Page 95 of 96 < 1 2 ... 93 94 95 96 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2014149 - 02/01/17 04:17 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: dgless21
Octavious Matthews is on board. Wooooo!

#1 JUCO RB.
I see a 9th best rated Juco running back so somehow that translates to #1!! Go hawks.

That guy seems to decommit a whole bunch also.

#2014150 - 02/01/17 04:28 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: kylecof11]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: kylecof11
Looking at the videos that have been posted today of the coaching staff in the office, even further confirms my belief that Beaty was the right guy for this program when he was hired. Sure it's been rough, results-wise, but hearing a 40-something year old Beaty yell at a HS RB (Williams) "WHAT UP DAWG!?" and "That's my DAWG!" is perfect for this program.

This entire recruiting process is right in Beaty's wheelhouse. Now that he has Meacham running the offense, he is able to spend more time on what he does best, which is recruiting and relating to 20 year olds to make them compete and battle for all workouts, practices and games.
So Beaty is a buddy a cheerleader not a coach? Confused

#2014151 - 02/01/17 04:32 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: appyhawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: appyhawk
This is turning into a very exciting day for KUFBall.
DB and the staff appear to have done a standout job putting together what looks to be a class with some genuine "WOW" factor.
One never knows how juco etc recruits success will translate to Big12/FB1 level, but on paper this class, combined with our returning talent, would seem to offer the potential to make dramatic changes in KU football fortunes.
It certainly is exhilarating to see the positive momentum our football program is building.
I don't see "dramatic" but a class on paper that is going to be better than year 1 or 2. Now let's see if we can coach...

#2014153 - 02/01/17 04:46 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: KUCO_VOC]
EstebanBugatti Offline
Prairie Warrior

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC

#1 JUCO RB.
I see a 9th best rated Juco running back so somehow that translates to #1!! Go hawks.

ESPN has him as the #1 Juco RB.

Edited by EstebanBugatti (02/01/17 04:47 PM)

#2014154 - 02/01/17 05:06 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: EstebanBugatti]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti

#1 JUCO RB.

Blecherreport.com? Has him a niner?

#2014159 - 02/01/17 06:01 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Phog1004 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KC
Originally Posted By: EstebanBugatti

#1 JUCO RB.

Blecherreport.com? Has him a niner?

hmmmm....

ESPN = #1 RB
247 = #1 Ath
Scout = #1 RB
Gridiron Now = #1 RB

Yeah, I'd probably pick the one outlier, BleacherReport, if I were wanting to discredit any good news too....

Then again, if I decided re-read the BR article, I'd notice it calls him the 9th best overall JUCO recruit, and not the 9th best RB. And then I might click on the link in the BR article, and see that it links to Scout, which also shows him as the #1 RB.

Wow, problem solved guys. HUGE misunderstanding by KUCO, I'm sure....

#2014161 - 02/01/17 06:37 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: appyhawk
This is turning into a very exciting day for KUFBall.
DB and the staff appear to have done a standout job putting together what looks to be a class with some genuine "WOW" factor.
One never knows how juco etc recruits success will translate to Big12/FB1 level, but on paper this class, combined with our returning talent, would seem to offer the potential to make dramatic changes in KU football fortunes.
It certainly is exhilarating to see the positive momentum our football program is building.
I don't see "dramatic" but a class on paper that is going to be better than year 1 or 2. Now let's see if we can coach...
Which is it? The talent or the coach? You seem to tap dance on one criteria when you can't prove the other.

#2014165 - 02/01/17 08:12 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: KUCO_VOC]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.

#1 JUCO RB.

Rivals shows him 1. 247 shows him 1. Scout shows him 1. ESPN shows him 1. Thanks for playing.

Can't decommit from his LOI unless he transfers and sits out a year, so I'm not concerned.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2014168 - 02/01/17 09:06 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

#2014175 - 02/01/17 11:16 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Right now KU's class is ranked #55 in the nation and #9 in the Big 12 according to Rivals.

That of course, doesn't include 3 of the 4 top rated recruits who's scholarships actually count towards this class, so just because I know how a certain poster loves to see this, here's how KU's class would actually rank if you counted those guys.

KU's class would be #31 nationally and #2 in the Big 12(again according to Rivals) if you include Baldwin, Charlot, Lee, and Evans, all of whom counted towards the 2017 class.

#2014176 - 02/01/17 11:28 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I also noticed Aqib Talib and Bradley McDougald were retweeting KU football tweets and tweeting about our recruits and recruiting class. Gotta love it! The NFL Jayhawks showing some love and positivity towards our newest Jayhawks!

#2014177 - 02/01/17 11:38 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
Happy Birthday bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
I love football recruiting season, that is when we get to hear from K_Man the most!

#2014179 - 02/01/17 11:44 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

LOL!

Glad you like hearing from me. The family says I talk too much! haha

KU put out another awesome short video on twitter. I recommend checking it out if you wanna get pumped up some more.

Twitter video

You got 15 more minutes to get your loyalty pricing for tickets for this season! David Lawrence was even pimping it on the radio in the car on the way home from the GREAT bball game tonight!

Coach said season ticket sales are way up over last year to date and there were over 400 fans who took part in the football complex tour today. Let's keep this momentum rolling and enjoy the W's coming this season!

#2014183 - 02/02/17 07:06 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

#1 JUCO RB.

Rivals shows him 1. 247 shows him 1. Scout shows him 1. ESPN shows him 1. Thanks for playing.

Can't decommit from his LOI unless he transfers and sits out a year, so I'm not concerned.
My bad but Matthews has been a newcomer on the radar. At least he signed a LOI!

#2014186 - 02/02/17 08:09 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Coach said season ticket sales are way up over last year to date and there were over 400 fans who took part in the football complex tour today. Let's keep this momentum rolling and enjoy the W's coming this season!

I was somewhat surprised by how many people were there. I'm sure it helped that many were heading straight to basketball from Anderson.

The place looked good.

Looks much less arcade-ish in person--the video somewhat gave me that impression. Saw it in person in 2010--looks much nicer and more thoughtfully arranged.

Will be interested in seeing the locker screens once they've got them programmed and ready for major use. Last night was mainly just the waving wheat and a KU football image on the screen.

Jeff Jordan made it sound like Zenger had hired the planning/fundraising person for the stadium. He also mentioned the apartments would be ready for spring 2018.

Page 95 of 96 < 1 2 ... 93 94 95 96 >

Preview