Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1974432 - 09/30/14 10:53 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
So who you got tonight...worried about Lester but the Royals have to beat him eventually...I say 4-2...for the guys in blue...

Don't know why, but I'm nervous that our first 3 hitters (likely to be Escobar, Aoki, Cain) might fold a little bit. The spotlight is HUGE on this 1-game playoff. I want to sink or swim with Gordon and Butler in the 3/4 holes. I think both those guys will be ready to perform.

I like your 4-2 prediction. But I think we only get the 4 runs with a homer or couple extra base hits from a couple of our bigger hitters.

I also fear that the A's could be relaxed offensively after nearly falling short of the playoffs.

#1974434 - 09/30/14 11:08 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Ned sticks with his " Coaching For Dummies" routine as in he will not change a thing. Same lineup as the end of the regular season most likely. Hope Big Game James can change his mojo at home. He was much better on the road during the regular season.

#1974446 - 09/30/14 12:57 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

With Lester, a lefty, on the opposing mound, MAYBE Ned changes the lineup a tiny bit, like dropping Hosmer down in the lineup and giving Billy a shot at the 3 or 4 hole. Mabye scooting Perez up to 4 or 5.

But that won't happen.

#1974468 - 09/30/14 03:12 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Lineup is out. Knowing Ned, it's not surprising at all: Escobar, Aoki, Cain, Hosmer, Butler, Gordon, Perez, Infante, Moustakis.

KC’s been on a wild, magical roll for a couple months. Yost’s often-screwy lineups, thankfully, haven't seemed to hurt us much (mostly 'cause our pitching is so dang good).

Still, tonight’s lineup (ike nearly ALL Yost lineups) bugs me. Tonight is EVERYTHING. Win or go home. Gordon has shown good patience the last week and looks to be reverting to his early-season form. I’d much prefer him to bat cleanup than Hosmer. I feel Gordon has earned the right (statistically and otherwise) over the last few years to be given a marque spot in the lineup to try to carry his team through the playoffs. Hosmer, to me, hasn't earned it.

To a lesser degree, I feel the same way about Butler, especially seeing the gleam and joy in his eyes the last week. And especially against a lefty. Butler’s batting nearly .400 in his last 7 games.

Aoki should be leading off. Moustakis batting 9th contradicts Yost liking to have speed at the bottom of the lineup...

I'll stop. We'll score 3 early runs on 2 infield hits, a bloop single, and a couple throwing errors. Shields will give up 1 run. Herrerra/Davis/Holland will lock down the 7th/8th/9th.

Royals get a bonus run late. Royals 4, A's 1.

#1974483 - 09/30/14 04:48 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land

#1974515 - 10/01/14 09:11 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: Maximus]
swishymcjayhawk Offline
get off my lawn

Loc: KC, MO

#1974525 - 10/01/14 10:31 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Brett looks like all of us. UNBELIEVABLE.

Yost would have been fired if not for the amazing comeback. Now? Wouldn't surprise me if Ned's wearing a World Series ring in a few weeks.

Credit to the players, especially Billy, Hosmer and Finnegan. And how about that Dyson steal of 3rd base?! It was great because it worked. But that was CLOSE. If he's out, we're bummed out today.

Besides Yost, the most relieved Royals has GOT to be Gordon. He's been in a rut for awhile and had a bad game last night. He's got a chance to be a hero again.

#1974560 - 10/01/14 01:57 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
AWHawk204 Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Lawrence, KS
anyone know where I could catch a replay of the Royals game? I went to the game and would love to watch the broadcast

#1974666 - 10/02/14 11:59 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: AWHawk204]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: AWHawk204
anyone know where I could catch a replay of the Royals game? I went to the game and would love to watch the broadcast

Just search youtube for it, I know someone has it on KUSports.net. Got to be out there somewhere in the interweb trons.....

#1974828 - 10/04/14 03:08 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Need 12 wins as a wild card team to win it all...The Royals are 1/4 th of the way there. What awesome baseball they are playing right now. Great defense and pitching and timely hitting. Lets do this thing...woooo hoooo.....

#1974912 - 10/05/14 03:08 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Royals have won 3 extra inning post season games...In the history of baseball there has been 5 other teams that have done the same. All 5 went on to win the World Series. Yes lets keep that trend going.

#1975026 - 10/07/14 09:36 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Wooo Hoooo...cant wait tell Friday. Congrats to Dayton Moore and all his bad trades that somehow got this misfit team into the ALCS....lol...good stuff.

#1975378 - 10/11/14 12:44 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Great start to the ALCS....thought they were going to lose when the Orioles tied em up. But oh yeah KC finally coming through with the homers.

More home runs in the extra innings of the post season than the entirety of extra innings of the regular season. That's some weird and whacky stuff. Lets keep it up boys...

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Preview