Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1973516 - 09/22/14 09:10 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Sacrificing to move runner over and giving an out away prevent big innings and that's when you usually will when the game. Pressure on the pitcher to avoid runs usually leads to fast ball mistakes or getting behind in the count.

Percentage ball for the lower level of the lineup, not your upper lineup.

#1973517 - 09/22/14 09:56 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Thanks for not making me the lone wolf no longer on this thread. Ok...8 games left...actually 7, I am afraid KC will go on to lose that half inning game tonight.

So that leaves them at 84 wins, how many do they need to win the division or secure the wildcard. I say they almost have to win 5 or 6 to win the division, 4 or more for wildcard...its crunch time people. GO ROYALS.

#1973544 - 09/22/14 11:51 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
90 wins MIGHT get a tie for the Central.

Oakland will likely win 88 or 89. Seattle 86 or 87.

Gotta assume a loss in the makeup game tonight. The regular game tonight is big for many reasons. One of which is that, Cleveland could be 2 games behind us late tonight with 2 games left. If KC can win the 9-inning game, it'd be a gut punch to the Indians and likely shatter any hope they have of sneaking into the playoffs, which would hopefully make the last 2 games of the series easier to win.

#1973558 - 09/22/14 12:55 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Assume Yost is fired.... what level of the minor league do we hire from. Royals already did the Japan Manager thing, and it didn't work out. Moore is working with a budget, so any ready now candidates are not going to be interviewed.

#1973679 - 09/23/14 09:58 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

If anything to ole Royals is making this thing exciting...Too bad they couldn't win that half inning makeup game, they gave it a shot.

Now they are one behind Detroit and 2 up on Seattle for the second wildcard. Barring a complete collapse they should get the wildcard. I would state I wish they could leap Oakland for the first wildcard position. But I really believe they would have a better chance to win that one game playoff on the road.

Odd they are much better on the road than at home. Especially in front of huge home crowds. A dismal 4-6 on that 10 game homestand...make that 6-4 and they would have locked up a playoff spot already...oh well if anything GO ROYALS

#1973919 - 09/25/14 10:38 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: jayhawklouie]
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: jayhawklouie
90 wins MIGHT get a tie for the Central.

Gotta assume a loss in the makeup game tonight. The regular game tonight is big for many reasons. One of which is that, Cleveland could be 2 games behind us late tonight with 2 games left. If KC can win the 9-inning game, it'd be a gut punch to the Indians and likely shatter any hope they have of sneaking into the playoffs, which would hopefully make the last 2 games of the series easier to win.

Wrong, Oakland aint winning 88 or 89...maybe not even 87. Royals will host the wildcard suckas. Good deal and nice come back win tonight.

#1974051 - 09/27/14 02:02 PM Re: Royals...Will they..yes they will... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
[quote=jayhawklouie]90 wins MIGHT get a tie for the Central.

Woohoo mofos, finally back to the playoffs. Looking good now let them not settle, go ahead and win the division. Remember watching the 85 World Series on a little (well considered big screen for those days) 25 inch tv at the bar in the Enlisted Men's Club on the Charleston Navy Base. Hey 75 cent drafts..1.25 well drinks and a Royals World Championship....couldn't beat it I tellz ya. Lets do it again but I will be watching it on my new 70 inch Vizio 4K set this time around. Nice....

Edited by PHOGUSHER (09/27/14 02:02 PM)

#1974075 - 09/27/14 09:40 PM Re: Royals...Will they..yes they will... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I can remember the old timers say the bought hamburgers for a quarter. I wonder why they cost at least $4 now. It's not like cows are demanding higher wages.

#1974148 - 09/28/14 01:23 PM Re: Royals...Will they..yes they will... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Hell I bought them for 15 cents...but they were wafer thin and you needed 5 to make a dent in your gut. Lets try to focus trance boy. Its all about Royals baseball here. Come on guys lets finish the regular season with a W.

#1974289 - 09/29/14 10:36 AM Re: Royals...Will they..yes they will... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Royals hamburgers....

#1974329 - 09/29/14 02:28 PM Re: Royals...Will they..yes they will... [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

I don't know about quarter burgers at Royals stadium...maybe 75 cents or a buck...

#1974369 - 09/29/14 07:22 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Maybe a discount to the adjust of inflation of "Buck Night." They should always have buck night for dogs and soft drinks. Profits margins are crazy high and it's a Walmart bulk business plan, not the Royal experience don't sell enough plan.

Get those family to spend the stripper dollars at the K and not at the Golden Arches.

This is as American as you can get. Field of Dreams stuff with a James Earl Jones voice over.

#1974370 - 09/29/14 07:24 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Hey anti Waffle House man. You think this would sell at a ball game?

Behold.... The mini Waffle Dog.

#1974430 - 09/30/14 10:46 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

What was that a Dodger dog...those waffle dogs look good, hey I am not anti Waffle House. I just was trying to get that idiot stinky to realize there are no Waffle Houses in Lawrence. Now if he wants to drive 25 miles to Gardner he could dine at one.

So who you got tonight...worried about Lester but the Royals have to beat him eventually...I say 4-2...for the guys in blue...

#1974431 - 09/30/14 10:51 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
What WILL Yost's lineup be against Lester?
What SHOULD the lineup be?

Escobar, Aoki, Cain, Hosmer, Butler, Gordon, Perez, Infante, Moustakis is likely how Ned sets it up.

I think Aoki should leadoff. I'd love for Yost to bat Gordon 3rd and Butler 4th. Cain could bat 5th, Hosmer 6th.

I have a feeling the A's and Lester have planned a way to pitch to Escobar/Aoki/Cain and a strategy to deal with their speed. I'd guess the Royals way to win will be by Gordon/Butler/Hosmer/Moose knocking a few baseballs up against or over the wall. The 4 were supposed to be the guys to get us to the promise land, and they've been hitting better of late.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview