Page 1 of 116 1 2 3 ... 115 116 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1968646 - 07/24/14 10:41 PM Hey Guys!!
chiefstinkyfinger Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
I’m so pumped for my first trip to Allan Fieldhouse! It’s been at the top of my bucket list for a long, long, time. The Jayhawks vs. my Gauchos to open the college basketball season Friday November 14th, I can’t wait! May I please ask you kind Midwest folk a few questions? We booked a room at The Oread Hotel long ago, is that place any good? It looks beautiful and somewhat historic on the website but is it structurally sound? Are there bathrooms in the basement when the tornado's hit? I’ll probably be liquored up most the time I’m in KS and I do have a small bladder. We’re only staying two days and want to take in as much of the culture as possible. Does The Waffle House take reservations more than 30 days out? Which Sonic is less crowded in Lawrence, the one on West 6th or North 3rd? Those two guys in those commercials really crack me up. When did they graduate from KU?

Our Gaucho contingency will probably stand out a little in Lawrence wearing UCSB gear. That’s cool, right? I mean, it’s just a non-conference basketball game. No hard feeling before or after, right? You go Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk, we go Sand, Cerveza, Gaucho. I’m sure glad Wiggins and that hurt guy are gone from your roster. I know you Jayhawks pretty much reload year after year but you’re going to face an experience, veteran team led by Alan Williams, Michael Bryson and Z Harmon. I’m hoping you go into the game as the top ranked college basketball team in the nation. The last time Kansas was top ranked and played a Big West school at home you lost to Long Beach State 64-49. I admit, a while back but that’s your Stat of the Day! Roy Williams coached that Kansas team. I bet you’re glad he left. What a fraud he turned out to be; I believe Rashad McCants 100% over what Roy says about all those A-'s he rec'd.

I’ll thank you all in advance for any tips or suggestions for our November trip. Does Paul Rudd or any other famous UK Alum ever come out to basketball games? That tubo Charlie Weis won’t be there, will he? I can’t look at him; the fat around and under his belt line is disgusting. What a poor example of health to your fine student body.

First round of drinks is gladly on me if we cross paths during our November stay.

Sand, Cerveza, Gaucho! Your pal,

Stinky

#1968648 - 07/25/14 10:41 AM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
Surly Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Pure Kansas
Dude, be ready for a beat-down. And wear your gear. No issue. People here will think you're a visiting high school from western Kansas. Enjoy Lawrence.

#1968653 - 07/25/14 11:25 AM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
The Oread Hotel is new, but close to campus. You should walk on over to The Wheel and get a bite and a drink there. It's a fun atmosphere and was voted one of the best college bars in America.

http://www.delish.com/food-fun/wagon-whe...om=fbp#slide-13

#1968658 - 07/25/14 12:17 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Last time I went to the Wheel and purchased a blue tee shirt with their logo on it. Still was fun many years after I left Lawrence. Don't tell the guy it is a cash only place...

#1968659 - 07/25/14 12:43 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: Surly]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: 23rd Street Brewery
Originally Posted By: Surly
Dude, be ready for a beat-down. And wear your gear. No issue. People here will think you're a visiting high school from western Kansas. Enjoy Lawrence.

His post kinda made it sound like he was a troll from western KS.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#1968661 - 07/25/14 01:18 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
lonestarjayhawk Offline
Luke 23:34

Loc: Crawford TX
Wait a minute...their mascot is a pair of long women shorts?

#1968674 - 07/25/14 03:45 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
No their mascot is capris pants not shorts. Everybody knows that.

#1968675 - 07/25/14 04:03 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
Astronaut Offline
Deep Thinker

Loc: Wherever Deep Thinkers gather
Originally Posted By: chiefstinkyfinger
I’m so pumped for my first trip to Allan Fieldhouse! It’s been at the top of my bucket list for a long, long, time. The Jayhawks vs. my Gauchos to open the college basketball season Friday November 14th, I can’t wait! May I please ask you kind Midwest folk a few questions? We booked a room at The Oread Hotel long ago, is that place any good? It looks beautiful and somewhat historic on the website but is it structurally sound? Are there bathrooms in the basement when the tornado's hit? I’ll probably be liquored up most the time I’m in KS and I do have a small bladder. We’re only staying two days and want to take in as much of the culture as possible. Does The Waffle House take reservations more than 30 days out? Which Sonic is less crowded in Lawrence, the one on West 6th or North 3rd? Those two guys in those commercials really crack me up. When did they graduate from KU?

Our Gaucho contingency will probably stand out a little in Lawrence wearing UCSB gear. That’s cool, right? I mean, it’s just a non-conference basketball game. No hard feeling before or after, right? You go Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk, we go Sand, Cerveza, Gaucho. I’m sure glad Wiggins and that hurt guy are gone from your roster. I know you Jayhawks pretty much reload year after year but you’re going to face an experience, veteran team led by Alan Williams, Michael Bryson and Z Harmon. I’m hoping you go into the game as the top ranked college basketball team in the nation. The last time Kansas was top ranked and played a Big West school at home you lost to Long Beach State 64-49. I admit, a while back but that’s your Stat of the Day! Roy Williams coached that Kansas team. I bet you’re glad he left. What a fraud he turned out to be; I believe Rashad McCants 100% over what Roy says about all those A-'s he rec'd.

I’ll thank you all in advance for any tips or suggestions for our November trip. Does Paul Rudd or any other famous UK Alum ever come out to basketball games? That tubo Charlie Weis won’t be there, will he? I can’t look at him; the fat around and under his belt line is disgusting. What a poor example of health to your fine student body.

First round of drinks is gladly on me if we cross paths during our November stay.

Sand, Cerveza, Gaucho! Your pal,

Stinky
UC Santa Barbara?

Isn't that the state school for rich potheads who never had a prayer of getting admitted to Berkely or UCLA, like kids who can't form the plural of tornado?

Edited by Astronaut (07/25/14 04:08 PM)
Edit Reason: Vega's a dbag

#1968682 - 07/25/14 04:38 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Pay that Cali dude no nevermind, most likely Jim West with a fake moniker. Just here to troll with his Sonic and Wafflehouse comments. Screw that clown, his Slugs/Gauchos(which is the gay version of cowboys in Argentina) will lose at AFH and lose big time. I will spot that suck 10 pts for a C note. He will be too cowardly to take that bet.

#1968700 - 07/25/14 06:24 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Astronaut Offline
Deep Thinker

Loc: Wherever Deep Thinkers gather
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Pay that Cali dude no nevermind, most likely Jim West with a fake moniker. Just here to troll with his Sonic and Wafflehouse comments. Screw that clown, his Slugs/Gauchos(which is the gay version of cowboys in Argentina) will lose at AFH and lose big time. I will spot that suck 10 pts for a C note. He will be too cowardly to take that bet.
GMAFB!

Jim West tips a C note at lunch. At Waffle House.

Edited by Astronaut (07/25/14 06:24 PM)
Edit Reason: Vega's a dbag

#1968705 - 07/25/14 08:20 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Well I guess he won't mind losing a C note on that game then, nomesayin.

#1968706 - 07/25/14 08:47 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: namohcan_99]
chiefstinkyfinger Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA
Thanks Namo, I think we'll at least stop in the Wheel. I'm not Jim, from W Kansas or a troll. I think the trolls are in San Diego for Comic Con this week. That's not my thing.

Will a C note get me the best table at Waffle House?

#1968710 - 07/25/14 11:00 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: KUCO_VOC]
lonestarjayhawk Offline
Luke 23:34

Loc: Crawford TX
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
No their mascot is capris pants not shorts. Everybody knows that.

I have always been a little concerned about you, now it is confirmed...

#1968711 - 07/25/14 11:37 PM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
hwtan Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Remember to bring ear plugs or some kind of ear protection gear when you are in Alan Field House watching the game. The house will be about 90-100 dB for 2 to 3 hours, which is enough to cause permanent damage to hearing.

Other than that, hope you enjoy your stay in Lawrence.

#1968714 - 07/26/14 12:28 AM Re: Hey Guys!! [Re: chiefstinkyfinger]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Hey chiefstinkycrotch there are no frigging Waffle Houses in Lawrence. There are a few in KC however. Again the Nachos will lose.

Page 1 of 116 1 2 3 ... 115 116 >

Preview