Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1969831 - 08/15/14 03:32 PM Mazyck vs Lewandowski
jayhawkfan0710 Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Southeast Kansas
Who do you all like to win the LT job? And is Damon Martin a lock at RT? These two positions could make or break our season. I feel pretty good about the interior of our line with Ngalu, Smithburg, and any of the centers (I'm personally rooting for Bragg)

#1969842 - 08/15/14 04:42 PM Re: Mazyck vs Lewandowski [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
My opinion is Maz and Bragg with a lot of substitution that is a good sign this year. Not from desperation.

#1969843 - 08/15/14 04:45 PM Re: Mazyck vs Lewandowski [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

LT & RT can be interchanged if injuries as we will see...

#1969847 - 08/15/14 05:10 PM Re: Mazyck vs Lewandowski [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
I feel like Devon Williams and Larry Mazyck will be our starting RT and LT starters by big 12 play once Reagan gets them playing his way.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#1969848 - 08/15/14 05:14 PM Re: Mazyck vs Lewandowski [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Originally Posted By: jayhawkfan0710
Who do you all like to win the LT job? And is Damon Martin a lock at RT? These two positions could make or break our season. I feel pretty good about the interior of our line with Ngalu, Smithburg, and any of the centers (I'm personally rooting for Bragg)

Have heard that at Wednesday's practice the line practicing as the "1st team" was:

Lewandowski, Ngalu, Gibson, Smithburg, and Martin.

The second team was Mazyck, Haughton, Bragg (center), Junior Visinia and Beckmann

I like that starting group...but wouldn't be surprised to see Haughton, Mazych, and Bragg quite a bit. I like Bragg to play a lot especially as he starts to settle in.

From what I am hearing we will be pretty happy we got Visinia before he is done here too...

Take that for what it is worth because it is second hand. I am sure we will be juggling the OL until they find the 5 that work the best together. I feel like only Ngalu is a lock at this point at LG... Martin is also a lock but not sure which spot he will be locked in at.

Go Hawks!!

DC

#1969851 - 08/15/14 05:47 PM Re: Mazyck vs Lewandowski [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I'm liking the oline options this season. Football wars won in the trenches.

#1969864 - 08/15/14 09:08 PM Re: Mazyck vs Lewandowski [Re: KUCO_VOC]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC

Wrong. Tackles are not interchangeable. You can do it from time to time but typically you can't. A left tackle needs to be quicker and better with their feet. They will drop back more to make sure the rusher does not get to the edge and protect the blind side of the quarterback. A right tackle will probably be bigger and is more of a road grader. They typically are more bruisers and left tackles are more of a finesse player.

Also how a tackle drops back becomes instinctive. You automatically go into footwork related to your position. It has been done but it is not easy.

#1969865 - 08/15/14 09:10 PM Re: Mazyck vs Lewandowski [Re: KUCO_VOC]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

My opinion is Maz and Bragg with a lot of substitution that is a good sign this year. Not from desperation.

Offensive line typically does not substitute players. They play as a unit. D line will run players in and out but typically not the offensive line.

#1969867 - 08/15/14 09:26 PM Re: Mazyck vs Lewandowski [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
moose1 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

As for who I would like to play. I would say whoever is playing the best. My guess is it will be Mayzck and Martin.

#1969870 - 08/15/14 10:16 PM Re: Mazyck vs Lewandowski [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Tackles are subbing in & out early to see who will be #1. Sorry if you want to say no subbing allowed but we be in transition there

#1969871 - 08/15/14 10:17 PM Re: Mazyck vs Lewandowski [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

We aren't typical yet

#1969873 - 08/16/14 12:46 AM Re: Mazyck vs Lewandowski [Re: moose1]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: moose1
As for who I would like to play. I would say whoever is playing the best. My guess is it will be Mayzck and Martin.

Goes without saying that Kansas should play their best players, right?

#1969874 - 08/16/14 12:48 AM Re: Mazyck vs Lewandowski [Re: moose1]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Wrong. Tackles are not interchangeable. You can do it from time to time but typically you can't. A left tackle needs to be quicker and better with their feet. They will drop back more to make sure the rusher does not get to the edge and protect the blind side of the quarterback. A right tackle will probably be bigger and is more of a road grader. They typically are more bruisers and left tackles are more of a finesse player.

Also how a tackle drops back becomes instinctive. You automatically go into footwork related to your position. It has been done but it is not easy.

My words, if injuries, gives the situation for a unit in transition

#1969883 - 08/16/14 10:45 AM Re: Mazyck vs Lewandowski [Re: moose1]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Martin at RT is 6 3 290 and Mayzck is 6 7 340. Your RT is smaller and will be less of a road block than Mayzck. Just sayin' it contradicts what you just said above. We will settle into a set unit on o line, just not on play number one and plenty of subs until mid-season barring injuries.

Hate to ever agree with namo on that but it will be dicy to start on o line. Unlike namo, the o line will come together along with QB fairly quickly. I am not into predictions as to when.

#1969941 - 08/17/14 08:34 PM Re: Mazyck vs Lewandowski [Re: jayhawkfan0710]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
dgless21 is the only poster giving Devon Williams any chance of starting. Have not heard much about him this season. What is the latest on him?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview