Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1970832 - 08/29/14 04:45 AM Royals...Will they..wont they
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
actually make the playoffs. I am still confident they will. They have still only lost one series since the All Star break..meaning they are 10-1-1 in series in that time frame. That is outstanding, but I see the only one that can screw their chances up is Ned himself. Sure they are winning and some might want to give him credit, but I think its the players that insure the wins despite Neds attempts to backfire the whole deal. Last night they couldn't overcome his mistakes.

Tied going into extra innings with the terrible Twinkies. He brings in the Bruce Chen experiment once again, Bruce is what he is..good early on in the season...but after being on the IR for monthes he now sucks. Bring in a decent reliever you might pull the game out. Like I stated Yosterization might cost the Royals their first true chance at a post season in 29 yrs...I hope not but it might happen that way.

#1970897 - 08/29/14 09:20 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Not looking so good tonight. Maybe the rain delay can change things. Cleveland has a legit shot at the playoffs also. The Royals got to keep winning series.

#1971044 - 09/01/14 09:52 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

First series loss in quite awhile...almost 7 weeks. 19-10 in August. That's good. I don't like the current trends with the lack of hitting and stranding so many runners on base.

Cleveland was hot coming in, still needed to win one at home against them. Now they better sweep the Rangers because they suck. Tough road stand after that with the Yankees and Tigers. That could be the 6 games that determine if they make the playoffs or not. A lot of games vs the White Sox after that should be easy. We shall see,

#1971101 - 09/01/14 08:59 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Smooth sailing until the idiot know as Yost left Ventura a few hitters too long. He was throwing flames and wore out because he missed a start and was over throwing.

Was up 4 runs....now only one. The Royals cannot afford to lose to these clowns. If they lose this series to the 30 games under .500 Rangers you might consider firing Ned might be a good idea. He screwed up a pennent race in Milwaukee, don't let him do it here.

#1971131 - 09/02/14 09:36 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Pulled it out. Tried to make me nervous. They shouldn't struggle against the Rangers. I am afraid they still are not good enough to beat the quality teams. Both Yankees and Tribe made them look bad in those last games vs the Royals.

Just want them to finally make the playoffs. Fortunately with the Royal's pitching staff they are build to win series. We shall see, its been a fun year so far.

#1971198 - 09/02/14 11:04 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Another one run win vs the worse team in baseball....the Tejas Rangers. But a win is a win, thought they were going to get Yosterized when he put in Crowe in the top of the ninth. But he did a good job with the save. 25 games left....13 vs crappy teams...12 vs good teams..I say they win 15 of the remaining games.

#1971211 - 09/03/14 10:24 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
There is always a next year once there is a new general manager.

#1971241 - 09/03/14 02:40 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

So you already gave up on them for this season. I will actually wait until they fall several games out of first. Hope that doesn't happen though.

#1971273 - 09/04/14 07:44 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Swept the Rangers. That's what they need to do to make the playoffs. Beat the bad teams..24 games left. Go 14-10...that will give them 91 wins, that should be good enough.

#1971289 - 09/04/14 09:54 AM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
redrover Offline
friend2allNME2nun

i havent followed baseball since when i was a kid in 2004 but i will guess no. no they will not. make the the playoffs. why because they suck. sure they might not suk for s few weeks or even months at a time but eventually, they go back to sucking. just my $.02.

#1971396 - 09/04/14 05:22 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Get off of my thread dummy. I want comments from real Royal fans, not from some Okie that doesn't care about them.

#1971511 - 09/05/14 09:05 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Oh yeah Shields pitched a gem and Royals down the Yankees 1-0...17 games over .500 at 78-61. Way to start a road trip.

#1971561 - 09/06/14 06:37 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Shoot, they kind of stunk it up today. But the good news is Detroit also loss. My only concern is if Duffy is ok. Cant lose any starters.

#1971636 - 09/07/14 03:02 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Up two....In comes Crowe to screw things up. Prepared to be Yosterized again folks.

#1971637 - 09/07/14 03:10 PM Re: Royals...Will they..wont they [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Glad I was proven wrong...good job Crowe.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview