Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1970832 - 08/29/14 04:45 AM Royals...Will they..wont they
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
actually make the playoffs. I am still confident they will. They have still only lost one series since the All Star break..meaning they are 10-1-1 in series in that time frame. That is outstanding, but I see the only one that can screw their chances up is Ned himself. Sure they are winning and some might want to give him credit, but I think its the players that insure the wins despite Neds attempts to backfire the whole deal. Last night they couldn't overcome his mistakes.

Tied going into extra innings with the terrible Twinkies. He brings in the Bruce Chen experiment once again, Bruce is what he is..good early on in the season...but after being on the IR for monthes he now sucks. Bring in a decent reliever you might pull the game out. Like I stated Yosterization might cost the Royals their first true chance at a post season in 29 yrs...I hope not but it might happen that way.

#1970897 - 08/29/14 09:20 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Not looking so good tonight. Maybe the rain delay can change things. Cleveland has a legit shot at the playoffs also. The Royals got to keep winning series.

#1971044 - 09/01/14 09:52 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

First series loss in quite awhile...almost 7 weeks. 19-10 in August. That's good. I don't like the current trends with the lack of hitting and stranding so many runners on base.

Cleveland was hot coming in, still needed to win one at home against them. Now they better sweep the Rangers because they suck. Tough road stand after that with the Yankees and Tigers. That could be the 6 games that determine if they make the playoffs or not. A lot of games vs the White Sox after that should be easy. We shall see,

#1971101 - 09/01/14 08:59 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Smooth sailing until the idiot know as Yost left Ventura a few hitters too long. He was throwing flames and wore out because he missed a start and was over throwing.

Was up 4 runs....now only one. The Royals cannot afford to lose to these clowns. If they lose this series to the 30 games under .500 Rangers you might consider firing Ned might be a good idea. He screwed up a pennent race in Milwaukee, don't let him do it here.

#1971131 - 09/02/14 09:36 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Pulled it out. Tried to make me nervous. They shouldn't struggle against the Rangers. I am afraid they still are not good enough to beat the quality teams. Both Yankees and Tribe made them look bad in those last games vs the Royals.

Just want them to finally make the playoffs. Fortunately with the Royal's pitching staff they are build to win series. We shall see, its been a fun year so far.

#1971198 - 09/02/14 11:04 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Another one run win vs the worse team in baseball....the Tejas Rangers. But a win is a win, thought they were going to get Yosterized when he put in Crowe in the top of the ninth. But he did a good job with the save. 25 games left....13 vs crappy teams...12 vs good teams..I say they win 15 of the remaining games.

#1971211 - 09/03/14 10:24 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
There is always a next year once there is a new general manager.

#1971241 - 09/03/14 02:40 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

So you already gave up on them for this season. I will actually wait until they fall several games out of first. Hope that doesn't happen though.

#1971273 - 09/04/14 07:44 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Swept the Rangers. That's what they need to do to make the playoffs. Beat the bad teams..24 games left. Go 14-10...that will give them 91 wins, that should be good enough.

#1971289 - 09/04/14 09:54 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
redrover Offline
friend2allNME2nun

i havent followed baseball since when i was a kid in 2004 but i will guess no. no they will not. make the the playoffs. why because they suck. sure they might not suk for s few weeks or even months at a time but eventually, they go back to sucking. just my $.02.

#1971396 - 09/04/14 05:22 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Get off of my thread dummy. I want comments from real Royal fans, not from some Okie that doesn't care about them.

#1971511 - 09/05/14 09:05 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Oh yeah Shields pitched a gem and Royals down the Yankees 1-0...17 games over .500 at 78-61. Way to start a road trip.

#1971561 - 09/06/14 06:37 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Shoot, they kind of stunk it up today. But the good news is Detroit also loss. My only concern is if Duffy is ok. Cant lose any starters.

#1971636 - 09/07/14 03:02 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Up two....In comes Crowe to screw things up. Prepared to be Yosterized again folks.

#1971637 - 09/07/14 03:10 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Glad I was proven wrong...good job Crowe.

#1971739 - 09/08/14 02:17 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

On to Detroit...now is the time for the Royals to nail the coffin on those clowns. They are reeling almost ready to go down on the canvas. Great series win in NYC. Taking the finale on the day they retire Jeter's number....how awesome is that. Yanks are all but eliminated including the wildcard....Nice..

#1971758 - 09/08/14 07:11 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Yosterized once again today...left Guthrie in while he was getting bombed...pull him when they go up 3.....then KC might have had a legit chance to come back.

The guy had glue on his as-s and wouldn't even send the pitching coach out while Guthrie was struggling. Almost makes you think he wanted them to lose that game. Odd coaching techniques or lack thereof, he clutched down the stretch in Milwaukee when they was in a pennant race...might do the same with the Royals.

#1971813 - 09/09/14 10:54 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
redrover Offline
friend2allNME2nun

why does everybody hate this website? is it becasue hours go by and no one does or says anything?

#1971924 - 09/09/14 04:38 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

I can only do so much. Now are you going to talk Royals baseball, if not GTFO and go back to kissing Stinky's butt on the bball forum.

#1971931 - 09/09/14 05:05 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
redrover Offline
friend2allNME2nun

at least his taste in clothes is better than yours.

#1971942 - 09/09/14 10:28 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

You never seen anything I wear. Perhaps when stinky gets here you can get into a gaucho made for two. And ya better quit messing with Astronaut...he will mess you and your Okie truck up.

#1971945 - 09/09/14 10:39 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Related to baseball....dumass Yost screws up again sents Dyson on a double steal from second base with one out in top of ninth. Only problem is the 2nd baseman was only a few feet off the bag and the pitcher spun and easily threw him out.

Yosterization will keep this team out of the playoffs. Yost blew it in a similar situation with the Brewers in 07 and 08. Lucky for the them their management was smart enough to fire his ass on Sept 15 of 08, the third base coach took over and went 7-5 in the last 12 games and they made the wildcard. Should do the same with him this year

#1971947 - 09/09/14 11:39 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
Baffling.

Nathan looked rattled. He's not the ace closer he once was. 1st and 2nd, nobody out.

Wasn't Yost's fault that Gordon fished on a diving inside slider for strike 3 and out 1.

But putting in 2 pinch-runners for the already quick Aoki and Infante was odd. Some thought initially that Dyson was brought in simply to scare Nathan and get him thinking about a double steal rather than focusing on Perez at the plate. I guess that's a decent thought, but now Aoki and Infante would be out of the game should KC tie the game with 2 runs. Surely Yost wouldn't call a double steal with Dyson at 2nd. After all, it was Dyson who got picked off of first in back-to-back games at the K the last two days of August. It doesn't take a lot to trick him.

Some say maybe Ned was worried Perez might hit into a double play. Well, I say that SOMEBODY…either Perez or the following Hosmer would need to get a hit, regardless of what bases were covered by Royals, to get the tying run home. Maybe trust that Perez or Hosmer will come through.

Oh well. Needless to say, Shields likely needs to pitch a near-perfect game tomorrow to help ensure KC can avoid a sweep.

#1971965 - 09/10/14 09:55 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Yost is the main problem. Sure he cant hit for the guys, but he could no better than trying a double steal or hit and run with the 2nd baseman almost standing on first.

Read the Wikipedia article about him and how he flamed out at Milwaukee. Almost screwed up two playoff chances.

#1972020 - 09/10/14 05:04 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Lol...I didn't realize this until now...But Yost's third base coach in Milwaukee that took over for him after they canned his ass and then led them to the wildcard is no other than Dave Sveum. Dave Sveum is now the Royal' hitting coach. Deja Vu anyone....Deja Vu anyone....oh please..pretty please before it too late.

#1972087 - 09/11/14 01:50 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Ok, great win last night. Looked like our boys really wanted that one bad. And the good thing with the way Shields was pitching there was almost no way in hell that Yost could screw it up.

Herrera and Davis are having phenomenal seasons. I used to worry about Herrera, not anymore and I actually thinks he has the best stuff of them all currently.

#1972146 - 09/12/14 08:29 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

As good as the win in the last game vs Detroit was, the game last night was equally bad. The Royals looked like a bunch of Keystone Cops with all the errors. Cant lose to a crap team like Boston with a pennant race going on. Better get their crap together and win the last 3 of this series or things will go down hill fast.

I know Duffy is hurt, but with 17 games left why cant we go to a 4 man rotation for a short period of time. Duffy should be back soon but we cant keep throwing crap pitchers that are going to get pounded early. Because we all know the Royals bats are incapable of coming back when we get behind by more than 3 or 4 runs.

#1972214 - 09/12/14 08:51 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Still playing like crap defensively. Might be done...cant handle the pressure of being good. And look at that light crowd tonight. Piss poor KC...piss poor. I live 60 miles away...if I lived within 30 miles I would be there. Guess all the light weight KC fans are at sonny's HS football games....what a joke.

#1972225 - 09/13/14 01:25 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Only 19K fans showing up on a Friday nite when your team was in first place...pathetic. I wouldn't play hard either for that tiny crowd. But they should do it for themselves. If they lose this series and the following one to the White Sox Yost has got to go. Which might be the only good thing that might come out of all of this..Still 6-5 in Sept...but that was after starting 5-1....Not good.

#1972234 - 09/13/14 09:08 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Fair-weather fans disappear in the fall. Something about sitting on metal cold benched watching minors with helmets.

#1972236 - 09/13/14 09:27 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Well perhaps. I find it hard to believe there are not enough fans that don't have kids playing HS football to at least put 25K in Kaufman. I would rather believe that a lot of the local fans aren't buying in on the Royals making the playoffs after their recent skid. Hence why show up on a chilly night to support them.

Its too bad, hope the team can rally and get to the playoffs. It will be a short lived playoffs if they do, they just don't have the bats...Hud stated last night they are only averaging 2.5 runs a game for the last 18 games. That aint going to do it.

#1972354 - 09/13/14 08:39 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Much much better today...Guthrie pitching an excellent game. Now just keep it up.

#1972506 - 09/14/14 07:22 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

So the Royals are up 4-3..two BoSox get on base with one out. Vargas is done...a must win game...Neither Herrera...Davis...or Holland pitched the day before.

Does Yost bring in either Davis or Herrera with either one not giving up one earned run in almost 30 innings each...Nope the dumass brings in Crow....eventually Nava hits a grand slam....game ova.. Please either fire Yost when there is still a glimmer of hope or give him a revolver with six bullets and tell him to play Russian Roulette...dammmmmmmmmmm

#1972594 - 09/15/14 12:32 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

PHOGUSHER,

Who do you want to replace Yost if and when a change is made?

#1972650 - 09/15/14 02:20 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
redrover Offline
friend2allNME2nun

the short answer to the op is that i dont know.

#1972732 - 09/15/14 07:41 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: Maximus
PHOGUSHER,

Who do you want to replace Yost if and when a change is made?

Hell anybody...the towel boy..the bat boy...the grounds keeper. Anyone with half a baseball wit could do better than Ned. The fool has Nix in at third base tonight ..who the hell is that. You need to win every game now. Don't start guys who haven't played in awhile.

To be honest I would go with the third base coach Mike Jirschele. He led Omaha to a championship last year...or ironically they could go with batting coach Dave Sveum who took over for him in Milwaukee when he was making bonehead idiotic decisions that led to the Brewers losing a 4 game series to the Phillies. Fired Ned on Sept 15...Dave got them into the wildcard finishing 7-5 down the stretch...NED HAS GOTTA TO GO...Too bad Dayton is his gay lover so that aint going to happen.

#1972778 - 09/16/14 10:07 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Well a bizarre way for game to end with a Royal's win. Two speedsters scoring from 2nd for the tie then the win. Got to say it was a bit of luck but we will take it, the Royals needed that bad. Team was so excited after that win maybe it will fire them up....13 games left...sitting at 82 victories. Win 8 that will make 90 wins.

If the Royals take this series with the Pale Hose it will make the following series with the Tigers huge...it already is important. But the division crown will be determined this weekend most likely.

Man I should go but tickets will be expensive. Now which day should I try. The red headed Colorado ginger is coming in for all 3. Hell he is a better fan of the Royals living in Denver than most of us here in Kansas. Saturday is most likely the day I will shoot for.

#1972945 - 09/17/14 10:08 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Arrrrgghhhh, I cant stand watching these guys choke their playoff chances away. Are you fu-cking kidding me...losing 4 of 6 to the Red Sox and White Sox which are both terrible teams. You cant do that and expect to make the playoffs.

If they don't recover and win tonight, which is doubtful since Chicago has Sale on the bump the Royals are done. Detroit will come in and either sweep them or win 2 of 3. I still have faith but it is fleeting quick like. Hell I cant even blame Yost for last night's loss, he did switch pitchers out a bit quick but it was not his fault.

#1972954 - 09/17/14 11:02 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Normally, I'd think I'd have been okay with Ned going to Davis early last night.

But for some reason, I didn't want Herrerra to leave the game. It didn't feel like Herrerra was pitching bad. Eaton is on an offensive tear like Aoki, so his single wasn't too surprising. Having guys on 1st and 3rd with Abreu coming up isn't something Davis is used to. Maybe that's evidenced with the walk Davis gave to Abreu, including some un-Davis-like pitches. Also, it seemed obvious to me that Gillaspie was biting at every low cutter inside that Davis threw. He bit twice. Oddly, Davis tried to strike him out on a high pitch, then got another one up, allowing Gillaspie to stroke a triple.

I don't put this loss on Ned, but he's hard to figure out. Had he done what he's done all year, he'd have not have brought in Davis until the 8th. Did Davis know he might come in early? Did it catch him off guard? Who knows.

Still, the bottom line is the team is struggling offensively. I'd roll the dice and play Butler every game the rest of the way. I might even put him at 1st, as Butler does seem to hit better when playing the field. Hosmer could DH, and Willingham/Dyson could be used as pinch hitter/pinch runner. I think the lineup, FOR THE REST OF THE GAMES, should be Aoki, Cain, Gordon, Butler, Hosmer, Escobar, Moose, Perez, Infante.

#1972973 - 09/17/14 01:26 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Bottomline is I am afraid the Royal's young players are just plain choking. Presently 2-4 on this homestand vs crap teams. Feeling the pressure of a whole city depending on them to do what no other Royal team has accomplished in 29 yrs. I really see it as nothing else but that.

Sure Ned makes an occasional fu-k up but its not all on him. Sad, I thought this might be the year, sure they still might get the wild card, but they are not winning the division.

Detroit is superior in every facet except the bullpen. I say if they lose tonight they will also lose the series to Detroit...leaving them 4.5 out. Seattle is playing good so if that happens the Royals lose the second wildcard slot to them. If the Royals win tonight I believe they will win the series with Detroit and then anything can happen.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (09/17/14 01:27 PM)

#1973068 - 09/18/14 09:58 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Ahhhh hellz boyeees. These guys are trying to prove me wrong. What a showing vs the American Leagues potential Cy Young award winner last night. They got more runs agains Sales than any other team this year.

And Aoki...good gravy Marie...what a series. A Royals record with getting on base 13 out of 15 plate appearances. Not even Brett or Willie Wilson accomplished that in their careers. Good job Nori...lol gave the Gatorade bath to his translator instead of him last night after the game. Now lets take those Tigers.

#1973276 - 09/19/14 10:26 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

I am going back to my original comments. The Royals are not in Detroits league. Getting smashed in front of a sale out crowd with the division title on the line...In a word pathetic.

.Best season for some time, might make a wild card game and that's it. They definitely needs more bats and middle relief. I would say maybe next year but a few of our boys will opt for free agency.

#1973385 - 09/20/14 07:51 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Losing by one run today at least wasn't embarrassing. But the way they did it was. Everyone thinks Perez is the best catcher around. Although he has great talent...he is a bonehead...not knowing to tag on a lineout then advanced cost the Royals the tying run and a past ball let two Tigers to advance to 2nd and 3rd.

They don't deserve the division title if they have mental lapses like this. I say they are done fortunately Seattle lost also...So they are tied with them for the 2nd wildcard. Might screw that up also though.

#1973432 - 09/21/14 09:55 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Its obvious that the .net has a heck of a lot more individuals that cares about Royals baseball than over here. I will still carry almost all the load. Got to win this game today, its a must win.

Guthrie is either good or bad, but we need hits, that is the problem. Still hanging on for the 2nd WC. Cant keep on depending on Oakland and Seattle losing.

#1973503 - 09/21/14 10:53 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Exciting to be in the playoffs AS OF NOW. Based on our schedule, it looks likely KC will get one of the Wildcards. Maybe a division if Detroit screws up.

BUT...

Ned, Ned, Ned. My goodness. Having Aoki bunt twice with zero outs yesterday, with runners in scoring position and nobody out, is a fire-able offense.

Some say, "it's a good move to give your 3 and 4 batter the chance to drive in the runs". But what if your manager is dim enough to have some guy named Willingham in the #3 spot? And the guy batting 4th is STRUGGLING lately.

Aoki has been a hitting machine. LET HIM HIT! So frustrating.

Then today. Escobar, the 2nd best hitter on KC, comes up with zero out and 1st and 2nd. He's asked to bunt (!), and pops out to the pitcher. LET HIM HIT! Luckily, Aoki followed with a seeing-eye hopper down the 1st base line to knock in 2, the go-ahead runs. I haven't even mentioned the weird lineups (no Cain yesterday. Gordon dropped to 6th today. And Yost always says he likes speed in the 9 hole, yet has Moose 9th today. I can't figure him out.)

It's a dead heat between us, the A's and Mariners. I feel like the Royals are handicapped by their manager, but think our pitching will be just good enough to overcome Yost. Fingers crossed.

#1973516 - 09/22/14 09:10 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Sacrificing to move runner over and giving an out away prevent big innings and that's when you usually will when the game. Pressure on the pitcher to avoid runs usually leads to fast ball mistakes or getting behind in the count.

Percentage ball for the lower level of the lineup, not your upper lineup.

#1973517 - 09/22/14 09:56 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Thanks for not making me the lone wolf no longer on this thread. Ok...8 games left...actually 7, I am afraid KC will go on to lose that half inning game tonight.

So that leaves them at 84 wins, how many do they need to win the division or secure the wildcard. I say they almost have to win 5 or 6 to win the division, 4 or more for wildcard...its crunch time people. GO ROYALS.

#1973544 - 09/22/14 11:51 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

90 wins MIGHT get a tie for the Central.

Oakland will likely win 88 or 89. Seattle 86 or 87.

Gotta assume a loss in the makeup game tonight. The regular game tonight is big for many reasons. One of which is that, Cleveland could be 2 games behind us late tonight with 2 games left. If KC can win the 9-inning game, it'd be a gut punch to the Indians and likely shatter any hope they have of sneaking into the playoffs, which would hopefully make the last 2 games of the series easier to win.

#1973558 - 09/22/14 12:55 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Assume Yost is fired.... what level of the minor league do we hire from. Royals already did the Japan Manager thing, and it didn't work out. Moore is working with a budget, so any ready now candidates are not going to be interviewed.

#1973679 - 09/23/14 09:58 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

If anything to ole Royals is making this thing exciting...Too bad they couldn't win that half inning makeup game, they gave it a shot.

Now they are one behind Detroit and 2 up on Seattle for the second wildcard. Barring a complete collapse they should get the wildcard. I would state I wish they could leap Oakland for the first wildcard position. But I really believe they would have a better chance to win that one game playoff on the road.

Odd they are much better on the road than at home. Especially in front of huge home crowds. A dismal 4-6 on that 10 game homestand...make that 6-4 and they would have locked up a playoff spot already...oh well if anything GO ROYALS

#1973919 - 09/25/14 10:38 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: jayhawklouie]
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: jayhawklouie
90 wins MIGHT get a tie for the Central.

Gotta assume a loss in the makeup game tonight. The regular game tonight is big for many reasons. One of which is that, Cleveland could be 2 games behind us late tonight with 2 games left. If KC can win the 9-inning game, it'd be a gut punch to the Indians and likely shatter any hope they have of sneaking into the playoffs, which would hopefully make the last 2 games of the series easier to win.

Wrong, Oakland aint winning 88 or 89...maybe not even 87. Royals will host the wildcard suckas. Good deal and nice come back win tonight.

#1974051 - 09/27/14 02:02 PM Re: Royals...Will they..yes they will... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
[quote=jayhawklouie]90 wins MIGHT get a tie for the Central.

Woohoo mofos, finally back to the playoffs. Looking good now let them not settle, go ahead and win the division. Remember watching the 85 World Series on a little (well considered big screen for those days) 25 inch tv at the bar in the Enlisted Men's Club on the Charleston Navy Base. Hey 75 cent drafts..1.25 well drinks and a Royals World Championship....couldn't beat it I tellz ya. Lets do it again but I will be watching it on my new 70 inch Vizio 4K set this time around. Nice....

Edited by PHOGUSHER (09/27/14 02:02 PM)

#1974075 - 09/27/14 09:40 PM Re: Royals...Will they..yes they will... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I can remember the old timers say the bought hamburgers for a quarter. I wonder why they cost at least $4 now. It's not like cows are demanding higher wages.

#1974148 - 09/28/14 01:23 PM Re: Royals...Will they..yes they will... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Hell I bought them for 15 cents...but they were wafer thin and you needed 5 to make a dent in your gut. Lets try to focus trance boy. Its all about Royals baseball here. Come on guys lets finish the regular season with a W.

#1974289 - 09/29/14 10:36 AM Re: Royals...Will they..yes they will... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Royals hamburgers....

#1974329 - 09/29/14 02:28 PM Re: Royals...Will they..yes they will... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

I don't know about quarter burgers at Royals stadium...maybe 75 cents or a buck...

#1974369 - 09/29/14 07:22 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Maybe a discount to the adjust of inflation of "Buck Night." They should always have buck night for dogs and soft drinks. Profits margins are crazy high and it's a Walmart bulk business plan, not the Royal experience don't sell enough plan.

Get those family to spend the stripper dollars at the K and not at the Golden Arches.

This is as American as you can get. Field of Dreams stuff with a James Earl Jones voice over.

#1974370 - 09/29/14 07:24 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Hey anti Waffle House man. You think this would sell at a ball game?

Behold.... The mini Waffle Dog.

#1974430 - 09/30/14 10:46 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

What was that a Dodger dog...those waffle dogs look good, hey I am not anti Waffle House. I just was trying to get that idiot stinky to realize there are no Waffle Houses in Lawrence. Now if he wants to drive 25 miles to Gardner he could dine at one.

So who you got tonight...worried about Lester but the Royals have to beat him eventually...I say 4-2...for the guys in blue...

#1974431 - 09/30/14 10:51 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

What WILL Yost's lineup be against Lester?
What SHOULD the lineup be?

Escobar, Aoki, Cain, Hosmer, Butler, Gordon, Perez, Infante, Moustakis is likely how Ned sets it up.

I think Aoki should leadoff. I'd love for Yost to bat Gordon 3rd and Butler 4th. Cain could bat 5th, Hosmer 6th.

I have a feeling the A's and Lester have planned a way to pitch to Escobar/Aoki/Cain and a strategy to deal with their speed. I'd guess the Royals way to win will be by Gordon/Butler/Hosmer/Moose knocking a few baseballs up against or over the wall. The 4 were supposed to be the guys to get us to the promise land, and they've been hitting better of late.

#1974432 - 09/30/14 10:53 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
So who you got tonight...worried about Lester but the Royals have to beat him eventually...I say 4-2...for the guys in blue...

Don't know why, but I'm nervous that our first 3 hitters (likely to be Escobar, Aoki, Cain) might fold a little bit. The spotlight is HUGE on this 1-game playoff. I want to sink or swim with Gordon and Butler in the 3/4 holes. I think both those guys will be ready to perform.

I like your 4-2 prediction. But I think we only get the 4 runs with a homer or couple extra base hits from a couple of our bigger hitters.

I also fear that the A's could be relaxed offensively after nearly falling short of the playoffs.

#1974434 - 09/30/14 11:08 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Ned sticks with his " Coaching For Dummies" routine as in he will not change a thing. Same lineup as the end of the regular season most likely. Hope Big Game James can change his mojo at home. He was much better on the road during the regular season.

#1974446 - 09/30/14 12:57 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

With Lester, a lefty, on the opposing mound, MAYBE Ned changes the lineup a tiny bit, like dropping Hosmer down in the lineup and giving Billy a shot at the 3 or 4 hole. Mabye scooting Perez up to 4 or 5.

But that won't happen.

#1974468 - 09/30/14 03:12 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Lineup is out. Knowing Ned, it's not surprising at all: Escobar, Aoki, Cain, Hosmer, Butler, Gordon, Perez, Infante, Moustakis.

KC’s been on a wild, magical roll for a couple months. Yost’s often-screwy lineups, thankfully, haven't seemed to hurt us much (mostly 'cause our pitching is so dang good).

Still, tonight’s lineup (ike nearly ALL Yost lineups) bugs me. Tonight is EVERYTHING. Win or go home. Gordon has shown good patience the last week and looks to be reverting to his early-season form. I’d much prefer him to bat cleanup than Hosmer. I feel Gordon has earned the right (statistically and otherwise) over the last few years to be given a marque spot in the lineup to try to carry his team through the playoffs. Hosmer, to me, hasn't earned it.

To a lesser degree, I feel the same way about Butler, especially seeing the gleam and joy in his eyes the last week. And especially against a lefty. Butler’s batting nearly .400 in his last 7 games.

Aoki should be leading off. Moustakis batting 9th contradicts Yost liking to have speed at the bottom of the lineup...

I'll stop. We'll score 3 early runs on 2 infield hits, a bloop single, and a couple throwing errors. Shields will give up 1 run. Herrerra/Davis/Holland will lock down the 7th/8th/9th.

Royals get a bonus run late. Royals 4, A's 1.

#1974483 - 09/30/14 04:48 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#1974515 - 10/01/14 09:11 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: Maximus]
swishymcjayhawk Offline
get off my lawn

Loc: KC, MO

#1974525 - 10/01/14 10:31 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Brett looks like all of us. UNBELIEVABLE.

Yost would have been fired if not for the amazing comeback. Now? Wouldn't surprise me if Ned's wearing a World Series ring in a few weeks.

Credit to the players, especially Billy, Hosmer and Finnegan. And how about that Dyson steal of 3rd base?! It was great because it worked. But that was CLOSE. If he's out, we're bummed out today.

Besides Yost, the most relieved Royals has GOT to be Gordon. He's been in a rut for awhile and had a bad game last night. He's got a chance to be a hero again.

#1974560 - 10/01/14 01:57 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
AWHawk204 Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Lawrence, KS
anyone know where I could catch a replay of the Royals game? I went to the game and would love to watch the broadcast

#1974666 - 10/02/14 11:59 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: AWHawk204]
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: AWHawk204
anyone know where I could catch a replay of the Royals game? I went to the game and would love to watch the broadcast

Just search youtube for it, I know someone has it on KUSports.net. Got to be out there somewhere in the interweb trons.....

#1974828 - 10/04/14 03:08 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Need 12 wins as a wild card team to win it all...The Royals are 1/4 th of the way there. What awesome baseball they are playing right now. Great defense and pitching and timely hitting. Lets do this thing...woooo hoooo.....

#1974912 - 10/05/14 03:08 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Royals have won 3 extra inning post season games...In the history of baseball there has been 5 other teams that have done the same. All 5 went on to win the World Series. Yes lets keep that trend going.

#1975026 - 10/07/14 09:36 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Wooo Hoooo...cant wait tell Friday. Congrats to Dayton Moore and all his bad trades that somehow got this misfit team into the ALCS....lol...good stuff.

#1975378 - 10/11/14 12:44 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Great start to the ALCS....thought they were going to lose when the Orioles tied em up. But oh yeah KC finally coming through with the homers.

More home runs in the extra innings of the post season than the entirety of extra innings of the regular season. That's some weird and whacky stuff. Lets keep it up boys...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview