Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1972236 - 09/13/14 09:27 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Well perhaps. I find it hard to believe there are not enough fans that don't have kids playing HS football to at least put 25K in Kaufman. I would rather believe that a lot of the local fans aren't buying in on the Royals making the playoffs after their recent skid. Hence why show up on a chilly night to support them.

Its too bad, hope the team can rally and get to the playoffs. It will be a short lived playoffs if they do, they just don't have the bats...Hud stated last night they are only averaging 2.5 runs a game for the last 18 games. That aint going to do it.

#1972354 - 09/13/14 08:39 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Much much better today...Guthrie pitching an excellent game. Now just keep it up.

#1972506 - 09/14/14 07:22 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

So the Royals are up 4-3..two BoSox get on base with one out. Vargas is done...a must win game...Neither Herrera...Davis...or Holland pitched the day before.

Does Yost bring in either Davis or Herrera with either one not giving up one earned run in almost 30 innings each...Nope the dumass brings in Crow....eventually Nava hits a grand slam....game ova.. Please either fire Yost when there is still a glimmer of hope or give him a revolver with six bullets and tell him to play Russian Roulette...dammmmmmmmmmm

#1972594 - 09/15/14 12:32 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
PHOGUSHER,

Who do you want to replace Yost if and when a change is made?

#1972650 - 09/15/14 02:20 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
redrover Offline
friend2allNME2nun

the short answer to the op is that i dont know.

#1972732 - 09/15/14 07:41 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: Maximus
PHOGUSHER,

Who do you want to replace Yost if and when a change is made?

Hell anybody...the towel boy..the bat boy...the grounds keeper. Anyone with half a baseball wit could do better than Ned. The fool has Nix in at third base tonight ..who the hell is that. You need to win every game now. Don't start guys who haven't played in awhile.

To be honest I would go with the third base coach Mike Jirschele. He led Omaha to a championship last year...or ironically they could go with batting coach Dave Sveum who took over for him in Milwaukee when he was making bonehead idiotic decisions that led to the Brewers losing a 4 game series to the Phillies. Fired Ned on Sept 15...Dave got them into the wildcard finishing 7-5 down the stretch...NED HAS GOTTA TO GO...Too bad Dayton is his gay lover so that aint going to happen.

#1972778 - 09/16/14 10:07 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Well a bizarre way for game to end with a Royal's win. Two speedsters scoring from 2nd for the tie then the win. Got to say it was a bit of luck but we will take it, the Royals needed that bad. Team was so excited after that win maybe it will fire them up....13 games left...sitting at 82 victories. Win 8 that will make 90 wins.

If the Royals take this series with the Pale Hose it will make the following series with the Tigers huge...it already is important. But the division crown will be determined this weekend most likely.

Man I should go but tickets will be expensive. Now which day should I try. The red headed Colorado ginger is coming in for all 3. Hell he is a better fan of the Royals living in Denver than most of us here in Kansas. Saturday is most likely the day I will shoot for.

#1972945 - 09/17/14 10:08 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Arrrrgghhhh, I cant stand watching these guys choke their playoff chances away. Are you fu-cking kidding me...losing 4 of 6 to the Red Sox and White Sox which are both terrible teams. You cant do that and expect to make the playoffs.

If they don't recover and win tonight, which is doubtful since Chicago has Sale on the bump the Royals are done. Detroit will come in and either sweep them or win 2 of 3. I still have faith but it is fleeting quick like. Hell I cant even blame Yost for last night's loss, he did switch pitchers out a bit quick but it was not his fault.

#1972954 - 09/17/14 11:02 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
Normally, I'd think I'd have been okay with Ned going to Davis early last night.

But for some reason, I didn't want Herrerra to leave the game. It didn't feel like Herrerra was pitching bad. Eaton is on an offensive tear like Aoki, so his single wasn't too surprising. Having guys on 1st and 3rd with Abreu coming up isn't something Davis is used to. Maybe that's evidenced with the walk Davis gave to Abreu, including some un-Davis-like pitches. Also, it seemed obvious to me that Gillaspie was biting at every low cutter inside that Davis threw. He bit twice. Oddly, Davis tried to strike him out on a high pitch, then got another one up, allowing Gillaspie to stroke a triple.

I don't put this loss on Ned, but he's hard to figure out. Had he done what he's done all year, he'd have not have brought in Davis until the 8th. Did Davis know he might come in early? Did it catch him off guard? Who knows.

Still, the bottom line is the team is struggling offensively. I'd roll the dice and play Butler every game the rest of the way. I might even put him at 1st, as Butler does seem to hit better when playing the field. Hosmer could DH, and Willingham/Dyson could be used as pinch hitter/pinch runner. I think the lineup, FOR THE REST OF THE GAMES, should be Aoki, Cain, Gordon, Butler, Hosmer, Escobar, Moose, Perez, Infante.

#1972973 - 09/17/14 01:26 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Bottomline is I am afraid the Royal's young players are just plain choking. Presently 2-4 on this homestand vs crap teams. Feeling the pressure of a whole city depending on them to do what no other Royal team has accomplished in 29 yrs. I really see it as nothing else but that.

Sure Ned makes an occasional fu-k up but its not all on him. Sad, I thought this might be the year, sure they still might get the wild card, but they are not winning the division.

Detroit is superior in every facet except the bullpen. I say if they lose tonight they will also lose the series to Detroit...leaving them 4.5 out. Seattle is playing good so if that happens the Royals lose the second wildcard slot to them. If the Royals win tonight I believe they will win the series with Detroit and then anything can happen.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (09/17/14 01:27 PM)

#1973068 - 09/18/14 09:58 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Ahhhh hellz boyeees. These guys are trying to prove me wrong. What a showing vs the American Leagues potential Cy Young award winner last night. They got more runs agains Sales than any other team this year.

And Aoki...good gravy Marie...what a series. A Royals record with getting on base 13 out of 15 plate appearances. Not even Brett or Willie Wilson accomplished that in their careers. Good job Nori...lol gave the Gatorade bath to his translator instead of him last night after the game. Now lets take those Tigers.

#1973276 - 09/19/14 10:26 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

I am going back to my original comments. The Royals are not in Detroits league. Getting smashed in front of a sale out crowd with the division title on the line...In a word pathetic.

.Best season for some time, might make a wild card game and that's it. They definitely needs more bats and middle relief. I would say maybe next year but a few of our boys will opt for free agency.

#1973385 - 09/20/14 07:51 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Losing by one run today at least wasn't embarrassing. But the way they did it was. Everyone thinks Perez is the best catcher around. Although he has great talent...he is a bonehead...not knowing to tag on a lineout then advanced cost the Royals the tying run and a past ball let two Tigers to advance to 2nd and 3rd.

They don't deserve the division title if they have mental lapses like this. I say they are done fortunately Seattle lost also...So they are tied with them for the 2nd wildcard. Might screw that up also though.

#1973432 - 09/21/14 09:55 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Its obvious that the .net has a heck of a lot more individuals that cares about Royals baseball than over here. I will still carry almost all the load. Got to win this game today, its a must win.

Guthrie is either good or bad, but we need hits, that is the problem. Still hanging on for the 2nd WC. Cant keep on depending on Oakland and Seattle losing.

#1973503 - 09/21/14 10:53 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
Exciting to be in the playoffs AS OF NOW. Based on our schedule, it looks likely KC will get one of the Wildcards. Maybe a division if Detroit screws up.

BUT...

Ned, Ned, Ned. My goodness. Having Aoki bunt twice with zero outs yesterday, with runners in scoring position and nobody out, is a fire-able offense.

Some say, "it's a good move to give your 3 and 4 batter the chance to drive in the runs". But what if your manager is dim enough to have some guy named Willingham in the #3 spot? And the guy batting 4th is STRUGGLING lately.

Aoki has been a hitting machine. LET HIM HIT! So frustrating.

Then today. Escobar, the 2nd best hitter on KC, comes up with zero out and 1st and 2nd. He's asked to bunt (!), and pops out to the pitcher. LET HIM HIT! Luckily, Aoki followed with a seeing-eye hopper down the 1st base line to knock in 2, the go-ahead runs. I haven't even mentioned the weird lineups (no Cain yesterday. Gordon dropped to 6th today. And Yost always says he likes speed in the 9 hole, yet has Moose 9th today. I can't figure him out.)

It's a dead heat between us, the A's and Mariners. I feel like the Royals are handicapped by their manager, but think our pitching will be just good enough to overcome Yost. Fingers crossed.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview