#2012396 - 12/13/16 09:48 AM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: track
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Originally Posted By: jayhawkfan0710
I like the extension and pay raise. Signs of progress need to be rewarded. Even if the progress only resulted in a couple wins. Beaty is improving the program and needs to be compensated for his hard work. Rock Chalk!

Agreed. It's a valuable tool in recruiting. No doubt the competition was telling recruits KU fires their coaches after 2 or 3 years so Beaty wasn't going to be around. This fixes that and gives a recruit some confidence the head coach will be there all 4 years to keep building the program.
Lol. We just lost one yesterday. It's all about the money with Zenger.

You have lost all credibility on this message board. ...it going to be fun to watch.
First off, you don't "represent" any group, but yourself. Last off, I will be here when the train wreck occurs, if it does. All I want is some wins to prove this guy can.

#2012397 - 12/13/16 09:52 AM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: Magicman]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Magicman
I like the extension and pay raise. Signs of progress need to be rewarded. Even if the progress only resulted in a couple wins. Beaty is improving the program and needs to be compensated for his hard work. Rock Chalk!

Agreed. It's a valuable tool in recruiting. No doubt the competition was telling recruits KU fires their coaches after 2 or 3 years so Beaty wasn't going to be around. This fixes that and gives a recruit some confidence the head coach will be there all 4 years to keep building the program.

I like the extension and pay raise, too. I think we all know the state of the football program...
Totally agree there majicman. I will be looking for the ticket price increases soon.

#2012398 - 12/13/16 10:32 AM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: HawksFB]
bigdogjac Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Oklahoma
Even though I believe coaches and pro athletes are far over paid, KU has to stay in the money game if we ever want to have a successful football program. Therefore I don't have a problem with the raise and extension.

#2012399 - 12/13/16 10:51 AM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Wendy's Free Wifi
First off, you don't "represent" any group, but yourself. Last off, I will be here when the train wreck occurs, if it does. All I want is some wins to prove this guy can.

If KU football is (or will be) a train wreck now, then when Weis and Gill were here it was a train that wrecked by colliding with a dumpster fire in the middle of a shitstorm.

At least it finally feels like we're moving upward rather than what KU showed/did during the 4.5 years of Gill and Weis' collective clusterfucktrastrophe wrecklamation project.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2012401 - 12/13/16 11:27 AM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: track]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas

I'll grant you that the EXTENSION "should" assist in recruiting, but why double the man's salary? Recruiting this year is all but complete...only 16 schollies to give anyway. 2 maybe three remaining to offer. Also the recruiting genius that is supposed to be Beaty??? Why he as only ONE offensive lineman committed.

So why the raise??? Was it because of DB's superior skills working as the OC? Was it that marvelous work he's done with our OB's? No....had to be the exemplary performance of the punt return team! Literally every position he touched became WORSE! The man is not Midas, he's Sadim.

If anyone on the staff deserved a raise, it was Bowen and the defensive coaches. DB is a good (not great) head cheerleader...now making $1.6 million a year. That is nucking futz and will force me to stop WEF contributions. The only plus I see from this is that it is additional ammunition to show Zenger the door.

#2012403 - 12/13/16 12:10 PM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: HawksFB]
DrGreydog Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Topeka
Havent heard anyone say...was there more money made available for the assistant coaches.

Could be raided again by others if there isnt something there for them as well?

#2012410 - 12/13/16 01:12 PM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: dgless21]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: dgless21

If KU football is (or will be) a train wreck now, then when Weis and Gill were here it was a train that wrecked by colliding with a dumpster fire in the middle of a shitstorm.

At least it finally feels like we're moving upward rather than what KU showed/did during the 4.5 years of Gill and Weis' collective clusterfucktrastrophe wrecklamation project.

LOL....good post.

#2012411 - 12/13/16 01:59 PM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: DrGreydog]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Wendy's Free Wifi
Originally Posted By: DrGreydog
Havent heard anyone say...was there more money made available for the assistant coaches.

Could be raided again by others if there isnt something there for them as well?

Not 100% on this, but I believe that all of the assistants outside of Bowen, Perry, and Likens are renewed with new their salaries determined each year before the season.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2012412 - 12/13/16 02:02 PM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: dgless21

LOL....good post.
Is he part of "your group" that you blowhardy about?

#2012435 - 12/13/16 07:57 PM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: HawksFB]
jhawkblue Offline
John Brown

the pay raise and extension will have little to no effect on his tenure as HC if he manages a dramatic turn around he will have earned every penny and if he continues to field a bottom level D1 team the new administration will buy him out and replace him.

but the facts are he is 2-22 as a HC and it can be argued that by being the beneficiary of a 6 turn over game that was the last nail in the coach Strong coffin that he has actually did far more to improve the win total for Texas next year than he has actually done for the win total at KU

I Like DB and would like to see him succeed and earn another raise and extension though I have my doubts that will happen with the current staff in place (OC/DC)

I am a KU fan so in the end I want to see a competitive team on the field every saturday wether that team is lead by DB or his replacement

#2012459 - 12/14/16 02:57 PM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: jhawkblue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: jhawkblue
the pay raise and extension will have little to no effect on his tenure as HC if he manages a dramatic turn around he will have earned every penny and if he continues to field a bottom level D1 team the new administration will buy him out and replace him.

but the facts are he is 2-22 as a HC and it can be argued that by being the beneficiary of a 6 turn over game that was the last nail in the coach Strong coffin that he has actually did far more to improve the win total for Texas next year than he has actually done for the win total at KU

I Like DB and would like to see him succeed and earn another raise and extension though I have my doubts that will happen with the current staff in place (OC/DC)

I am a KU fan so in the end I want to see a competitive team on the field every saturday wether that team is lead by DB or his replacement
Pretty much agree. Not much success on the field so far and if he goes year three the same, out with the old boss and in with the new boss...

#2012720 - 12/21/16 04:33 PM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: HawksFB]
Channel_Surfer Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: OP Kansas
I'm fine with it, we lost the dead weight of the remainder of Chaz's contract so we had some $$$ to work with. Anyone who doesn't think this team showed improvement this year over the past is a blind fool. I think we're going to surprise some folks next year.

The D was vastly improved (when your offense does you no favors its hard to win games) and the strength and speed has definitely been kicked up a notch.

DB earned the raise and the extension. I've decided to just skip over every single one of KUCOs comments. I can't read any more bashing from a guy who expects 1 year turnarounds on a program that at one point had 4 O-Line men, 4! I think we all need to accept the fact that Charlie didn't just run this program into the ground, he blew it up and pissed on the ashes.

Give the man time, I don't think any one of us thought this was anything less than a 3 year project at minimum.

#2012721 - 12/21/16 05:04 PM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: HawksFB]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Hey is this the "one year turnaround"? Then I expect better in year two of 2019. You are a troll of extreme measures IMO. Yes continue to blame Weis as that masks your inane idea of d. Defense will be uneven next year. Too many seniors leaving.

I too avoid your ten posts you put out yearly.

Next year is year 3 dude.

Yes I would give $1.6m for two wins two years.

#2012726 - 12/21/16 06:06 PM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: HawksFB]
58hawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
I've decided to just skip over every single one of KUCOs comments.

That's a wise move.

#2012733 - 12/21/16 06:16 PM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
I've decided to just skip over every single one of KUCOs comments.

That's a wise move.
You liar!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview