Page 96 of 96 < 1 2 ... 94 95 96
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2014193 - 02/02/17 09:36 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
tentbobert15 Offline
Baby Jay

I have seen no indication that Travis Jordan is actually part of the KU signing class. Phog and Slant confirmed through Jordan, but no acknowledgement (even favoriting tweets) from Beaty, Hull, Kansas Football. The KU site doesn't have it either. Did he save himself some initial embarrassment and sign? What's the deal?

#2014194 - 02/02/17 09:59 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: tentbobert15]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Wendy's Free Wifi
Originally Posted By: tentbobert15
I have seen no indication that Travis Jordan is actually part of the KU signing class. Phog and Slant confirmed through Jordan, but no acknowledgement (even favoriting tweets) from Beaty, Hull, Kansas Football. The KU site doesn't have it either. Did he save himself some initial embarrassment and sign? What's the deal?

He posted pictures of himself signing with KU on twitter, but I believe his ceremony was at 2 or 3 PM central time.

If they didn't get his fax until after the Beaty press conference, Beaty wouldn't have been allowed to discuss him. KU also wouldn't put him on the info they handed out (at the happy hour/tour) because it was the same info handed out to the press when they came for that conference.

I am somewhat surprised that the site hasn't been updated yet though.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2014199 - 02/02/17 11:33 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: dgless21]
tentbobert15 Offline
Baby Jay

But you would think that Hull, Beaty or Kansas Football would go out of their way to acknowledge his commitment by now, right? Wasn't able to be part of any of the festivities yesterday, and no attempt to include him today? They've RT'd a lot of signing day pictures from everyone (even walk ons) except for Jordan? Not even a favorite by any of them? No proactive attempt to get him on the site nearly 24 hours after signing? Every staff member and account has been quiet, the website is still quiet. Tony Hull even favorited Brad Stewart's signing day with Florida. I'm honestly wondering if there's more to this than we know.

#2014201 - 02/02/17 01:05 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: tentbobert15]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Yes, there's more to this than we the public know. Per NCAA rules KU and the KU coaches still can't talk about him.

He'll get here this summer though and then they'll be able to talk about him. He's 100% committed to KU still.

At least, if the information I heard was accurate this is how it will go down.

#2014202 - 02/02/17 01:26 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Yes, there's more to this than we the public know. Per NCAA rules KU and the KU coaches still can't talk about him.

He'll get here this summer though and then they'll be able to talk about him. He's 100% committed to KU still.

At least, if the information I heard was accurate this is how it will go down.

Just a wild guess here but the Mathews commitment meant they were one over the limit, didn't it? Jordan was the last to sign so he was the odd one out. Now KU is using some obscure rules to get Jordan in. Just a wild guess like I said.

#2014208 - 02/02/17 03:35 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: EstebanBugatti]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Not quite.

Heard the deal with Jordan was worked out before yesterday, and KU isn't really using any obscure rule.

I also think KU actually has 1 more scholarship to use right now if someone pops up on their radar over the summer, else they'll use it in the 2018 class.

#2014212 - 02/02/17 04:07 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Not quite.

Heard the deal with Jordan was worked out before yesterday, and KU isn't really using any obscure rule.

I also think KU actually has 1 more scholarship to use right now if someone pops up on their radar over the summer, else they'll use it in the 2018 class.

So what could possibly be the problem then?

#2014226 - 02/02/17 06:56 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: EstebanBugatti]
pizzanbeer Offline
Pure Jayhawk

It looks like the same thing they did with Malik Clark last year. I think one of the rules for blue shirts is that the coaches can't talk about them now.

Edited by pizzanbeer (02/02/17 07:03 PM)

Page 96 of 96 < 1 2 ... 94 95 96

Preview