Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2012231 - 12/07/16 05:08 PM Re: ESPN All-Big 12 [Re: KUCO_VOC]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Individual awards mean nothing unless the team wins a few more games.

Did Beaty get nice guy of the year award? It's important to know.

Make up your mind. You are constantly judging coaches on "how many awards they have won", now you say awards are meaningless. Your estrogen level is through the roof.

#2012236 - 12/07/16 08:46 PM Re: ESPN All-Big 12 [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Nice to see Fish, Armstrong, Lee, Sims, Zunica, Banks, Adeniji, and the rest get some love, but Wise got screwed in the official Big 12 honors IMO.

Yes, he got honorable mention, but I fail to see how he's not at least on the 2nd team, if not the 1st team (ESPN put him on their 1st team I believe). He had more TFL's than any other DT in the conference at 10, had 1 fumble recovered (even ran it back 6 yards), and tied for 2nd highest TFL's in 1 game for any position in the entire season in the conference, had 38 total tackles, 3 QB hurries, 3 sacks, 1 pass breakup, and 2 blocked kicks all in 11 games played! He was getting either double teamed or chip blocked along with an OL blocking him for most of the 2nd half of the season also. I think he's clearly better than at least 4 DL put ahead of him in the coaches All-Big 12 teams.

Lee got screwed a bit too IMHO. Kid should have been a Senior in HS yet he had 77 tackles, 1.5 TFL's, 3 pass breakups, 2 forced fumbles, and 1 INT all in only 10 games played. He should have gotten D Freshman of the year IMO. Kid was flying around like a missile and just destroying people towards the end of the year as well as showing some much improved cover skills. He just kept getting better and better game in and game out. I guess at least he got some votes for D Fr. of the year.

#2012242 - 12/08/16 05:45 AM Re: ESPN All-Big 12 [Re: vmlb]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: vmlb
Individual awards mean nothing unless the team wins a few more games.

Did Beaty get nice guy of the year award? It's important to know.

Make up your mind. You are constantly judging coaches on "how many awards they have won", now you say awards are meaningless. Your estrogen level is through the roof.
My sarcasm wasn't heavy enough after I skipped a line. Sorry.

Awards mean more IF the team involved "wins a few more games". Guess you missed my point.

#2012243 - 12/08/16 06:05 AM Re: ESPN All-Big 12 [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

If Lee is so young I have to wonder about his durability for his entire college career. The # of tackles makes me hope he isn't a walking concussion by end of senior year.

#2012248 - 12/08/16 09:00 AM Re: ESPN All-Big 12 [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Wendy's Free Wifi
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Lee got screwed a bit too IMHO. Kid should have been a Senior in HS yet he had 77 tackles, 1.5 TFL's, 3 pass breakups, 2 forced fumbles, and 1 INT all in only 10 games played. He should have gotten D Freshman of the year IMO. Kid was flying around like a missile and just destroying people towards the end of the year as well as showing some much improved cover skills. He just kept getting better and better game in and game out. I guess at least he got some votes for D Fr. of the year.

I agree here. Not that Reggie Walker didn't have a decent year, but he also plays on a line with Geary (second team) and Jordan Willis (DPoY).

He had a lot of opportunities from teams running away from Willis' side and the line obviously focused in Willis' direction on passing downs.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2012267 - 12/08/16 06:12 PM Re: ESPN All-Big 12 [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
If Lee is so young I have to wonder about his durability for his entire college career. The # of tackles makes me hope he isn't a walking concussion by end of senior year.
But that is why depth is so important.I guess that would be the case of hundreds of players like Lee. But you don't play him because there is a chance of a concussion. If that were the case you wouldn't field a team.

#2012274 - 12/08/16 07:17 PM Re: ESPN All-Big 12 [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
But that is why depth is so important.I guess that would be the case of hundreds of players like Lee. But you don't play him because there is a chance of a concussion. If that were the case you wouldn't field a team.
But there aren't hundreds of Lee's out there. Our coach shouldn't be burning players out is my point. Get to recruiting Beaty. Don't give us a bakers dozen WRs...

#2012299 - 12/09/16 02:21 PM Re: ESPN All-Big 12 [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
But there aren't hundreds of Lee's out there. Our coach shouldn't be burning players out is my point. Get to recruiting Beaty. Don't give us a bakers dozen WRs...
I think Beaty knows that. It's tough to develop depth everywhere when you're digging yourself out of a hole.

#2012322 - 12/10/16 11:26 AM Re: ESPN All-Big 12 [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

That's right, yo still think it's just because of the old coach that Kansas can't win anything. At some point, you will realize it is the new coach who is coaching these losses.

#2012421 - 12/13/16 04:16 PM Re: ESPN All-Big 12 [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Mike Lee gets some recognition from 247

http://247sports.com/Article/The-best-fr...s-True-49771778

#2012759 - 12/22/16 08:35 AM Re: ESPN All-Big 12 [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Athlon's all-big 12 freshman team:

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/big-12-all-freshman-team-2016

Lee and Adeniji first team. Ribordy seceond team.

Lots of Baylor on there.

#2012762 - 12/22/16 10:46 AM Re: ESPN All-Big 12 [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

That's right, yo still think it's just because of the old coach that Kansas can't win anything. At some point, you will realize it is the new coach who is coaching these losses.
Go away.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview