casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
Sayonara, Big Game Bob.

#2012556 - 12/16/16 10:12 PM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
casey Offline
hello

http://deadspin.com/video-of-oklahoma-rb-joe-mixon-punching-female-student-1790208183

Stoops saw the video a short time after this went down and he decided a 1-year suspension was the right punishment.

#2012562 - 12/17/16 06:53 AM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
bigdogjac Online   happy
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
Should headline read: Women pushes and hits football player, he defends himself.?

Edited by bigdogjac (12/17/16 08:06 AM)

#2012563 - 12/17/16 07:23 AM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: bigdogjac]
Yardbirdbob Offline
Phog Fanatic

bigdogjac - you are scum if that is what you think after watching that video. There is such a thing as proportionality in our society. Nothing she did warranted that attack. At no time was he under threat that would warrant such a brutal punch to the mouth. Disgusting - him, and you.

#2012564 - 12/17/16 07:50 AM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
bigdogjac Online   happy
Wilt Chamberlain

Yard bird, don't get to excited! I didn't say that is what it should have read. I said. should it have read that? Thanks for your your opinion on the subject, but don't accuse me of feeling that way, I never said i did.

I will have some more questions about this as others give their opinion.

#2012565 - 12/17/16 07:57 AM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: bigdogjac]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
I didn't say that is what it should have read. I said. should it have read that? Thanks for your your opinion on the subject, but don't accuse me of feeling that way, I never said i did.

I will have some more questions about this as others give their opinion.

Yup, scum!

#2012566 - 12/17/16 08:07 AM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: KUCO_VOC]
bigdogjac Online   happy
Wilt Chamberlain

KUCO must not be feeling well today, he has no opinion on the subject.

#2012567 - 12/17/16 08:09 AM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: bigdogjac]
casey Offline
hello

Should headline read: Women pushes and hits football player, he defends himself.?

Bob Stoops would seemingly agree with you. I do not.

If a seven year old shoves you do you kick him in the head to defend yourself?

#2012568 - 12/17/16 08:15 AM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
bigdogjac Online   happy
Wilt Chamberlain

Thanks for your opinion Casey, but do not assume I feel this way.

#2012569 - 12/17/16 08:35 AM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: bigdogjac]
casey Offline
hello

Thanks for your opinion Casey, but do not assume I feel this way.

You're suggesting there is a grey area here.

Men don't hit women. It isn't an open question.

#2012570 - 12/17/16 08:36 AM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
Phog1004 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KC
What's odd is that Bragg found himself in a very similar situation of a female slapping, scratching, and trying to choke him, and his response was to push her away ( according to the police after viewing the video).....Mixons response was to break 4 bones in a females face after one slap????

Yeah, his response was appropriate as long as someone else gets to (appropriately) bash his head in repeatedly with a baseball bat. Instead, his punishment was to be allowed to continue to go to school free of charge, and eventually come back and play football again.

#2012575 - 12/17/16 09:12 AM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
bigdogjac Online   happy
Wilt Chamberlain

Living in Oklahoma since the inception of this incident, it has been an almost daily subject. The video just came out yesterday. It will be interesting the next week as I travel all over NW Oklahoma and interact with both OSU and OU fans.

Is it a legal issue or a moral issue? Casey, is there a gray area?

Did his football training cause his instant reaction?

Maybe, did he live in the getto and it is react or die?

Has the morals of our children and grandchildren degraded?

One thing I do know is that by keeping him on the team did not win them a National Championship. I don't think he will be back as will go pro regardless of where he goes in the draft.

I am 67 YO with 7 children, 26 Grandchildren and 5 great Gandchildren. I am old school. You don't hit women. I have never been hit or pushed by a lady. If my life was in danger(which his wasn't) no telling what I might do.

I was not an angel growing up. I do know this, hang out in a bar and bad things like this can happen.

It will be interesting how her lawsuit turns out. What will the judge or jury think, or will he settle after getting his millions?

#2012578 - 12/17/16 10:04 AM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: bigdogjac]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
Living in Oklahoma since the inception of this incident, it has been an almost daily subject. The video just came out yesterday. It will be interesting the next week as I travel all over NW Oklahoma and interact with both OSU and OU fans.

One thing I do know is that by keeping him on the team did not win them a National Championship. I don't think he will be back as will go pro regardless of where he goes in the draft.

I am 67 YO with 7 children, 26 Grandchildren and 5 great Gandchildren. I am old school. You don't hit women. I have never been hit or pushed by a lady. If my life was in danger(which his wasn't) no telling what I might do.

I was not an angel growing up. I do know this, hang out in a bar and bad things like this can happen.

It will be interesting how her lawsuit turns out. What will the judge or jury think, or will he settle after getting his millions?

You don't hit a woman. He's a scumbag. And she has a lot more guts than that little wimp she was defending. That guy should've at least tried to get a swing in. He'll settle and she earned a nice little chunk of change through the NFL.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#2012581 - 12/17/16 10:15 AM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: bigdogjac]
casey Offline
hello

Keep trying to create the grey area. This is fascinating to watch.

#2012587 - 12/17/16 03:18 PM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
I want to sucker punch you sometimes!

He wasn't "hanging out in a bar dude". Sandwich shop. Never hit women around me, I retaliate!

#2012597 - 12/17/16 06:42 PM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
Josh2408 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Kansas
[censored] ever hits my daughters were gonna fight

#2012658 - 12/19/16 06:47 PM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
bigdogjac Online   happy
Wilt Chamberlain

I'm not sure why Mixon chose to have his tape released. Is he hopeful that the general public would generate such a fuss that Stoops won't play him in the bowl game and he can skip it so he won't get injured? Or is he so stupid that it will prove that he did nothing wrong?

Listening to the general public, they are pissed at Stoops, AD and OU President Boren for letting him stay in school, let alone play football.

#2012660 - 12/19/16 07:24 PM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
Josh2408 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Kansas
If he thinks he didn't do anything wrong then he has even bigger problems then hurting his stock in the draft

#2012669 - 12/20/16 08:10 AM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Wendy's Free Wifi
He chose to have it released, from what I've read, so he could control the timing. It also sounded as though it was a foregone conclusion that it was going to come out at some point.

Basically, he and his lawyers were afraid that the female and her attorneys would find a way to leak the video at the worst time for Mixon and his career.

Plus, with an ongoing civil suit, Mixon was providing the accuser leverage by fighting to have it sealed. On one hand, Mixon and his lawyer(s) are trying to reduce the outcome of a civil suit. On the other hand, OU and the Norman PD was fighting to keep the footage sealed because of how devastating it is.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2012699 - 12/20/16 07:44 PM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
bigdogjac Online   happy
Wilt Chamberlain

Dgless, large article in the Daily Oklahoman today, You pretty well hit it on the head. According to all sides the N word and the G word was used. Another opinion is that the more time that can be put between the video and the NFL draft will help his draft status.

#2012716 - 12/21/16 11:18 AM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
bigdogjac Online   happy
Wilt Chamberlain

Things are heating up down here in Oklahoma. Daily OK says NFLGeneral Mgr's say they will not draft Mixon any round and may not sign him as a free agent since the tape came out.

Sports Animal Radio people are calling for him to go pro and not go to the Sugar Bowl. They say all the media will make the bowl game about Mixon and not the Sooners.

Stay Tuned.

#2012722 - 12/21/16 05:37 PM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
casey Offline
hello

Big Game Bob now saying he should have booted Mixon. Seems like a lock he won't play in the Sugar Bowl.

#2012725 - 12/21/16 06:04 PM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
bigdogjac Online   happy
Wilt Chamberlain

Have not heard Stoops press conference yet, but i hear he is going to play and stay and try to rehabilitate in the next 16 months. There will be something on news in the next 30 min.

#2012727 - 12/21/16 06:07 PM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Here's hoping for an Auburn win...

#2012743 - 12/21/16 06:58 PM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
bigdogjac Online   happy
Wilt Chamberlain

I have not seen the conference but have read all the questions and answers. Stoops talked like he was not sure what Mixon's future decisions will be after the Sugar Bowl. Stoops admits it was his decision to discipline Mixon and keep him. Sounds like Mixon will be addressing the public very soon. Maybe he will say what he is going to to do moving forward.

58Hawk, I can't say I want Auburn to win because I will always be for the Big 12 when they are playing others. It doesn't mean I am a Sooner lover because I am not.

#2012744 - 12/21/16 07:11 PM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
I don't hate the basketball team as bad as the arrogant football coaches and players.

#2012747 - 12/21/16 09:32 PM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
bigdogjac Online   happy
Wilt Chamberlain

No doubt, there are arrogant!

#2012748 - 12/21/16 09:35 PM Re: Mixon / Stoops [Re: casey]
casey Offline
hello

My favorite quote from Big Game Bob's presser:

"If I’m at fault of something, it's hard to give up on these young men that I go in their homes and meet with their families and talk about the opportunities to grow here at Oklahoma. For those who find that unacceptable, I apologize to those people."

Big Game Bob nails the "Sorry I offended you by condoning a woman puncher" quasi-apology. Boomer Sooner!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview