Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#20076 - 01/05/07 10:06 PM Missoura [censored] by Fambrough (too bad for them)...
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...

#20077 - 01/05/07 11:21 PM Re: Missoura [censored] by Fambrough (too bad for them)... [Re: brando]
ICECOLD Offline
Prairie Warrior

Reading two of the LJ World comments, I am ashamed I once lived in Lawrence. Coach Fam at least deserves a road. If the liberal/hippie/PC Correct folks can't respect a staple of not only of Lawrence, but a figure in KU Sports History, I am greatly disappointed. And they should read the history books, because Kansas is better than Missouri (note to those to disagree: it's true).

#20078 - 01/06/07 09:19 AM Re: Missoura [censored] by Fambrough (too bad for them)... [Re: ICECOLD]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Korova Milkbar
Quote:

And they should read the history books, because Kansas is better than Missouri (note to those to disagree: it's true).

Higher median income, home values and educational levels. But they do have firework stands, XXX emporiums and walnut bowl factory outlets.

#20079 - 01/06/07 09:42 AM Re: Missoura [censored] by Fambrough (too bad for them)... [Re: RManFlint]
Hawk1990 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Shawnee, KS
And, of course, it's the pothole capital of North America. Pity they don't have any remaining billboard space available to advertise that achievement; it's all taken by ads for the aforementioned firework stands and XXX emporiums, not to mention head injury clinics.

#20080 - 01/06/07 09:55 AM Re: Missoura [censored] by Fambrough (too bad for them)... [Re: Hawk1990]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Korova Milkbar
Quote:

And, of course, it's the pothole capital of North America. Pity they don't have any remaining billboard space available to advertise that achievement; it's all taken by ads for the aforementioned firework stands and XXX emporiums, not to mention head injury clinics.

mizzuruh was recently rated by a truckdrivers' poll as having the third worst roads in the country. I was unaware that Bangladesh and Sierra Leone had joined the union.

#20081 - 01/06/07 11:10 AM Re: Missoura [censored] by Fambrough (too bad for them)... [Re: RManFlint]
1985hawk Offline
Moderator-Retired

Loc: Back here
Its all the moonshine in Missouri. The roads were designed for drunk drivers! I came back from Iowa last week and had a stop in Sedalia. I swear there is not a straight section of road in that whole state! It is all curving to match someone falling asleep and jerking the wheel.

#20082 - 01/07/07 01:55 AM Re: Missoura [censored] by Fambrough (too bad for them)... [Re: 1985hawk]
doubleJ25 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Having lived here I've often said the only good thing about Missouri is St. Louis. And my suggestion to that is that we dig a huge trench to the west of the city, thus re-routing the Mississippi and become part of Illinois. It'll never happen but I can dream lol

Preview