Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2005968 - 04/12/16 12:34 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
But that still doesn't mean he would rank 2nd best under Bill at Kansas if the others I mentioned stayed.

I don't deal in "ifs." I live in reality. Come join us in reality sometime.

#2005969 - 04/12/16 12:36 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: nusch]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: nusch
Perry is just a slightly better version of Wayne Semien. Kansas dudes, good kids, sturdy hawks.

This is the first time I have ever heard someone try to use "slightly better than WS" as a slam.

Good work d(n)oosh.

#2005971 - 04/12/16 02:52 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

DMan stayed in school for 4 years. DMan holds our scoring title. Do you think we should put an asterisk(*) next to his name in the record books because he stayed in school for 4 years.

#2005972 - 04/12/16 02:55 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: MICHHAWK]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
But that still doesn't mean he would rank 2nd best under Bill at Kansas if the others I mentioned stayed.

I don't deal in "ifs." I live in reality. Come join us in reality sometime.

Yeah a boring mundane reality. But hey let's get those solid Kansas kids that stay 4 years ...win a few more B12 Titles but never make another Final 4....Yeehaw.

#2005973 - 04/12/16 02:55 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: JimWest]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: JimWest

PE is the second greatest JAYHAWK of the HCBS era.

Has to be at least in the conversation when putting together a list of ALL TIME GREAT JAYHAWKS.

0 Final Fours

Not that great.

You can go ahead and lay that blame with the long list of OAD's PE had to play alongside.

#2005974 - 04/12/16 02:59 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Lol...yeah that's right.

#2005975 - 04/12/16 03:01 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: PHOGUSHER]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Yeah a boring mundane reality. But hey let's get those solid Kansas kids that stay 4 years ...win a few more B12 Titles but never make another Final 4....Yeehaw.

Are you suggesting that in hindsight we should not have recruited PE? Is that what you are suggesting?

#2005976 - 04/12/16 03:10 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

No I will. type real slow so you can follow. All I am saying is Perry is not one of KU's top 10 all time greats. He might be Bill's 2nd or 3rd best but Kansas basketball predates his era bigtime. If Bill could recruit 5 Perry Ellis type players at the same time would probably get to a Final 4 every 4 years but would not win the Big 12 every year and might miss the tournament 2 of that 4 year span.

Once Bill went the one and done route he got stuck in that vicious cycle..He has to keep doing it to give Kansas a shot to win it all every year. Recruiting 5 Perrys at once would make that impossible. Seems your real complaint should be taken up with Self..He is the one that started recruiting the OADs..I don't recall Roi ever doing that at Kansas.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (04/12/16 03:11 PM)

#2005977 - 04/12/16 04:04 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: MICHHAWK]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
You must be a millennial. Only a millennial would punish a youngster for staying in school 4 years, getting his degree, hard working all the way up to top 10 all time in scoring and rebounding.

You millennials are going to be the death of us. I wonder if it was the millennials that caused the fall of rome.
+1

#2005984 - 04/12/16 04:50 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Man it must be a weird day. We get JJ and all the haters come out. Hating each other that is on the board.

#2005988 - 04/12/16 06:04 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

No one is hating ya sorry sucka...lol. You guys are way too sensitive over here. But I will try to treat you all better. Didn't realize that stating in my opinion that Ellis isn't one of the best Jayhawk ballers ever was hating.

#2005990 - 04/12/16 09:32 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
WOW! What a player and student PE was in his 4 years. I really enjoyed watching him get better every year. But, I wouldn't put him in the top 10. No doubt he will be considered one of our top players, just not sure where he will fall. The more I think of great KU players the further he falls down that list, I do think we will miss him, but BS will do as KU has always done, reload.

#2005993 - 04/12/16 10:05 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
Original AFH Gangsta

Now you're a hater also big dog. .

#2005998 - 04/12/16 11:22 PM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: Jayhawk1952]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
40-0 ain't gonna happen, but already CAN'T WAIT for KU b-ball to start up again.

GREAT to hear Svi is coming back.

As for Ellis, I got nothing bad to say about him. Great kid. Great player. But his personality and style of play was quiet. Not making a Final Four doesn't help, though he can't be faulted for that.

In HCBS's era, I first think of Sherron, Mario, Tyshawn, Withey and T-Rob. Not that they're all better KU players than Perry, but I guess I felt more emotionally tied to them, for whatever reason.

Ellis' consistency is gonna be VERY hard to replace next year...probably the biggest concern going into next year.

* * Forgot to add Kevin Young...what a fun player to watch was he. Same for Russ Rob, Tyrell and Morningstar. And EJ at times.

#2006000 - 04/13/16 12:22 AM Re: The First To Go 40-0? [Re: casey]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: casey
LOL

This has primarily been the response of anyone who has responded directly to the original post. The basic response is that it can never happen. I didn't say in my original post that it would happen. I think that the probability is quite low. But it is going to happen some year by some team. We might as well hope that it will be our Jayhawks and however slim it might be, there is a possibility that it might happen this next year. What is wrong with dreaming or hoping? I look forward to the possibility each year that we will win the national championship.

I've been a fan for 63 years, so in a sense I've been disappointed 61 times. I just missed the 1952 championship by a few months as a fan. Having said that, I'm still a happy Jayhawk fan. It's been a bumpy ride a few times, especially during the days of Dick Harp and Ted Owens. They had some really good teams and some not so good. During their 27 seasons we had a total of 6 losing seasons. We've not had a losing season since. The closest we came was Roy's first year at 19-12, That's the only season we've had less than 22 wins during the Brown, Williams and Self era, a span of 33 seasons (Only 6 losing seasons in 60 years!).

I've seen a few really great players and a whole lot of really good players during my years as a fan. The number of really good players far exceeds 10 and it is really hard to try and list them in an order. I think Ellis is on that list of really good players. We will miss him. But we continuously get really good players. I'm hoping for a national championship next year and I'm dreaming of a 40-0 record. It's not impossible. It will happen some day. Why not by the Jayhawks, if not next year, then the next year, etc.

Good grief, very few teams have the hope or potential that we have year after year after year. If we are going to dream at all, let's dream big. Most of the posters on here are basically positive. But there's a small few who are really down in the mouth posters. They irritate me. They have the right to post as such, but they're not very good Jayhawk fans. And yes, I understand that some years we are better than other years. So if you want to knock my dreams and hopes, go ahead and do so, that's your right. But I'm going to smile at you and continue to enjoy my Jayhawks. smile

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Preview