Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#19786 - 01/05/07 01:33 PM SI's "Bowlies Awards": Best Team Performance?
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

Loc: outside the box
Best Team Performance Award

Rutgers: In the first quarter, there was Mike Teel. In the third quarter, there was Ray Rice. And in the second half, the defense gave the offense the option of resting. Teel tossed both of his touchdown passes to stake the Scarlet Knights to a quick 14-0 lead. K-State pulled to within four in the second quarter, but Jeremy Ito kicked a 37-yarder to make it a seven-point game at halftime. In the third quarter, Rice had 93 of his 170 rushing yards, and a TD on a 46-yard run. Meanwhile, Rutgers held the Wildcats to 60 total yards in the second half, and didn't allow a single point in the second half while going on to win, 37-10.

#19787 - 01/05/07 01:35 PM Re: SI's "Bowlies Awards": Best Team Performance? [Re: tubby]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

Former Kansas coaching legend also mentioned.....

The Pitch that Got Away Award
Reggie Campbell, Navy: The Midshipmen had run the ball 766 times in 13 games, and were on the verge of upsetting Boston College. Then a simple pitch that Campbell couldn't corral allowed BC's Steve Aponavicius to play hero.

The question is whose fault was it? The 5-foot-6 Campbell is one of several Navy backs who share a heavy load -- 86.4% of the team's plays this season were on the ground -- and he was thought to be sure-handed. Perhaps the blame is Campbell's, for simply dropping the pitch. Perhaps it belongs to coach Paul Johnson, who might have had better success with a fullback run up the gut and a punt that made BC drive down the field.

The dark horse explanation, however, is that Campbell became indifferent to the game after coming into contact with color commentator Mike Gottfried. During the broadcast, the former college (Kansas) coach frequently stopped in the middle of explanations, perhaps pausing to wave over a hot dog vendor or stare at a red balloon. Gottfried's apathy could be contagious, and it's possible he infected Campbell. You do the math.

#19788 - 01/05/07 03:38 PM Re: Gottfried........ [Re: tubby]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Tubby,

Like some of us have pointed out before, Mike G. ain't the best or brightest.

One award you have missed though is the average number of posts per day. That award goes to Mr. Burger King himself with 60 per day since registering as a user back in November. To the best of my knowledge, you have been the fastest to reach 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 2000 and now 2250 POSTS! Congratulations!

BTW: Are you retired?

#19789 - 01/06/07 08:36 PM Re: Gottfried........ [Re: beenahawk]
tubby Offline
Nooshie!!!

hook, line, and sinker.

clearly the board wants more tubby. i have several stalkers...a guy that has no made a personal threat against me in a PM....i have had my "title" changed now twice (from "mangino envy" to "nooshie", whatever the hell that means)...and i am constantly being accused of being a) gutter b) grape c) portnoy and d) noosh. i don't have a clue who the last 2 are and it is absolutely impossible for me to be the former 2. the board loves tubby, baby! if tubby is what y'all want, tubby is what y'all get!

#19790 - 01/07/07 09:49 AM Re: How meaningful can.... [Re: tubby]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Any of the 180 posts that you've made in the past 48 hours really be? Me thinks that you are simply one that is a bit too self absorbed.............

Preview