Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2010741 - 10/12/16 09:36 AM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
You are not crazy. .but KU is not going 40-0. Heck we might start 0-2. I would be happy with a 38-2 or a 37-3 record. Just win the last game and color me pink errrr crimson and blue.

#2010742 - 10/12/16 10:23 AM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I agree that winning the last game is the bottom line, but that last game being the 40th win would be one for the ages. Improbable? Probably. Impossible? NO!

Edited by Jayhawk1952 (10/12/16 10:24 AM)

#2010743 - 10/12/16 11:08 AM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I think it will be done, Wichita St started 35-0, we made it to 38-0. The players did say that besides the FF pressure, the thought of going for 40 starts mounting. Either a super talents team or s very experienced team with added talent. Y'all got those going for you. So much can go wrong, a hot team or a few bad calls can ruin it. It will be done though. dUKe has mega talent and depth but they are not going through that ACC without a loss. If they do crown them.

#2010744 - 10/12/16 11:16 AM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

KYBB, the more I read your comments the more I like you. You make a lot of sense, certainly more than some of our own posters. Unlike a few others, I welcome you to this board anytime you want to make a comment. I have no doubt that trying to run the table puts a lot of pressure on a team which not only makes it more difficult but adds to the accomplishment.

Edited by Jayhawk1952 (10/12/16 11:19 AM)

#2010745 - 10/12/16 11:21 AM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I think going 40-0 would be a greater accomplishment than winning the National Title, which of course would be part of it.

#2010746 - 10/12/16 12:18 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Some team, some time will go 40-0. But it will not be KANSAS this season. For no other reason than we stink in the Champions Classic. So until we get away from the Champions classic........

#2010749 - 10/12/16 01:51 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
KYBB, the more I read your comments the more I like you. You make a lot of sense, certainly more than some of our own posters. Unlike a few others, I welcome you to this board anytime you want to make a comment. I have no doubt that trying to run the table puts a lot of pressure on a team which not only makes it more difficult but adds to the accomplishment.

Thank you. Yea, some were pretty rough on me. Thanks a lot.

#2010750 - 10/12/16 03:10 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: KYBLUEBLOOD
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952

Thank you. Yea, some were pretty rough on me. Thanks a lot.

I remember one in particular that really jumped on you, BUT he has done the same to me and to a lot of others. I don't think he's very well liked on this board. I'm not going to honor him by mentioning his name.

#2010751 - 10/12/16 03:27 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

You better not be referring to me sucka...oh wait I am well liked...nevermind..

#2010752 - 10/12/16 03:29 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: MICHHAWK]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
Some team, some time will go 40-0. But it will not be KANSAS this season. For no other reason than we stink in the Champions Classic. So until we get away from the Champions classic........

You well may be correct. But then again you may be totally off base. I've not said we'll go 40-0 this year, only speculated that there is a possibility. You are absolutely stating that we can't and won't go 40-0. What we've done in the Champions Classic or in any other avenue in the past is not an indication of what we will do this year. Each year is a season to itself. There is even no guarantee that we will win the Big 12 championship this year just because we've done so the past 12 years. But I do expect us to win it again to make it 13 and tie UCLA for the record of conference championships. Then I would want one more to have the record to ourselves. I still believe that it is within the realm of possibility that we will go 40-0 this year. I believe our guys should think they can and make it their goal. Jackson has certainly stated that he believes it. Only time will tell if it happens. Some years that goal is more realistic than in other years. I believe this is one of those years that it is more realistic. It would have happened in '08 if we hadn't lost three conference games that we shouldn't. But those things happen, that's why 40-0 is an elusive goal, but it can and will happen some day. So, why not this year? I'll dream until and if we lose.

#2010753 - 10/12/16 04:14 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I think if you beat dUKe you have a chance. Now if they stay healthy if K plays the Giles and they have Bolden playing well, they own the Middle and could be very very good. My thoughts on Giles is he should get healthy and sit, 3 knee operations. Wait on the draft, before this injury he was #1 on draft boards. Risk another injury and lose millions. We'll see if K is more about player or dUKe. Kansas along with dUKe are the top 2.

I can't remember any particular one, there were many and each outdoing one another as far as being jerks. There were a couple ok. The way I saw it was no way people like that represent Kansas or KU people. I got a lot though. Private messages too that were
not suited for an ISIS member.

#2010763 - 10/12/16 11:41 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: KYBLUEBLOOD]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: KYBLUEBLOOD
I think if you beat dUKe you have a chance. Now if they stay healthy if K plays the Giles and they have Bolden playing well, they own the Middle and could be very very good. My thoughts on Giles is he should get healthy and sit, 3 knee operations. Wait on the draft, before this injury he was #1 on draft boards. Risk another injury and lose millions. We'll see if K is more about player or dUKe. Kansas along with dUKe are the top 2.

I can't remember any particular one, there were many and each outdoing one another as far as being jerks. There were a couple ok. The way I saw it was no way people like that represent Kansas or KU people. I got a lot though. Private messages too that were
not suited for an ISIS member.

I'm sorry that you have been treated that way, but the one I'm referring to had some pretty bad things to say to me and I know he did you no favors. I am excited about the new season. Of course I'm excited every year and always am hoping for good things to happen. But now entering my 65th season as a Jayhawk fan I realize that it doesn't always turn out as well as I hope, but sometimes it's even better than I hoped. Good luck to your Wildcats, just as long as they don't beat us. smile

#2010767 - 10/13/16 09:21 AM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Again I hope you're not referring to me 52. Because I have been nothing but but nice to both you and ky. Sure I occasionally tease the both of you.

I too am excited for this version of Jayhawk hoops. But I hope Self can evolve and get over his one fallacy he repeats on a yearly basis. Thats the fallacy to play the senior player with average to good talent over the new recruit with superior athletic talent.

Again like Lucas over Diallo last season. Sure the tried and proven method got that team to an Elite 8. But who is to say if Diallo got enough on court playing time that last years team could have won it all. Of course Landon is going to get the majority of the game minutes early on at the 5.

But will Bill give Udoka his fair share.of real game minutes necessary to unleash his massive potential. I heard the guy a beast in practice and that scrimmage game a month or so ago. Hopefully this season's team gets to the promised land of a 4th NCAA National Championship. Because I hate to see our beloved Jayhawks trailing teams like Connecticut in that category. Rock Chalk ya muthas.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (10/13/16 09:22 AM)

#2010772 - 10/13/16 01:17 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
KYBLUEBLOOD Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Thanks 1952, that's a lot of years to support your team .
PHOH is a good guy too. I remember Lobster was about the only other that's wasn't in attack mode all the time.

Larry Brown is in Lexington as I type, Cal giving a press conference I hope Larry sticks around for Madness tomorrow night.Cal said we may start 4 freshmen so it will take awhile, if they do gell. Fox and Adebayo are Wall-Cousins light. Not as good as those two but very close. I'm hoping he creates a position for Larry if he could get it approved. Kenny Payne is making 750k this year as assistant, not sure Larry would do it for that but I'm sure he doesn't need money badly either.

I do hope Self plays the stud freshman at least enough to be ready to go in March. Diallo had 12 points 7 rebounds for the Pelicans in about 20-25 minutes. Sometimes you need that crazy athleticism to get that board once you go deep in tourney, we will never know if Diallo could have or not.

Beat dUKe, and you could be undefeated coming to Rupp. We will still be very young and who knows what they will be. Overrated right now, never played a game for 6 of them, 5 who will have to contribute. I would have them about 15 to start.

Edited by KYBLUEBLOOD (10/13/16 01:42 PM)

#2010773 - 10/13/16 01:46 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Again I hope you're not referring to me 52. Because I have been nothing but but nice to both you and ky. Sure I occasionally tease the both of you.

I too am excited for this version of Jayhawk hoops. But I hope Self can evolve and get over his one fallacy he repeats on a yearly basis. Thats the fallacy to play the senior player with average to good talent over the new recruit with superior athletic talent.

Again like Lucas over Diallo last season. Sure the tried and proven method got that team to an Elite 8. But who is to say if Diallo got enough on court playing time that last years team could have won it all. Of course Landon is going to get the majority of the game minutes early on at the 5.

But will Bill give Udoka his fair share.of real game minutes necessary to unleash his massive potential. I heard the guy a beast in practice and that scrimmage game a month or so ago. Hopefully this season's team gets to the promised land of a 4th NCAA National Championship. Because I hate to see our beloved Jayhawks trailing teams like Connecticut in that category. Rock Chalk ya muthas.

Good grief no Phog! I'm referring to someone who I don't think is even a Jayhawk fan and has nothing good to say to anyone or about anyone except himself.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview