Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1969885 - 08/16/14 12:15 PM Fan appreciation
jayhawkfan0710 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Southeast Kansas
I'm not able to attend practice today. Let's hear who stood out today and what you took from the practice.

#1969893 - 08/16/14 12:37 PM Re: Fan appreciation [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
DCHawk1 Online   shocked
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
We still have a football team?

#1969902 - 08/16/14 04:02 PM Re: Fan appreciation [Re: DCHawk1]
kumath Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Originally Posted By: DCHawk1

Does this make you feel better?

#1969906 - 08/16/14 05:37 PM Re: Fan appreciation [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
YES THERE IS A FOOTBALL TEAM DUMASS (upcaps mean I'm yelling-now I'm ok again)

#1969911 - 08/16/14 08:34 PM Re: Fan appreciation [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Some observations that I have from today:

Pardula is incredible. He should be on the Ray Guy Award list. He's punting the ball even farther then last year.

Wyman can't hit the side of a barn with his foot. Duvic is clearly the best kicker. There was also a long snapper mistake and a couple of bobbled balls. Can't tell if Weis is making a difference or not.

Cozart was solid. Good accuracy and strong arm even though he had a lot of dropped passes. And after watching Cummings, Cozart is clearly the better QB and I think I would put Millweard as the main backup.

Which brings me up to that. The pass catching was horrendous in the one-one passing drill. Way too many drops that even came from McCay and Harwell. Like the frosh though, they seem to be good at separation. They will be great when all is said and done. On the flip side, our secondary is awfully good so some of those drops might be due to that.

I didn't like Weis sitting in the golf cart toward the end of practice. That's not a good example of the football program and a representative of the university. If the other coaches and the players can stand the entire time then the head coach should be able to as well. He was practically lying down in the cart. And I also didn't like Weis not going over to the player who was injured. I think it was Parmalee.

This is becoming a pretty good football team but Weis seems to make it worse. We'll see if the special teams improve, but based on what I saw today they are not. If Weis can't be effective as a position coach then what can he be good at? Would love to have Reagan or Vestal as head coach.

#1969913 - 08/16/14 08:50 PM Re: Fan appreciation [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
jayhawkfan0710 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Southeast Kansas
Good to hear Cozart looked sharp. Gotta get the receivers on the same page. How did Watson look? I played at Pittsburg State under Broyles and towards the end of his career he was hardly ever at practice and when he was he was on his phone. Makes the players feel like he doesn't care. It's important for the head coach to be involved and have alot of energy.

#1969914 - 08/16/14 09:03 PM Re: Fan appreciation [Re: kumath]
DCHawk1 Online   shocked
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
Originally Posted By: kumath
Originally Posted By: DCHawk1

Does this make you feel better?

Is Charlies still our coach?

If so...then no.

#1969915 - 08/16/14 10:13 PM Re: Fan appreciation [Re: 58hawk]
oldalum Offline
Pure Jayhawk

58, with regard to the golf cart, it's possible that, with his two artificial hips, it is pretty painful for Weis to stand for a long time or to run out on the field to check on a player.

#1969917 - 08/17/14 07:20 AM Re: Fan appreciation [Re: oldalum]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: oldalum
58, with regard to the golf cart, it's possible that, with his two artificial hips, it is pretty painful for Weis to stand for a long time or to run out on the field to check on a player.

That is simply BS! The whole idea of joint replacement is to eliminate the pain. I have had a replacement knee for 10 years now, best damn thing I ever did. No PAIN at all.

And in all honesty, if KAI really wanted to "appreciate" the fans, they would give us all a refund for the past 4 years!

#1969923 - 08/17/14 10:14 AM Re: Fan appreciation [Re: beenahawk]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
Originally Posted By: beenahawk
Originally Posted By: oldalum

That is simply BS! The whole idea of joint replacement is to eliminate the pain. I have had a replacement knee for 10 years now, best damn thing I ever did. No PAIN at all.

And in all honesty, if KAI really wanted to "appreciate" the fans, they would give us all a refund for the past 4 years!

Or at least offer us an apology. Beats calling us up and begging us to buy tickets or asking us if we know anyone who wants to pay for tickets.

#1969931 - 08/17/14 12:35 PM Re: Fan appreciation [Re: 58hawk]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
Some observations that I have from today:

Pardula is incredible. He should be on the Ray Guy Award list. He's punting the ball even farther then last year.

He is on the Ray Guy Award list.

http://www.kuathletics.com/news/2014/7/9/FB_0709141129.aspx?path=football

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#1969935 - 08/17/14 02:57 PM Re: Fan appreciation [Re: beenahawk]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Quote:

How true. Still waiting for that apology/admission of mistake.

Preview