of Directors chairman David Boren. “Effective immediately, the Conference is withholding 25 percent of Baylor’s share of any future revenue distribution until the proper execution of controls is independently verified. By taking these actions the Board desires to ensure that the changes that were promised are actually made and that systems are in place to avoid future problems. The proportional withholding of revenue distribution payments will be in effect until the Board has determined that Baylor is in compliance with Conference bylaws and regulations as well as all components of Title IX.”

Baylor was not included in the Board vote and will be responsible for all associated costs.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2014542 - 02/08/17 12:18 PM Re: What's Baylor up to now? [Re: John_Brown]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
I wonder if this means the 25% is withheld for future distribution to Baylor when compliance review is acceptable. Much like revenue being escrowed (suspended) today but would be available to them in the future.

#2014560 - 02/09/17 12:24 AM Re: What's Baylor up to now? [Re: John_Brown]
PbBut Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: 66227
The strength coach on their new staff was just fired after getting caught in a prostitution sting Super Bowl weekend.

To paraphrase one of the comments on the story said..."Let me get this straight, if you want to pay for sex in Waco, the police will arrest you, but if you rape someone in Waco, no one cares."

#2014590 - 02/09/17 03:26 PM Re: What's Baylor up to now? [Re: KUCO_VOC]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
I wonder if this means the 25% is withheld for future distribution to Baylor when compliance review is acceptable. Much like revenue being escrowed (suspended) today but would be available to them in the future.
I

It means nothing w/out follow-up. 10 years on from their last scandal, and they've topped that mess? They need to be gutted again. W/in an inch of their financial lives if possible. Maybe they'll learn.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#2014592 - 02/09/17 03:30 PM Re: What's Baylor up to now? [Re: John_Brown]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Unfortunately, the big 12 didn't do anything worthwhile.

Upon further review:
Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken Feb 8
FWIW, I'm told this isn't a penalty. Money will be held in escrow pending completion/result of the audit.

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken Feb 8
In other words, Baylor will get that 25% back eventually if the results of the review are positive

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

Preview