lonestarjayhawk Offline
Luke 23:34

Loc: Crawford TX
I do.

#1978298 - 11/14/14 06:48 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Keep it... Might save your life in trade later tonight if The Goowhoos pull out the W.

#1978299 - 11/14/14 06:50 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Chills yet stinky. You know you are feeling them.

#1978311 - 11/14/14 09:08 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
lonestarjayhawk Offline

Do we hear from Stinky ever again?

#1978312 - 11/14/14 09:17 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

No...most likely I won't and if I do he will claim the refs gave the game to KU. Hey I will give his boys some cred they kept it close and played good. Losing by 10 at AFH is something to be proud of. A lot of sloppy bball early by all teams except Duke. But they played an Emporia State kind of team so there's that. Gauchos going to win 20 plus easily this yr.

#1978315 - 11/14/14 09:44 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
lonestarjayhawk Offline

I think they will beat FGCU and are a toss-up with SMU

#1978318 - 11/15/14 08:04 AM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Guess Stinky left town licking his wounds. By far the longest time he has gone without posting. Still hope he had a great time in Lawrence, I don't believe he is going to the football game today like he claimed. So. Cali sitting in 20 degree cold with snow, hell that would kill him most likely.

Edited by PHOGUSHER (11/15/14 08:05 AM)

#1978322 - 11/15/14 10:13 AM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: PHOGUSHER]
gauchosean Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: So Cal
Last I saw Chief he was having a good time in downtown Lawrence drinking beers with fellow Gauchos and being treated quite well by the KU fans. I am sure he will be back to say goodbye.

Have to admit feel a little homered by the refs but at the end of the night very happy with the effort our boys put in. A few seemed a little overwhelmed by the moment. And just didn't knock down the open shots.

Much respect to the Fieldhouse and the great KU fans. As a college hoops fan I can't imagine a better environment to attend a game. Had a wonderful time and am very happy I made the trip. Good luck the rest of the way!

Go Gauchos!

Edited by gauchosean (11/15/14 10:14 AM)

#1978325 - 11/15/14 10:24 AM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Fair enough. KU missed alot of bunnies or they might of won by 20. As far as the refs are concerned that sometimes happens when your team plays on the road. Your team is legit, will definitely make the tournament. Glad you and stink had a good time.. Now ya got to admit KU, Lawrence, and of course AFH is pretty sweet. Fortunately not like the rest of Kansas.

#1978336 - 11/15/14 02:50 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
Astronaut Offline
Deep Thinker

Loc: Wherever Deep Thinkers gather
Originally Posted By: chiefstinkyfinger
It figures, best place to eat ribs in Kansas....Oklahoma Joes. A fricking gas station.
Okie Joe's is for pussies who don't dare drive to 1727 Brooklyn.

That would be you.

#1978338 - 11/15/14 02:54 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: gauchosean]
Astronaut Offline
Deep Thinker

Loc: Wherever Deep Thinkers gather
Originally Posted By: gauchosean
Have to admit feel a little homered by the refs...

Just admit you're a MethZoo troll.

BTW, your team lost to UMKC at the Plaige.

#1978345 - 11/15/14 04:11 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
Gauchofreg Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Good game Hawks. Well, good game for a first-game-of-the-season game. Both teams were a little clunky out there but I thought both really competed and played hard on the defensive end.
HCBS must give a hell of a half-time speech. You can tell he went to his guys at the break and reminded them how important basketball is to the Kansas community and how much money has been invested in the program. Because in the second half the referees called the game the Rock-Chalk Jayhawk way.
Granted, the Kansas guards were more aggressive and earned a greater share of the calls, but not nearly to the extent it was called. After the game, even KU fans were telling us that we got homered. KU outscored UCSB at the line by 14. I think with neutral refs they still would have won but it would have been closer. Also, if these teams play in February, after your fab frosh have more time to learn the system, that becomes a much tougher matchup for UCSB and any other foe.

Allen Fieldhouse is incredible and I am absolutely stoked I made the trip to see this place. We got there 45 minutes early to check out all the exhibits and take pics. The KU fans were nothing but welcoming and gracious, even the student section left us alone. It certainly did get loud a couple times but I was surprised that the noise & energy level wasn't sustained, only a couple bursts during the runs. The crowd at San Diego State is far more raucous with much more stamina. Not sure if Kansas is paying a return trip for your game with them last season but I strongly recommend making that trip if they do. SDSU and Gonzaga provide the best college hoops environments on the west coast and SDSU's Viejas Arena is the nicest of the modern hoops facilities I've been to.

Lawrence is a quintessential college town with great little bars and restaurants. We never made it to the Wheel but downed some nice local beers at the Red Lyon and Dempsey's, among others. I can see how it would have been a great place to have gone to school and be a proud alum.

I came away from this game very impressed with Coach Self. The kids play very hard for him and are very committed on the defensive end. I think they'll come up short to Kentucky this time around but could very well pull a run like Kentucky did in March.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the way. Phogger, take that beer you owe me and give it to Astro Boy, he needs it. Perhaps it will spark a bit of creativity on his part instead of his same ol 'schtick.

Edited by Gauchofreg (11/15/14 04:12 PM)

#1978348 - 11/15/14 04:49 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Yes Astro has let me down with his responses on this thread. Glad you had a good time. If you don't think the crowd kept the loudness up I can believe it.. We have been so good for so long it's hard to be the best year after year. Winning is relatively new for the Aztecs hence the enthusiasm. Also first game vs non con,come back for a conference game. Non stop insanity during those. Didn't make the football game ehhh, did Stinky if not too . It's a good one,TCU just now grabbed the lead starting the 4th quarter.

#1978349 - 11/15/14 04:56 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Gauchofreg Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Yes Astro has let me down with his responses on this thread. Glad you had a good time. If you don't think the crowd kept the loudness up I can believe it.. We have been so good for so long it's hard to be the best year after year. Winning is relatively new for the Aztecs hence the enthusiasm. Also first game vs non con,come back for a conference game. Non stop insanity during those. Didn't make the football game ehhh, did Stinky if not too . It's a good one,TCU just now grabbed the lead starting the 4th quarter.

I'm back home in sunny & warm San Diego. Saw that surprising score but TCU is on a run. See if you guys can shock the world and knock 'em off. Then it is ok for your students to go to work on the goal posts.

Page 114 of 116 < 1 2 ... 112 113 114 115 116 >

Preview