Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1962336 - 03/18/14 03:18 PM new k-state wbb coach is ...
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn

#1962346 - 03/18/14 05:51 PM Re: new k-state wbb coach is ... [Re: tmcats]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
He took a lateral step as far as program, and a giant step backward as far as location.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#1962350 - 03/18/14 06:37 PM Re: new k-state wbb coach is ... [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Winning % going down each place he's been.

#1962380 - 03/19/14 03:33 PM Re: new k-state wbb coach is ... [Re: tmcats]
onlyoneUinKansas Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Oklahoma(Kansas is much better...
Been some out of left field hires in the day but this one is odd. At one time I wanted Mittie to be coach but I-35 incident happened and well...

Figured we'd see what he was made out of in the Big 12 and hasn't been impressive.

TM was Deb just worn out or what?

#1962396 - 03/20/14 09:39 AM Re: new k-state wbb coach is ... [Re: onlyoneUinKansas]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: onlyoneUinKansas
Been some out of left field hires in the day but this one is odd. At one time I wanted Mittie to be coach but I-35 incident happened and well...

Figured we'd see what he was made out of in the Big 12 and hasn't been impressive.

deb was unpopular with a lot of fans. the team was trending down the last several years. she ran off too many good players, like paola's taelor kerr who went on to be league mvp at gonzaga. her in-state recruiting was suddenly bad. she started losing to ku, finished 30-10. and she probably didn't get along with john currie, which is huge mistake if indeed the case.

mittie seems like a repeat-weber hire to me. solid guy. experienced. fits the culture down here, which deb did not, at least for some. and a rock solid coaching record, turning teams around quickly and going to post-season. doesn't need to change his wardrobe much either.

i have great respect for currie's judgment. he's a lights-out a.d.

k-state personality

Edited by tmcats (03/20/14 10:40 AM)

#1962411 - 03/20/14 02:08 PM Re: new k-state wbb coach is ... [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

He turns the lights out?

#1963462 - 04/03/14 09:34 PM Re: new k-state wbb coach is ... [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

But can he talk higher than Squeaky?

#1966378 - 05/31/14 02:18 PM Re: new k-state wbb coach is ... [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

.. more manly than Liberace squeeky.

#1981780 - 01/12/15 08:51 AM Re: new k-state wbb coach is ... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

is now 1-0 v. ku.

#1982010 - 01/14/15 06:50 PM Re: new k-state wbb coach is ... [Re: onlyoneUinKansas]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather

Deb finally wore out her welcome.

Her refusal to recruit quality black athletes caught up with her. Once Bonnie started beating her, it was all over.

She was a very petty person. Kendra Wecker ever get her Player of the Year award, or did Deb still refuse to give it to her when she left?

She is a lesbian, but discriminated against her players if she found out they were also lesbians.

She allowed her political (extremist) views to influence her program, how she recruited and how she treated the personnel in her program.

Good riddance Deb.

#1982035 - 01/15/15 10:10 AM Re: new k-state wbb coach is ... [Re: jahawker2004]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: jahawker2004

Deb finally wore out her welcome.

Her refusal to recruit quality black athletes caught up with her. Once Bonnie started beating her, it was all over.

She was a very petty person. Kendra Wecker ever get her Player of the Year award, or did Deb still refuse to give it to her when she left?

She is a lesbian, but discriminated against her players if she found out they were also lesbians.

She allowed her political (extremist) views to influence her program, how she recruited and how she treated the personnel in her program.

Good riddance Deb.

Kendra Wecker's jersey is hanging from the rafters at Bramlage. The highest of honors, so to speak.

As for Deb, I thought she never adopted to changes in the game, and, yes, got all caught up in herself and other stuff that had nothing to do with winning basketball. As a result, she went from a strong, championship program to a loser. Today, she's an assistant at Northern Colorado; probably fits her abilities.

#1982064 - 01/15/15 06:04 PM Re: new k-state wbb coach is ... [Re: tmcats]
Walter_Sobchak Offline
Dickhead Moderator

Loc: The Bowling Alley

Preview