Page 5 of 116 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 115 116 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1969734 - 08/13/14 10:03 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
No the Shamus on the beach I was referring to in San Diego were native Cali girls. I actually loved San Diego. Ad far as the game is concerned I will bet you any amount of money on it that KU wins. I will buy you breakfast at First Watch or IHOP the following morning so you won't starve while carrying your losing ass back to southern California. What can I say I a nice guy also.

#1969735 - 08/13/14 10:39 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: PHOGUSHER]
chiefstinkyfinger Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
Hmmmm, a pick'em wager Gauchos @ Jayhawks. I think if I wager the game with my "Gaming Advisor" (Bookie is so 2005) and I take UCSB straight up (ML/Money Line) over Kansas, I'll get UCSB +700. What that means is if I wager One Waffle House breakfast on UCSB over Kansas, the house will pay me at least 7 Waffle House meals if UCSB wins. Not too shabby, right? I'm not dodging your bet Gusher but I don't think its the prudent wager right now. I do have an Economics degree so I'm pretty good with money. I do have my faults like my jar of change. On the surface not a wise investment but the liquidity will come in handy in November when I'm in Lawrence, KS where those tricky credit card machines are few and far between. Hey, I don't mind going old school once in a while.

#1969738 - 08/14/14 12:28 AM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
Original AFH Gangsta

Ok sporto, talking crap on how the Nachos are going to take my team down but you won't make a straight up bet. Heck Of am feeling generous and will give you the spread for 20 or 50. So are you feeling lucky punk... Are you? Lol

#1969739 - 08/14/14 12:29 AM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
Original AFH Gangsta

Ok sporto, talking crap on how the Nachos are going to take my team down but you won't make a straight up bet. Heck Of am feeling generous and will give you the spread for 20 or 50. So are you feeling lucky punk... Are you? Lol

#1969740 - 08/14/14 12:30 AM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
Original AFH Gangsta

That's,so nice I posted it twice.

#1969751 - 08/14/14 10:08 AM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: chiefstinkyfinger
Hmmmm, a pick'em wager Gauchos @ Jayhawks. I think if I wager the game with my "Gaming Advisor" (Bookie is so 2005) and I take UCSB straight up (ML/Money Line) over Kansas, I'll get UCSB +700. What that means is if I wager One Waffle House breakfast on UCSB over Kansas, the house will pay me at least 7 Waffle House meals if UCSB wins. Not too shabby, right? I'm not dodging your bet Gusher but I don't think its the prudent wager right now. I do have an Economics degree so I'm pretty good with money. I do have my faults like my jar of change. On the surface not a wise investment but the liquidity will come in handy in November when I'm in Lawrence, KS where those tricky credit card machines are few and far between. Hey, I don't mind going old school once in a while.

Make sure you get the microwaved cheese whiz on those nachos at the WW place. Better than the microwaved pizza-it can be overdone.

#1969763 - 08/14/14 12:40 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Max Falkenstien

Gusher,

Very kind of you Gusher, I'll be up for a small wager when the number comes out Thursday Night. We'll confirm here before tip, OK? I'll need to get your PO Box in case I lose. I imagine the tornados keep any of you good folk from having outside mail boxes, right? Probably very dangerous those things twirling in the air at 120 mph + with a sharp post at the bottom. Have you heard of Paypal? I don't want to confuse you so we'll chat later.

Don't be too ashamed of your double post, lost of people with stuttering problems turn out successful. Bill Walton, Ron Harper to name a couple. I'm no Speech Pathologist but I'd just recommend slowing down a little.

Microwave cheese whiz or pizza doesn't sound very yummy Gusher. If the food sucks at the Wheel, I'm paying in unrolled pennies. I can be a meanie at times too...

Edited by chiefstinkyfinger (08/14/14 12:45 PM)

#1969764 - 08/14/14 01:36 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Gusher,

Don't be too ashamed of your double post, lost of people with stuttering problems turn out successful. Bill Walton, Ron Harper to name a couple. I'm no Speech Pathologist but I'd just recommend slowing down a little.

Microwave cheese whiz on your nachos or pizza doesn't sound very yummy Gusher. If the food sucks at the Wheel, I'm paying in unrolled pennies. I can be a meanie at times too...

I know gusher has stuttering issues, but you have some reading comprehension issues. Don't worry, the folks runnin the Wheel make the food special for outsiders. Are you landing at Lawrence airport or maybe some regional (Oskaloosa) airport for the game? You seem fixated on food, especially breakfast. Hit the truck stop at Teepee Junction. Don't confuse it with Petticoat Junction in Iowa.

#1969778 - 08/14/14 05:19 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
Astronaut Offline
Deep Thinker

Loc: Wherever Deep Thinkers gather
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
The guy from California seems very nice. Let's not tell him about Johnny's North ok.
I can just imagine a good KS trivia night, OK Jayhawks, what was former football Coach Magino's bra size? How many notches are in Charlie Weis' belt?

Sand, Cerveza, Gauchos!

Stinky

Try these, War Hero!

1. What's a TA50?

2. What's a light bird?

3. What's DEROS?

#1969782 - 08/14/14 07:04 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
Original AFH Gangsta

Mama sez..mama sez...mama sez oh shoot ,the Gachos is da devil. Hey me and Self has uh uh uh ...uh...uh...a common malady.

#1969786 - 08/14/14 08:06 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: Astronaut]
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: Astronaut
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
The guy from California seems very nice. Let's not tell him about Johnny's North ok.
I can just imagine a good KS trivia night, OK Jayhawks, what was former football Coach Magino's bra size? How many notches are in Charlie Weis' belt?

Sand, Cerveza, Gauchos!

Stinky

Try these, War Hero!

1. What's a TA50?

2. What's a light bird?

3. What's DEROS?

Fiddle sticks, I went 0-3! I guess I'm not very good at KS trivia. Do chicks show up for these events? Isn't that the point? Get girls out mid week, get them a little liquored up, and go for the close before 2300 hours. Not sure any girls would come out for these questions but I'm sure a bar filled with a bunch of short haired, polite, army gear wearing ROTC folk is fun (Heavy sarcasm, wink, wink).

Our trip to KS is about basketball and making great memories. We've beaten UNLV in Vegas three straight times and I cherish all those memories. I bet UCSB last year at +1100 so my trip was free. A few years earlier we beat UNLV and the money line paid +1400. That was the night the Cosmopolitan Hotel had their grand opening. I don't know why I even got a room. I played thru the whole night and took the 7:00AM flight to Oakland for a work meeting. Closed that deal red eyes and all. I've had a few disappointing trips like our trips to UNC where we didn't play well. We got crushed both games but I had a blast both nights in Chapel Hill. I guess my point is I'm going to see your famous venue, my team, and hopefully an upset for the ages. If we fall short our crew is still going to have a blast before and after. Take in some Lawrence, KS but likely miss Santa Barbara, CA.

You all seem very nice. Get coach Self to come out West and play us in Santa Barbara. LA is about 90 minutes away; a great place to recruit even without a single Waffle House.

We have a long way to go before Nov. 14th but you're our first game so that's why I keep showing up here. Only about 91 more days of me.

Your Pal,

Stinky

#1969787 - 08/14/14 08:22 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
Original AFH Gangsta

The Village People will come out of obscurity and make a new video/song concerning your team..."I'm a Gaucho Gaucho man, I just want to do a Gaucho man"....lol. Any amount of money sucka. no boolsheat straight line Vegas crap. The spread and nothing else. Can you handle it.

#1969811 - 08/15/14 11:31 AM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Max Falkenstien

I can handle wager Gusher.

Since you're such a Village People fan I bet you heard Weird Al Yankovic's YMCA parity song, right?

Young Phog, there's no need to feel down
I said young Phog, pick yourself off the ground
I said young Phog, 'there's a new team in town
Aways Trivia & Cajun Night to make us happy

Young Phog, there's a place you can go
I said young Phog, when there's no tornado
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
At Waffle House you'll have such a good time

It sucks to lose at home to U-C-S-B,
it sucks to lose to U-C-S-B,
They have everything there is to enjoy
so sulk and drink with Stinky & his boys

It sucks to lose at home to U-C-S-B
It sucks to lose to U-C-S-B

#1969821 - 08/15/14 01:15 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
Original AFH Gangsta

As I tell all flaming fans of flash in the pan teams. Even if your team plays the best game of the year like San Diego St did last yr and eek out a 3 pt win at the Phog. That will be Self's 10th loss in his 12th season at AFH.

What is the Nachos home record in the last 11 seasons. Far more than 9 losses I almost sure of and I wont even bother to look it up. Jayhawk basketball is eternal with tradition and greatness and has/will endure the trials of time. But you little fellas just can keep trying I guess.

#1969822 - 08/15/14 01:25 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
Original AFH Gangsta

Lol...looked up the Nachos past several yr records. They ended up last season's campaign with 10 losses just like the Jayhawks who had a far superior schedule. The year before the Nachos lost 20 games against a weak schedule, hell that's more than Self has lost in the last 4 seasons combined.

Page 5 of 116 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 115 116 >

Preview