Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2013119 - 01/05/17 03:33 PM New Early Signing Period Proposed
pizzanbeer Online   content
Lawrence Legend

NCAA proposed a new early signing period for the last Wednesday in June but I haven't seen it finalized yet. They want to start it in the next recruiting class. If approved it should help Beaty hang on to more of the early commits.

#2013124 - 01/05/17 04:29 PM Re: New Early Signing Period Proposed [Re: pizzanbeer]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Wendy's Free Wifi
I think June is too early, but I do like the idea of having one in August or early September.

This would allow players in HS to stop the recruitment process from interfering with the season similar to how basketball allows the same.

It would definitely be of benefit to KU as we seem to find players only to have them poached after their original commitment in the 6 months between a (verbal) commitment and signing day.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2013132 - 01/05/17 06:49 PM Re: New Early Signing Period Proposed [Re: dgless21]
pizzanbeer Online   content
Lawrence Legend

The NCAA needs to cut down on player poaching to improve parity and make the games more interesting. Close games sell tickets and draw TV viewers. If realignment taught us anything its that the almighty dollar drives these decisions.

Edited by pizzanbeer (01/05/17 06:51 PM)

Preview