Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2013520 - 01/15/17 05:39 PM Sonny Dyykes to TCU
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Having Sonny Dyykes and Sonny Cumbie at TCU could create some confusion.

Edited by pizzanbeer (01/15/17 05:51 PM)

#2013522 - 01/15/17 06:20 PM Re: Sonny Dyykes to TCU [Re: pizzanbeer]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Curious what his "advisory role" will entail. At first glance, I would've guessed he would replace Meacham as play-caller.

Zach Barnett ‏@zach_barnett 2h2 hours ago
I'm told Sonny Dy|kes will join the TCU staff in an advisory role. @JClarkHFB first reported http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2013536 - 01/16/17 11:19 AM Re: Sonny Dyykes to TCU [Re: pizzanbeer]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Seems like Baylor is trying desperately to hang on to some kind of high powered air raid offense on the same level as Briles' O.

Don't think they can do it, but it probably won't matter once they start getting their probable NCAA sanctions in the next couple years.

As such, not sure why any recruit would pick them right now, unless they're being sold a bill of goods by the new coaches or they don't have any other P-5 offers.

#2013538 - 01/16/17 11:39 AM Re: Sonny Dyykes to TCU [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Seems like Baylor is trying desperately to hang on to some kind of high powered air raid offense on the same level as Briles' O.

Don't think they can do it, but it probably won't matter once they start getting their probable NCAA sanctions in the next couple years.

As such, not sure why any recruit would pick them right now, unless they're being sold a bill of goods by the new coaches or they don't have any other P-5 offers.
Baylor recruiting for 2017 has just pulled ahead of Kansas this weekend per 247 ratings and rankings. I'm sure you are right kman.

#2013562 - 01/16/17 05:27 PM Re: Sonny Dyykes to TCU [Re: pizzanbeer]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Rivals has KU 59 and Baylor 66. But Baylor only has 12 commitments so far.

#2013571 - 01/16/17 08:59 PM Re: Sonny Dyykes to TCU [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Rivals has KU 59 and Baylor 66. But Baylor only has 12 commitments so far.
HC got six commits in one weekend! It appears the Baylor brand is still strong to do that many commits.

I don't check all sources because of time constraints for me. Rivals vs 247 shows differences I assume at the time I viewed it. Yes it is not an exact science therefore we shouldn't be concerned is what Mr Know-It-All tells us all. Be concerned.

I look at BG12 team recruiting ratings vs national rankings as we compete more within the BG12 year over year obviously.

Preview