Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1958104 - 01/03/14 12:09 PM Royals Transaction
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Norichika Aoki to Kansas City Royals for LHP Will Smith.

Very dumb. Player on the decline of his prime for young prospect. How many outfielders with little speed, no hitting ability, and no home run powers do we really need on the Royals? They tend to hit .250 when you place them at lead-off.

I liked the Omar Infante pick up. Colon is not ready and you know Daton is pretending to be a General Manager and doing the same thing everyone else in the league does but trying to extend the prospects year of when the hit F/A and Arbitration eligibility. If the guy cannot play, cut him. Get your prospects in the league like Johnny Damon and Beltran and if they can play, awesome. Forget about Atlanta Brave Cliff Notes for Dummy policy and procedures.

I said it last year and I'll say it again. Trade Salvador Perez and Billy Butler while you can get some quality ready now prospects before their decline.

#1958765 - 01/16/14 01:25 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Lawrence
Getting Aoki is a great move. I'm really confused as to how you wouldn't be in favor of this? Also, how do you figure he is on his decline? He has played 2 seasons in the MLB and has posted damn near identical numbers in those 2 years.

The guy has posted a 6.5 WAR over a 2 year span. He consistently gets on base at a .355 clip, which is by far a better tool for gauging "value" than batting average (he has hit .287 in 2 years). This is especially true of a lead-off man, which is what he did in Milwaukee over the past 2 seasons. So your blind assumption that he will be in the same boat as a Dyson/Maxwell/Lough just comes off as either laziness or blatant ignorance. Moore did exactly what he needed to do. He was able to acquire a quality RF while filling the leadoff slot and, in turn, enabling Gordon to slot into a better run producing role. Therefore, more guys on base + better hitters hitting behind them = more runs. It really is just that simple.

As for trading the best catcher in the American League. No. Just stop. Especially considering that he is currently under a 5 year 7 million (TOTAL, not per year) contract through 2016 with team options through 2019. I honestly cannot think of a player in the game that I would trade Salvador and his contract for straight up. I am baffled that any could ever have that take as a fan of this team. You better become a fan of Salvador because barring any serious injury, he will be here for a long time.

#1958766 - 01/16/14 01:33 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Lawrence
Sorry, I would take Trout. Didn't realize club control could be had through 2018.

#1958778 - 01/16/14 11:15 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: tyler]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Originally Posted By: tyler
Getting Aoki is a great move. I'm really confused as to how you wouldn't be in favor of this? Also, how do you figure he is on his decline? He has played 2 seasons in the MLB and has posted damn near identical numbers in those 2 years.

The guy has posted a 6.5 WAR over a 2 year span. He consistently gets on base at a .355 clip, which is by far a better tool for gauging "value" than batting average (he has hit .287 in 2 years). This is especially true of a lead-off man, which is what he did in Milwaukee over the past 2 seasons. So your blind assumption that he will be in the same boat as a Dyson/Maxwell/Lough just comes off as either laziness or blatant ignorance. Moore did exactly what he needed to do. He was able to acquire a quality RF while filling the leadoff slot and, in turn, enabling Gordon to slot into a better run producing role. Therefore, more guys on base + better hitters hitting behind them = more runs. It really is just that simple.

As for trading the best catcher in the American League. No. Just stop. Especially considering that he is currently under a 5 year 7 million (TOTAL, not per year) contract through 2016 with team options through 2019. I honestly cannot think of a player in the game that I would trade Salvador and his contract for straight up. I am baffled that any could ever have that take as a fan of this team. You better become a fan of Salvador because barring any serious injury, he will be here for a long time.

I completely agree with this about Salvy. No way we should trade him for anyone given the contract he is under. Best catcher in baseball in my opinion...definitely in the AL at this point.

Go Hawks!

DC

#1968829 - 07/28/14 07:41 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Will Smith is having a fine year.

54 Games
W-1 L-2
ERA 3.00
K-65
BB- 21

Only 25 years old and a lefty. I place premiums of left handler.

6'5 and 250. That is arm strength and physical ability to have a long career in the Majors. IMO

In order to get value, you have to give up some value, and I think Trade Salvador Perez is at his career highs.

Anyone else think Billy Butler season was just a bad year? Too late to trade him for a All-Star quality. Most likely a average starting major player, which doesn't improve the ball club.

It all about timing.

#1968951 - 07/31/14 10:01 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Shields trade watch is on. Dayton will more than likely get a Zack Greinke deal for 3 or 4 no thrill players who will amount to nothing at the MLB level.

Dayton's value target should be a 5 star All-Star player and a 4 star player who is above major league average hype but will probably perform as an average major leaguer.

I'd like to see a SP and a position player from the deal. If the Royals have to give up one of their scrub starter, I would do it in a heart beat.

Detroit Trade Targets
SS Willy Adames
SP Robbie Ray

Maybe swing 3B Nick Castellanos in the deal but Dayton shoudl be a hardliner for the first two with Detroit.

Seattle Trade Targets
SP Taijuan Walker
3B D.J. Peterson

Washington Trade Targets

SP Lucas Giolito
OF Michael Taylor

I would trade for Dylan Bundy in a heart beat. Stephen Strasburg type of thing.

#1969071 - 08/01/14 06:10 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
They didn't do anything, hence goes their playoff chances. The hinterland flat land fans have accepted mediocrity so long as in a 29 year stretch with no playoff appearance, what's another few years. yes I blame the fans for this. ALL OTHER MLB TEAMS HAVE BEEN IN THE PLAYOFFS AT LEAST ONCE SINCE THE ROYALS. That's pathetic.

#1969088 - 08/02/14 10:36 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Yea, no playoff since a World Series Title over 20 years ago is not acceptable. My thought on David Glass, and other journalist agree, is that he was trying to get the MLB commissioner to change up baseball rules more for the small market team but with Oakland's, Minnesota, and Pittsburgh success his Wall-mart approach on Billionaire owners backfired.

Obviously not having an owner after Kaufman dies hurt the Royals franchise, setting them back at least 10 years, and the tight wad owner is never going to do well, nor has an expertise of hiring or managing General Managers. The "lets get a Atlanta Brave executive" was so 90's and he is behind the time as everyone else adapted.

For come comic relief. What would happen if you could pitch against yourself?

#1969207 - 08/05/14 10:12 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Been analyzing Dayton's trades this year and the Royal transactions. A lot of injured players with the same reoccurring problems.

Coaches are mismanaging players in the minor and the majors and over playing players. Muscles need nutrition and rest. I suspect neither are happening, nor to players help themselves by limiting alcohol or clubbing too much during the season.

Ryan Stoneberg resume for a "Strength and Condition"coach for the Royal's organization is simply not good enough. It's his job to prevent injuries.

[url=http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/kc/team/exec_bios/stoneberg_ryan.jsp][/url]

Ryan Stoneberg returns for his 12th season with the Royals and his second as Major League strength and conditioning coach. He served the previous five seasons as minor league strength and conditioning coordinator, and the five seasons prior as Latin America strength and conditioning coordinator. His current duties include coordinating all strength and conditioning activities across both the major and minor leagues of the organization.

Stoneberg joined the Royals from the Diamondbacks organization, where he served as a minor league strength and conditioning coach from 1999-2001. He earned his bachelor's of science in physiological sciences from the University of Arizona in 1999, while pitching for the Wildcat baseball team. Stoneberg also played baseball and received an associate of arts and associate of math and science degrees from Lassen Community College in 1996.

#1969726 - 08/13/14 06:01 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Royals playing solid. Actual a playoff contender with a more than favorable schedule remaining...30 games with teams under .500. I am now putting Royals total wins at 91/92 which is more than good enough.

Exciting times at the K, I am going for the matinee finale tomorrow vs Oakland. Big Game James on the bump, who is with me I will meet ya at the Miller Lite Fountain Bar.

#1969737 - 08/14/14 12:23 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Oh I will even buy the first round of beers. I said first round only.. lol

#1969785 - 08/14/14 07:22 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Guess no one wanted a free beer, that was ok. That meant more for me at a beautiful day at the K and another Royals win.

#1969798 - 08/15/14 09:45 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: Maximus
Norichika Aoki to Kansas City Royals for LHP Will Smith.

Very dumb. Player on the decline of his prime for young prospect. How many outfielders with little speed, no hitting ability, and no home run powers do we really need on the Royals? They tend to hit .250 when you place them at lead-off.

I liked the Omar Infante pick up. Colon is not ready and you know Daton is pretending to be a General Manager and doing the same thing everyone else in the league does but trying to extend the prospects year of when the hit F/A and Arbitration eligibility. If the guy cannot play, cut him. Get your prospects in the league like Johnny Damon and Beltran and if they can play, awesome. Forget about Atlanta Brave Cliff Notes for Dummy policy and procedures.

I said it last year and I'll say it again. Trade Salvador Perez and Billy Butler while you can get some quality ready now prospects before their decline.

Man this post from ole MaxeyPad is looking pretty stupid about now...Aoki..Butler are solid contributors in this current hot streak and trade Salvey....wut the hell. Royals are in it to win it.

#1969838 - 08/15/14 04:02 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Yea, cannot say I am that bright, but I don't mind being played the fool.

#1969869 - 08/15/14 10:10 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Just messing with you.. The boys in blue are hot, looks like another W tonight. Holland been a bit off lately.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

Preview