Page 94 of 96 < 1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2014129 - 02/01/17 09:03 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Wendy's Free Wifi

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2014130 - 02/01/17 09:04 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Topcitykid10]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Topcitykid10
Originally Posted By: SPHawks
Will HC DB have a presser tomorrow to talk about the signees like he did when the JUCOs signed? If so, do we know a time? Thanks!

Pretty sure at 1
Yeah, you're right. The press conference is officially scheduled to begin at 1PM now, right after the 2 hours of live signing day coverage stuff.

#2014131 - 02/01/17 09:06 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

You might correct your post Kman. It says "1AM to PM" instead of 11 AM to 1 PM

#2014133 - 02/01/17 09:15 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: dgless21]
Kman_blue Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Dang this keyboard! The upper left side sometimes cuts out on me and didn't notice.

Thanks for the catch!

#2014134 - 02/01/17 11:09 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Octavious Matthews is on board. Wooooo!

#1 JUCO RB.

#2014135 - 02/01/17 11:23 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
HawksFB Offline
Junior Jayhawk

#2014136 - 02/01/17 11:25 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: dgless21]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: dgless21

#1 JUCO RB.
2017 class? Because I thought we signed only 1 JUCO and that was the guy from Highland.

#2014139 - 02/01/17 11:46 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: 58hawk]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Originally Posted By: 58hawk

#1 JUCO RB.
2017 class? Because I thought we signed only 1 JUCO and that was the guy from Highland.

Yes, 2017. Matthews hadn't announced until today (an hour ago or so).

Antonio Cole (from Highland) is still expected to be on board.

#2014140 - 02/01/17 11:47 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
This is turning into a very exciting day for KUFBall.
DB and the staff appear to have done a standout job putting together what looks to be a class with some genuine "WOW" factor.
One never knows how juco etc recruits success will translate to Big12/FB1 level, but on paper this class, combined with our returning talent, would seem to offer the potential to make dramatic changes in KU football fortunes.
It certainly is exhilarating to see the positive momentum our football program is building.

www.cappersoverlay.com

#2014141 - 02/01/17 12:18 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
kylecof11 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Looking at the videos that have been posted today of the coaching staff in the office, even further confirms my belief that Beaty was the right guy for this program when he was hired. Sure it's been rough, results-wise, but hearing a 40-something year old Beaty yell at a HS RB (Williams) "WHAT UP DAWG!?" and "That's my DAWG!" is perfect for this program.

This entire recruiting process is right in Beaty's wheelhouse. Now that he has Meacham running the offense, he is able to spend more time on what he does best, which is recruiting and relating to 20 year olds to make them compete and battle for all workouts, practices and games.

#2014142 - 02/01/17 12:22 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: appyhawk]
Magicman Offline
Prairie Warrior

I agree! Great job by the staff! I'm looking forward to seeing what Charlot, Baldwin, and the rest of the red shirts bring to the table. I'm ready for spring ball!

#2014143 - 02/01/17 12:53 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: dgless21]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land

#1 JUCO RB.

I doubt that ranking came from a reliable analyst. I wonder if his scholarship offer may have been pulled as well. Looks like a lineback to me, and not running back.
Octavious Matthews

Dominic Williams looks like the RB promised with playing time, assuming he signs his LOI for Kansas.

Kansas lost out on 3 players from the state who are bound out of Big 12.
Kansas Prospects

#2014144 - 02/01/17 01:01 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: dgless21]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Jack Williams another walk-on.
Argyle, TX.
6'3" 270.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4433831/jack-williams

Looks good physically. We'll see how he does against better players.

#2014145 - 02/01/17 01:09 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: dgless21]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

New walk-ons:
Cole Brungardt.
K/P from Lawrence. 6'5", 200.
https://www.hudl.com/profile/2957370/cole-brungardt

Sam Schroeder
RB/LB from Andover (Trinity Academy). 6' 225.
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4382711/sam-schroeder

Cole Brungardt has no problem kicking the out of the end zone, you only see small FG attempts, and the coach has this guy kicking squabs. Mkay.

#2014147 - 02/01/17 01:20 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
While the 2016 class may not be 100% complete with blueshirts, a few later walkons, etc. may still be announced this summer or fall, it's now officially the 2017 recruiting cycle, so let's get to it!

KU already has 3 commitments for the class of 2017 with the first one being,

Dominic Williams - A 5'9" 190lbs. 3 star RB out of Parish Episcopal HS in Round Rock, TX (Dallas Metro). He seems very committed to KU right now and has been actively trying to help recruit fellow DFW area 2017 recruits to KU from what I hear. He was at KU's Junior day a couple of weeks ago and is going to be at our next Junior day next month as well. He was the league MVP in his HS league last year and earned 1st team All-District honors both as a RB and as a DB. Like I said, this kid is a stud and the real deal.

Here's his Junior year highlight video. Kid is a stud and I wouldn't be surprised if he's a 4 star recruit when it's all said and done.

Next were the 2 OL who committed last weekend after they had both attended our Junior day the week before.

Jared Hocker - A big athletic OT out of Birdville HS in North Richland Hills, TX (DFW metro). He's 6'5" and 290lbs. already. He's currently unrated by the recruiting sites, but I'd guess he'll get an initial 3 star rating. He was 1st team All-District last year as a Junior. Kid looks the part of a D-1 P5 level OL right now as a Junior! He also, shows good athleticism to play at either OT or G at KU. He's gonna be a beast by the time he gets here.

Here's his Jr. year highlight video.

Grant Polley - A 6'5" 275lbs. OT out of Denton HS in Denton, TX. For those who may not know, Denton is just North of the DFW area. He committed right after Jared did and the reports were that they hit it off well at KU's Junior day a couple weeks ago and Jared's commitment played a role in Polley also committing to KU. He's also unrated by the recruiting sites right now, but again I'd expect him probably be a 3 star recruit in his initial rating. He earned 1st team Class 5A All-State honors in Texas last year and as we all know, that's a very tough thing to earn especially as a Junior.

Here's some of his Jr. year highlight videos.

All 3 of these commitments are legit D-1 P-5 guys IMHO. In fact, I think all 3 will be heavily recruited by other P-5 programs over the coming year. I'd even go as far as to say that I think they're 3 of the better commitments to KU over the past 3 years or so. All 3 seem to be very committed to KU right now and I really hope we can hang on to all 3. They're also some of the earliest commitments KU has gotten in a class since the recruiting websites have been tracking this kind of thing.

Kman_blue was right on about Dominic Williams becoming a 4 star player. Grant Polley and Jared Hocker decommitting when a better school comes around is why I don't get excited about KU football recruits until signing day.

Easy to see Rush having some issues that will lead to struggles with alcoholism. Jaron rush had an act of God interfere for the worst.

Page 94 of 96 < 1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 >

Preview