Page 1 of 81 1 2 3 ... 80 81 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2002019 - 02/05/16 04:43 AM Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
While the 2016 class may not be 100% complete with blueshirts, a few later walkons, etc. may still be announced this summer or fall, it's now officially the 2017 recruiting cycle, so let's get to it!

KU already has 3 commitments for the class of 2017 with the first one being,

Dominic Williams - A 5'9" 190lbs. 3 star RB out of Parish Episcopal HS in Round Rock, TX (Dallas Metro). He seems very committed to KU right now and has been actively trying to help recruit fellow DFW area 2017 recruits to KU from what I hear. He was at KU's Junior day a couple of weeks ago and is going to be at our next Junior day next month as well. He was the league MVP in his HS league last year and earned 1st team All-District honors both as a RB and as a DB. Like I said, this kid is a stud and the real deal.

Here's his Junior year highlight video. Kid is a stud and I wouldn't be surprised if he's a 4 star recruit when it's all said and done.

Next were the 2 OL who committed last weekend after they had both attended our Junior day the week before.

Jared Hocker - A big athletic OT out of Birdville HS in North Richland Hills, TX (DFW metro). He's 6'5" and 290lbs. already. He's currently unrated by the recruiting sites, but I'd guess he'll get an initial 3 star rating. He was 1st team All-District last year as a Junior. Kid looks the part of a D-1 P5 level OL right now as a Junior! He also, shows good athleticism to play at either OT or G at KU. He's gonna be a beast by the time he gets here.

Here's his Jr. year highlight video.

Grant Polley - A 6'5" 275lbs. OT out of Denton HS in Denton, TX. For those who may not know, Denton is just North of the DFW area. He committed right after Jared did and the reports were that they hit it off well at KU's Junior day a couple weeks ago and Jared's commitment played a role in Polley also committing to KU. He's also unrated by the recruiting sites right now, but again I'd expect him probably be a 3 star recruit in his initial rating. He earned 1st team Class 5A All-State honors in Texas last year and as we all know, that's a very tough thing to earn especially as a Junior.

Here's some of his Jr. year highlight videos.

All 3 of these commitments are legit D-1 P-5 guys IMHO. In fact, I think all 3 will be heavily recruited by other P-5 programs over the coming year. I'd even go as far as to say that I think they're 3 of the better commitments to KU over the past 3 years or so. All 3 seem to be very committed to KU right now and I really hope we can hang on to all 3. They're also some of the earliest commitments KU has gotten in a class since the recruiting websites have been tracking this kind of thing.

#2002026 - 02/05/16 09:46 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Wendy's Free Wifi
Mods, can we get this pinned?

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2002037 - 02/05/16 11:27 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
MNJAYHAWK418 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

I'll be interested to see if Beaty's (seemingly) close relationship with the head coach at Cedar Hill (McGuire?) will lead to any commits this year. They have multiple guys on their team who have already taken a visit together. Obviously Avery Davis is #1 on list but 5-6 other guys look like they have P5 offers/potential.

#2002041 - 02/05/16 11:35 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
n00sh Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

If the $$$ is right, McGuire will send his boys here. KU hasn't learned that same rules apply for fball as bball.

#2002052 - 02/05/16 12:45 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

As Dgless21 already posted in the 2016 thread,

Trevor Kent, a 6'4.5" 245lbs. TE/DE out of Pittsburg, KS received an official offer from KU earlier this week. KU is the first in-state school to offer him, though he already had a couple of out of state D-1 P5 offers. Most think he projects as a TE in college.

Here's his Junior year highlight video.

Both his dad and uncle played college ball at Pitt. State. In fact his uncle was the starting QB on 1 of their national title teams back in the 1990's. Not sure if he's leaning anywhere or not, but last summer he camped at ND, Arkansas, Minnesota, and Iowa St. Didn't camp at any in-state school. Maybe he's just checking around very early in the process as he may have already unofficially visited the in-state schools, but that's just speculation on my part.

#2002058 - 02/05/16 02:40 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: n00sh]
58hawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: n00sh
If the $$$ is right, McGuire will send his boys here. KU hasn't learned that same rules apply for fball as bball.
More of your nonsense.

#2002076 - 02/05/16 05:29 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
As Dgless21 already posted in the 2016 thread,

Trevor Kent, a 6'4.5" 245lbs. TE/DE out of Pittsburg, KS received an official offer from KU earlier this week. KU is the first in-state school to offer him, though he already had a couple of out of state D-1 P5 offers. Most think he projects as a TE in college.

Here's his Junior year highlight video.

Both his dad and uncle played college ball at Pitt. Setate. In fact his uncle was the starting QB on 1 of their national title teams back in the 1990's. Not sure if he's leaning anywhere or not, but last summer he camped at ND, Arkansas, Minnesota, and Iowa St. Didn't camp at any in-state school. Maybe he's just checking around very early in the process as he may have already unofficially visited the in-state schools, but that's just speculation on my part.
You make a Pitt State family sound like a major find. But c'mon...

#2002088 - 02/05/16 06:29 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
58hawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Would be great to get another Pittsburgh product. ala Kerry Meier.

#2002092 - 02/05/16 08:11 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Well there you go! We do not need a Pitt State guy. We will be huge losers.

You love losing.

#2002109 - 02/06/16 08:53 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC

You love losing.
FYI, Kerry didn't go to Pitt State and either did this guy.

#2002112 - 02/06/16 09:13 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: 58hawk]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

You love losing.
FYI it's Pittsburg Kansas, not Pittsburgh.

The family is a Pitt State family. From Pittsburg.

#2002119 - 02/06/16 10:36 AM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: KUCO_VOC]
58hawk Online   content
Wilt Chamberlain

You love losing.
FYI it's Pittsburg Kansas, not Pittsburgh.

The family is a Pitt State family. From Pittsburg.

But doesn't have anything to do with the players. They played high school ball there not college. You said we didn't need a Pitt State guy when its only their parents that attended the college.

#2002139 - 02/06/16 03:02 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You love losing.
I know you 2 love getting into your little pissing matches, but this statement by you is just beyond ridiculous.

This "Pitt State guy" already has offers from the Big 12, Big 10, SEC, and will probably get offers from some PAC-12 and ACC teams before his recruitment is over. Apparently they all, as well as KU, see something in the kid worthy of an official offer.

#2002141 - 02/06/16 03:26 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

58 - I started out saying exactly that about the guy. His extended family supports Pitt State. I slipped in the "guy" reference. You love Meier and think I said he attended some place other than KU. You are wrong.

Where is Pittsburgh? PA?

Edited by KUCO_VOC (02/06/16 03:30 PM)
Edit Reason: Can't spell it but love it

#2002142 - 02/06/16 03:44 PM Re: Recruiting Class 2017 News, Updates, etc [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

You love losing.
I know you 2 love getting into your little pissing matches, but this statement by you is just beyond ridiculous.

This "Pitt State guy" already has offers from the Big 12, Big 10, SEC, and will probably get offers from some PAC-12 and ACC teams before his recruitment is over. Apparently they all, as well as KU, see something in the kid worthy of an official offer.
247 today shows KU KSU ISU Michigan & Missouri offers. All cool. You pump air into these things

Page 1 of 81 1 2 3 ... 80 81 >

Preview