Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2012993 - 01/02/17 07:09 PM Re: UCONN fires Diaco 11-26 but... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
58- I posted your exact words above which contradicts your subsequent post. So I'm puzzled. I feel DB should turn to traditional players with four-five years to play four. Just an opinion.

#2013000 - 01/02/17 10:18 PM Re: UCONN fires Diaco 11-26 but... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Phog1004 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KC
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Weis was a killer of Jewish people? I don't agree.

Nothing whatsoever to do with sports.

Lol, that's what you get from my post saying Beatty and Weis are nothing alike?? And you honestly believe that??? Bwahahaha, I love how bat-sh!t crazy your brain is. Classic!

#2013009 - 01/03/17 09:07 AM Re: UCONN fires Diaco 11-26 but... [Re: Phog1004]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Phog1004
Weis was a killer of Jewish people? I don't agree.

Nothing whatsoever to do with sports.

Lol, that's what you get from my post saying Beatty and Weis are nothing alike?? And you honestly believe that??? Bwahahaha, I love how bat-sh!t crazy your brain is. Classic!
Out of context Phog

#2013017 - 01/03/17 02:38 PM Re: UCONN fires Diaco 11-26 but... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Jucos failed Weis and the 2.0 version with DB will be his undoing...
Your assertion that coach Beaty is doing a 2.0 version of what Weis did in regards to JUCO recruiting is akin to asserting Gandhi and hitler were the same kind of people because both were short guys with mustaches.
For once, I'm speechless. One killed people relentlessly and the other was into passive resistance. Apples and bread. Big diff.

Edit: Gandhi had short legs but a barrel chest and a booming voice. Not exactly a physical match here.

My analogy illustrates the flaw in your reasoning. It wasn't an analogy of the actions of Weis and Beaty to those of Gandhi and hitler you dolt.

Since you've shown a manifest failure to grasp the meaning of my post (probably purposely), I'll spell it out for you.

hitler was a murderous genocidal nationalist leader who tried to achieve his goals through violence, warfare, torture, and genocide, trying to exterminate his opposition, and happened to be short and had a mustache.

Gandhi was a non-violent nationalist leader who tried to achieve his goals through peaceful protests playing on the moralities, reason, and conscience of his opposition, and happened to be short and had a mustache.

They're both short guys with mustaches who became leaders in the 20th century and wanted to achieve their nationalists agendas, but of course they went about it in very VERY different ways.

Weis relied heavily on JUCO recruiting at a high rate and recruited a lot of JUCOs with a lot of obvious high risk, like obvious and known behavioral problems, poor grades, shady character, etc.

Beaty has recruited JUCOs at a much more modest rate, and has taken lower risk JUCOs with most all being early mid-year grads or guys who went the JUCO route to improve their P5 prospects; i.e. higher character, good behavior, good grades kind of JUCOs.

Both are coaches of KU football teams in the 21st century who recruited JUCOs to try and improve their teams and win games, but of course they went at it (and in Beaty's case still is at it) in very VERY different ways.

#2013019 - 01/03/17 03:06 PM Re: UCONN fires Diaco 11-26 but... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

...I feel DB should turn to traditional players with four-five years to play four. Just an opinion.
You're directly contradicting your early posts now.

Grayshirts and Blueshirts have "four-five years to play four", but aren't "traditional players" according to you earlier.

Which is it now? This new definition of traditional players being players with "four-five years to play four", or is it strictly HS recruits who sign their LOI in February then receive their initial scholarship in August of that same year?

Because if it's your new definition, then that's exactly what coach Beaty has been doing. Hell, even under your earlier definition that's still mostly what coach Beaty has been doing.

#2013020 - 01/03/17 03:10 PM Re: UCONN fires Diaco 11-26 but... [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Jucos failed Weis and the 2.0 version with DB will be his undoing...
Your assertion that coach Beaty is doing a 2.0 version of what Weis did in regards to JUCO recruiting is akin to asserting Gandhi and hitler were the same kind of people because both were short guys with mustaches.
Weis relied heavily on JUCO recruiting at a high rate and recruited a lot of JUCOs with a lot of obvious high risk, like obvious and known behavioral problems, poor grades, shady character, etc.

Beaty has recruited JUCOs at a much more modest rate, and has taken lower risk JUCOs with most all being early mid-year grads or guys who went the JUCO route to improve their P5 prospects; i.e. higher character, good behavior, good grades kind of JUCOs.
Seems I remember 2012 better than you. Weis grades went from 2.46 to 3.0 for the best total avg for the program in its history. www2.ljworld.com/news/2012/jun/06/kufootballs-gpa-jump-big-stinkin-deal/
Yes I recall how ashamed we all were about that moment.

#2013021 - 01/03/17 03:15 PM Re: UCONN fires Diaco 11-26 but... [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

...I feel DB should turn to traditional players with four-five years to play four. Just an opinion.

Grayshirts and Blueshirts have "four-five years to play four", but aren't "traditional players" according to you earlier.

Which is it now? This new definition of traditional players being players with "four-five years to play four", or is it strictly HS recruits who sign their LOI in February then receive their initial scholarship in August of that same year?

Because if it's your new definition, then that's exactly what coach Beaty has been doing. Hell, even under your earlier definition that's still mostly what coach Beaty has been doing.
I was strickly thinking of a medical redshirt or a freshman redshirting his first year. Five to play four, correct? That's traditional...no getting an unranked blue or gray to count forward is traditional generally. I think Coach needs to lay off in his third year to get more traditional in what he does. His mid year this year has too many jucos counting against his full class numbers. He should be able to get them by now if he won a few more games.

#2013025 - 01/03/17 03:59 PM Re: UCONN fires Diaco 11-26 but... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Seems I remember 2012 better than you. Weis grades went from 2.46 to 3.0 for the best total avg for the program in its history. www2.ljworld.com/news/2012/jun/06/kufootballs-gpa-jump-big-stinkin-deal/
Yes I recall how ashamed we all were about that moment.
Guys who never made it to campus or left the team mid-semester, and there were quite a few, didn't count in the team GPA average.

But specifically, I was talking about their grades at their JUCO.

It would be no surprise if the grades of those who actually made it to the end of 1 semester at KU had their grades rise some because of our outstanding 2nd to none academic support though. This is no hyperbole, KU has 1 of the very best academic support programs in the country. Most of us fans have no idea how good it really is compared to even a lot of bluebloods.

#2013026 - 01/03/17 04:12 PM Re: UCONN fires Diaco 11-26 but... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I was strickly thinking of a medical redshirt or a freshman redshirting his first year. Five to play four, correct? That's traditional...no getting an unranked blue or gray to count forward is traditional generally. I think Coach needs to lay off in his third year to get more traditional in what he does. His mid year this year has too many jucos counting against his full class numbers. He should be able to get them by now if he won a few more games.
Again, both Blueshirts and Grayshirts have a Redshirt year still.

Also, most of KU's Blueshirt and Grayshirt players under coach Beaty have been ranked, and had other D1 and P5 traditional offers even. Since you're making claims of having a better memory than me, then why do you consistently and constantly keep forgetting this Blueshirt?

#2013028 - 01/03/17 06:16 PM Re: UCONN fires Diaco 11-26 but... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Can we count on eight-nine Lees every year kman? No? In general, blue grey aren't offered a schollie because they don't have the best of talent? Or not physically big enough? That's my definition of unranked. Not a specific definition I know but that's what I mean. Gameball never thought we could snag the traditional BG12 level. Beginning to believe in reincarnation...

At least you don't go all personal when you post your ideas. Well done.

#2013029 - 01/03/17 06:23 PM Re: UCONN fires Diaco 11-26 but... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Let's wait for Lee to complete his career to count him as a complete success as I can't see him doing 4 years of getting beat up like his first year. He needs support to keep healthy.

#2013032 - 01/03/17 07:07 PM Re: UCONN fires Diaco 11-26 but... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
58- I posted your exact words above which contradicts your subsequent post. So I'm puzzled. I feel DB should turn to traditional players with four-five years to play four. Just an opinion.
I agree but when you are starting from scratch you need a blend of both Juco and 4 year players especially when you are struggling establishing depth. Beaty is doing everything he can. You can't fault his work ethic.

#2013034 - 01/03/17 07:51 PM Re: UCONN fires Diaco 11-26 but... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

For two years it has been Weis' fault for starting from scratch 58. My opinion is that now (third year) the fledgling HC needs to both step up to win and get some better level four year players or at least more of them. To establish his identity somewhat. It's a problem for him. For example, are we seeing a fast paced air raid offense? A well trained special teams effort? Talking about seeing some slight improvements in these areas just listed. Defense is only one area of some improvement for Kansas in the past two seasons.

#2013037 - 01/03/17 08:26 PM Re: UCONN fires Diaco 11-26 but... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Wendy's Free Wifi
Let's wait for Lee to complete his career to count him as a complete success as I can't see him doing 4 years of getting beat up like his first year. He needs support to keep healthy.

He got beat up? Link?

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2013038 - 01/03/17 08:46 PM Re: UCONN fires Diaco 11-26 but... [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: dgless21

He got beat up? Link?
Based upon the # of tackles credited. Do I need to source the University of Kansas official stats sheet?

Not beaten in an alley but beat up yes. Figuratively beat up.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview