Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2012374 - 12/12/16 06:49 PM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: HawksFB]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Fuzzy's Taco Shop
Also interesting:

Jesse Newell ‏@jessenewell
From contract, it appears KU owes Beaty $3 million if it fires him without cause.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2012375 - 12/12/16 07:01 PM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: HawksFB]
casey Offline
hello

Loc: elsewhere
This contract is a giant FU to the next Chancellor.

#2012377 - 12/12/16 07:38 PM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: HawksFB]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
My question is have we given raises to the asst's. We need to keep them this year.

#2012379 - 12/12/16 08:05 PM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: bigdogjac]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
My question is have we given raises to the asst's. We need to keep them this year.
Our staff is all about Beaty now, so screw keeping the asses.

#2012380 - 12/12/16 08:56 PM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: dgless21]
calvink Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: illinois
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Dan WolkenVerified account @DanWolken
Not sure if this why he got the extension at KU, but there was at least preliminary interest in Beaty as Herman’s OC at Texas, I’m told.

This is interesting. Beaty was the WR coach under Herman at Rice his first year.

This would be laughable except I think you're serious. Herman already hired the OC from Rutgers who worked for him as an assistant at prior jobs.

#2012381 - 12/12/16 09:07 PM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: dgless21]
calvink Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: illinois
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Also interesting:

Jesse Newell ‏@jessenewell
From contract, it appears KU owes Beaty $3 million if it fires him without cause.

The "cause" will be not enough wins.

#2012383 - 12/12/16 10:26 PM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: HawksFB]
PbBut Online   content
Lawrence Legend

Loc: 66227
I have no problem with any of this except the buyout portion of all this.

It's like we're saying: "I know we're not good at football, but if you win you'll get rewarded, and if you lose, you'll get rewarded because t's not really your fault, but ours."

How these agents can sit through these meetings without laughing out loud is a testament to their strength.

#2012385 - 12/13/16 12:34 AM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: HawksFB]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
I don't get this at all. He has made some improvements but had NOT earned an extension or a raise doubling his pay. Besides you pay someone because you are concerned he is going to go elsewhere. No team would hire Beatty away from the Jayhawks.

#2012386 - 12/13/16 07:47 AM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: HawksFB]
jayhawkfan0710 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Southeast Kansas
I like the extension and pay raise. Signs of progress need to be rewarded. Even if the progress only resulted in a couple wins. Beaty is improving the program and needs to be compensated for his hard work. Rock Chalk!

#2012388 - 12/13/16 08:28 AM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: jayhawkfan0710
I like the extension and pay raise. Signs of progress need to be rewarded. Even if the progress only resulted in a couple wins. Beaty is improving the program and needs to be compensated for his hard work. Rock Chalk!
You are in the minority. I understand all HS coaches feel like they deserve $1.6M for just participation...

#2012389 - 12/13/16 08:30 AM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas

Agreed. It's a valuable tool in recruiting. No doubt the competition was telling recruits KU fires their coaches after 2 or 3 years so Beaty wasn't going to be around. This fixes that and gives a recruit some confidence the head coach will be there all 4 years to keep building the program.

#2012390 - 12/13/16 08:35 AM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: track]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: track

Agreed. It's a valuable tool in recruiting. No doubt the competition was telling recruits KU fires their coaches after 2 or 3 years so Beaty wasn't going to be around. This fixes that and gives a recruit some confidence the head coach will be there all 4 years to keep building the program.
Lol. We just lost one yesterday. It's all about the money with Zenger.

#2012393 - 12/13/16 09:17 AM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: KUCO_VOC]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC

Lol. We just lost one yesterday. It's all about the money with Zenger.

You have lost all credibility on this message board. ...every one on the board knows your shtick. As the program improves each year you will be dragged along kicking and screaming....it going to be fun to watch.

#2012394 - 12/13/16 09:19 AM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: HawksFB]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
i'll just say that this seems reasonable, the extension plus a significant salary bump. one can debate the amount. but coach beaty has clearly improved the quality of athletes at ku and the play as well. plus, he's an excellent face for the program and school. good for him.

#2012395 - 12/13/16 09:32 AM Re: Beaty Gets Extension Tonight [Re: track]
Magicman Offline
Prairie Warrior

I like the extension and pay raise, too. I think Beaty and staff are working hard and doing things the right way. My only disappointment in this move, is that, I thought KUCO would be so distraught that he would finally leave the football board for good. I guess it didn't happen. I realize that you enjoy stirring the pot and getting a rise out of people, but it gets old after a while. If you're not a KU football fan, stay on your basketball bandwagon, and leave this board to the Jayhawk fans and Alum that enjoy intelligent conversation. I think we all know the state of the football program and don't need all your whining and negativity.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview