Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2013755 - 01/23/17 01:56 AM New locker rooms, meeting rooms, etc.
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I noticed KU football tweeted a sick video of the new digs inside Anderson.

Take a look if you already haven't seen it.

https://twitter.com/KU_Football/status/822473800763617280

Place looks like a completely new building on the inside for the most part.

Can't wait until the new dorm is finished come this August! I bet it'll be just as awesome.

#2013770 - 01/23/17 03:22 PM Re: New locker rooms, meeting rooms, etc. [Re: Kman_blue]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Swe...et!

#2013801 - 01/24/17 04:56 PM Re: New locker rooms, meeting rooms, etc. [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
I noticed KU football tweeted a sick video of the new digs inside Anderson.

Take a look if you already haven't seen it.

https://twitter.com/KU_Football/status/822473800763617280

Place looks like a completely new building on the inside for the most part.

Can't wait until the new dorm is finished come this August! I bet it'll be just as awesome.

Yessir...these football (and hoops) kids are all just SIMPLE members of the student body.....no "special" treatment. When is the NCAA simply going to admit that college athletics is simply BIG business?

#2013835 - 01/25/17 01:14 PM Re: New locker rooms, meeting rooms, etc. [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
These guys surely are living like kings compared to how I was living while at KU. The academic support they get at KU is also insanely good, not to mention the training/rehab/workout/meeting room facilities. Training table ain't so bad either!

When I was at KU, the weight room was stuck under the bleachers of Memorial Stadium and was about as old school as you can get. Looked like something straight out of the 1950's or 1960's.

The Towers was about as flashy or upscale as things got for student athletes back then and even then a lot of athletes didn't live there because of lack of space. The "unlucky ones" had to live in Naismith Hall.

Times have changed!

#2013844 - 01/25/17 03:01 PM Re: New locker rooms, meeting rooms, etc. [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Fuzzy's Taco Shop
I will be sure to give you all my thoughts after the facilities tour in February.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2013892 - 01/27/17 10:48 AM Re: New locker rooms, meeting rooms, etc. [Re: Kman_blue]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
These guys surely are living like kings compared to how I was living while at KU. The academic support they get at KU is also insanely good, not to mention the training/rehab/workout/meeting room facilities. Training table ain't so bad either!

When I was at KU, the weight room was stuck under the bleachers of Memorial Stadium and was about as old school as you can get. Looked like something straight out of the 1950's or 1960's.

The Towers was about as flashy or upscale as things got for student athletes back then and even then a lot of athletes didn't live there because of lack of space. The "unlucky ones" had to live in Naismith Hall.

Times have changed!

One would think that a FREE education is surely enough of a benefit. The world has simply gone nucking futz.

Preview