Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1971739 - 09/08/14 02:17 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
On to Detroit...now is the time for the Royals to nail the coffin on those clowns. They are reeling almost ready to go down on the canvas. Great series win in NYC. Taking the finale on the day they retire Jeter's number....how awesome is that. Yanks are all but eliminated including the wildcard....Nice..

#1971758 - 09/08/14 07:11 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Yosterized once again today...left Guthrie in while he was getting bombed...pull him when they go up 3.....then KC might have had a legit chance to come back.

The guy had glue on his as-s and wouldn't even send the pitching coach out while Guthrie was struggling. Almost makes you think he wanted them to lose that game. Odd coaching techniques or lack thereof, he clutched down the stretch in Milwaukee when they was in a pennant race...might do the same with the Royals.

#1971813 - 09/09/14 10:54 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
redrover Offline
friend2allNME2nun

why does everybody hate this website? is it becasue hours go by and no one does or says anything?

#1971924 - 09/09/14 04:38 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

I can only do so much. Now are you going to talk Royals baseball, if not GTFO and go back to kissing Stinky's butt on the bball forum.

#1971931 - 09/09/14 05:05 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
redrover Offline
friend2allNME2nun

at least his taste in clothes is better than yours.

#1971942 - 09/09/14 10:28 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

You never seen anything I wear. Perhaps when stinky gets here you can get into a gaucho made for two. And ya better quit messing with Astronaut...he will mess you and your Okie truck up.

#1971945 - 09/09/14 10:39 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Related to baseball....dumass Yost screws up again sents Dyson on a double steal from second base with one out in top of ninth. Only problem is the 2nd baseman was only a few feet off the bag and the pitcher spun and easily threw him out.

Yosterization will keep this team out of the playoffs. Yost blew it in a similar situation with the Brewers in 07 and 08. Lucky for the them their management was smart enough to fire his ass on Sept 15 of 08, the third base coach took over and went 7-5 in the last 12 games and they made the wildcard. Should do the same with him this year

#1971947 - 09/09/14 11:39 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
Baffling.

Nathan looked rattled. He's not the ace closer he once was. 1st and 2nd, nobody out.

Wasn't Yost's fault that Gordon fished on a diving inside slider for strike 3 and out 1.

But putting in 2 pinch-runners for the already quick Aoki and Infante was odd. Some thought initially that Dyson was brought in simply to scare Nathan and get him thinking about a double steal rather than focusing on Perez at the plate. I guess that's a decent thought, but now Aoki and Infante would be out of the game should KC tie the game with 2 runs. Surely Yost wouldn't call a double steal with Dyson at 2nd. After all, it was Dyson who got picked off of first in back-to-back games at the K the last two days of August. It doesn't take a lot to trick him.

Some say maybe Ned was worried Perez might hit into a double play. Well, I say that SOMEBODY…either Perez or the following Hosmer would need to get a hit, regardless of what bases were covered by Royals, to get the tying run home. Maybe trust that Perez or Hosmer will come through.

Oh well. Needless to say, Shields likely needs to pitch a near-perfect game tomorrow to help ensure KC can avoid a sweep.

#1971965 - 09/10/14 09:55 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Yost is the main problem. Sure he cant hit for the guys, but he could no better than trying a double steal or hit and run with the 2nd baseman almost standing on first.

Read the Wikipedia article about him and how he flamed out at Milwaukee. Almost screwed up two playoff chances.

#1972020 - 09/10/14 05:04 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Lol...I didn't realize this until now...But Yost's third base coach in Milwaukee that took over for him after they canned his ass and then led them to the wildcard is no other than Dave Sveum. Dave Sveum is now the Royal' hitting coach. Deja Vu anyone....Deja Vu anyone....oh please..pretty please before it too late.

#1972087 - 09/11/14 01:50 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Ok, great win last night. Looked like our boys really wanted that one bad. And the good thing with the way Shields was pitching there was almost no way in hell that Yost could screw it up.

Herrera and Davis are having phenomenal seasons. I used to worry about Herrera, not anymore and I actually thinks he has the best stuff of them all currently.

#1972146 - 09/12/14 08:29 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

As good as the win in the last game vs Detroit was, the game last night was equally bad. The Royals looked like a bunch of Keystone Cops with all the errors. Cant lose to a crap team like Boston with a pennant race going on. Better get their crap together and win the last 3 of this series or things will go down hill fast.

I know Duffy is hurt, but with 17 games left why cant we go to a 4 man rotation for a short period of time. Duffy should be back soon but we cant keep throwing crap pitchers that are going to get pounded early. Because we all know the Royals bats are incapable of coming back when we get behind by more than 3 or 4 runs.

#1972214 - 09/12/14 08:51 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Still playing like crap defensively. Might be done...cant handle the pressure of being good. And look at that light crowd tonight. Piss poor KC...piss poor. I live 60 miles away...if I lived within 30 miles I would be there. Guess all the light weight KC fans are at sonny's HS football games....what a joke.

#1972225 - 09/13/14 01:25 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Only 19K fans showing up on a Friday nite when your team was in first place...pathetic. I wouldn't play hard either for that tiny crowd. But they should do it for themselves. If they lose this series and the following one to the White Sox Yost has got to go. Which might be the only good thing that might come out of all of this..Still 6-5 in Sept...but that was after starting 5-1....Not good.

#1972234 - 09/13/14 09:08 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Fair-weather fans disappear in the fall. Something about sitting on metal cold benched watching minors with helmets.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview