Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1958104 - 01/03/14 12:09 PM Royals Transaction
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Norichika Aoki to Kansas City Royals for LHP Will Smith.

Very dumb. Player on the decline of his prime for young prospect. How many outfielders with little speed, no hitting ability, and no home run powers do we really need on the Royals? They tend to hit .250 when you place them at lead-off.

I liked the Omar Infante pick up. Colon is not ready and you know Daton is pretending to be a General Manager and doing the same thing everyone else in the league does but trying to extend the prospects year of when the hit F/A and Arbitration eligibility. If the guy cannot play, cut him. Get your prospects in the league like Johnny Damon and Beltran and if they can play, awesome. Forget about Atlanta Brave Cliff Notes for Dummy policy and procedures.

I said it last year and I'll say it again. Trade Salvador Perez and Billy Butler while you can get some quality ready now prospects before their decline.

#1958765 - 01/16/14 01:25 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Lawrence
Getting Aoki is a great move. I'm really confused as to how you wouldn't be in favor of this? Also, how do you figure he is on his decline? He has played 2 seasons in the MLB and has posted damn near identical numbers in those 2 years.

The guy has posted a 6.5 WAR over a 2 year span. He consistently gets on base at a .355 clip, which is by far a better tool for gauging "value" than batting average (he has hit .287 in 2 years). This is especially true of a lead-off man, which is what he did in Milwaukee over the past 2 seasons. So your blind assumption that he will be in the same boat as a Dyson/Maxwell/Lough just comes off as either laziness or blatant ignorance. Moore did exactly what he needed to do. He was able to acquire a quality RF while filling the leadoff slot and, in turn, enabling Gordon to slot into a better run producing role. Therefore, more guys on base + better hitters hitting behind them = more runs. It really is just that simple.

As for trading the best catcher in the American League. No. Just stop. Especially considering that he is currently under a 5 year 7 million (TOTAL, not per year) contract through 2016 with team options through 2019. I honestly cannot think of a player in the game that I would trade Salvador and his contract for straight up. I am baffled that any could ever have that take as a fan of this team. You better become a fan of Salvador because barring any serious injury, he will be here for a long time.

#1958766 - 01/16/14 01:33 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

Sorry, I would take Trout. Didn't realize club control could be had through 2018.

#1958778 - 01/16/14 11:15 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: tyler]
dchawkfan Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Originally Posted By: tyler
Getting Aoki is a great move. I'm really confused as to how you wouldn't be in favor of this? Also, how do you figure he is on his decline? He has played 2 seasons in the MLB and has posted damn near identical numbers in those 2 years.

The guy has posted a 6.5 WAR over a 2 year span. He consistently gets on base at a .355 clip, which is by far a better tool for gauging "value" than batting average (he has hit .287 in 2 years). This is especially true of a lead-off man, which is what he did in Milwaukee over the past 2 seasons. So your blind assumption that he will be in the same boat as a Dyson/Maxwell/Lough just comes off as either laziness or blatant ignorance. Moore did exactly what he needed to do. He was able to acquire a quality RF while filling the leadoff slot and, in turn, enabling Gordon to slot into a better run producing role. Therefore, more guys on base + better hitters hitting behind them = more runs. It really is just that simple.

As for trading the best catcher in the American League. No. Just stop. Especially considering that he is currently under a 5 year 7 million (TOTAL, not per year) contract through 2016 with team options through 2019. I honestly cannot think of a player in the game that I would trade Salvador and his contract for straight up. I am baffled that any could ever have that take as a fan of this team. You better become a fan of Salvador because barring any serious injury, he will be here for a long time.

I completely agree with this about Salvy. No way we should trade him for anyone given the contract he is under. Best catcher in baseball in my opinion...definitely in the AL at this point.

Go Hawks!

DC

#1968829 - 07/28/14 07:41 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Will Smith is having a fine year.

54 Games
W-1 L-2
ERA 3.00
K-65
BB- 21

Only 25 years old and a lefty. I place premiums of left handler.

6'5 and 250. That is arm strength and physical ability to have a long career in the Majors. IMO

In order to get value, you have to give up some value, and I think Trade Salvador Perez is at his career highs.

Anyone else think Billy Butler season was just a bad year? Too late to trade him for a All-Star quality. Most likely a average starting major player, which doesn't improve the ball club.

It all about timing.

#1968951 - 07/31/14 10:01 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Shields trade watch is on. Dayton will more than likely get a Zack Greinke deal for 3 or 4 no thrill players who will amount to nothing at the MLB level.

Dayton's value target should be a 5 star All-Star player and a 4 star player who is above major league average hype but will probably perform as an average major leaguer.

I'd like to see a SP and a position player from the deal. If the Royals have to give up one of their scrub starter, I would do it in a heart beat.

Detroit Trade Targets
SS Willy Adames
SP Robbie Ray

Maybe swing 3B Nick Castellanos in the deal but Dayton shoudl be a hardliner for the first two with Detroit.

Seattle Trade Targets
SP Taijuan Walker
3B D.J. Peterson

Washington Trade Targets

SP Lucas Giolito
OF Michael Taylor

I would trade for Dylan Bundy in a heart beat. Stephen Strasburg type of thing.

#1969071 - 08/01/14 06:10 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
They didn't do anything, hence goes their playoff chances. The hinterland flat land fans have accepted mediocrity so long as in a 29 year stretch with no playoff appearance, what's another few years. yes I blame the fans for this. ALL OTHER MLB TEAMS HAVE BEEN IN THE PLAYOFFS AT LEAST ONCE SINCE THE ROYALS. That's pathetic.

#1969088 - 08/02/14 10:36 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Yea, no playoff since a World Series Title over 20 years ago is not acceptable. My thought on David Glass, and other journalist agree, is that he was trying to get the MLB commissioner to change up baseball rules more for the small market team but with Oakland's, Minnesota, and Pittsburgh success his Wall-mart approach on Billionaire owners backfired.

Obviously not having an owner after Kaufman dies hurt the Royals franchise, setting them back at least 10 years, and the tight wad owner is never going to do well, nor has an expertise of hiring or managing General Managers. The "lets get a Atlanta Brave executive" was so 90's and he is behind the time as everyone else adapted.

For come comic relief. What would happen if you could pitch against yourself?

#1969207 - 08/05/14 10:12 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Been analyzing Dayton's trades this year and the Royal transactions. A lot of injured players with the same reoccurring problems.

Coaches are mismanaging players in the minor and the majors and over playing players. Muscles need nutrition and rest. I suspect neither are happening, nor to players help themselves by limiting alcohol or clubbing too much during the season.

Ryan Stoneberg resume for a "Strength and Condition"coach for the Royal's organization is simply not good enough. It's his job to prevent injuries.

[url=http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/kc/team/exec_bios/stoneberg_ryan.jsp][/url]

Ryan Stoneberg returns for his 12th season with the Royals and his second as Major League strength and conditioning coach. He served the previous five seasons as minor league strength and conditioning coordinator, and the five seasons prior as Latin America strength and conditioning coordinator. His current duties include coordinating all strength and conditioning activities across both the major and minor leagues of the organization.

Stoneberg joined the Royals from the Diamondbacks organization, where he served as a minor league strength and conditioning coach from 1999-2001. He earned his bachelor's of science in physiological sciences from the University of Arizona in 1999, while pitching for the Wildcat baseball team. Stoneberg also played baseball and received an associate of arts and associate of math and science degrees from Lassen Community College in 1996.

#1969726 - 08/13/14 06:01 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Royals playing solid. Actual a playoff contender with a more than favorable schedule remaining...30 games with teams under .500. I am now putting Royals total wins at 91/92 which is more than good enough.

Exciting times at the K, I am going for the matinee finale tomorrow vs Oakland. Big Game James on the bump, who is with me I will meet ya at the Miller Lite Fountain Bar.

#1969737 - 08/14/14 12:23 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Oh I will even buy the first round of beers. I said first round only.. lol

#1969785 - 08/14/14 07:22 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Guess no one wanted a free beer, that was ok. That meant more for me at a beautiful day at the K and another Royals win.

#1969798 - 08/15/14 09:45 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: Maximus
Norichika Aoki to Kansas City Royals for LHP Will Smith.

Very dumb. Player on the decline of his prime for young prospect. How many outfielders with little speed, no hitting ability, and no home run powers do we really need on the Royals? They tend to hit .250 when you place them at lead-off.

I liked the Omar Infante pick up. Colon is not ready and you know Daton is pretending to be a General Manager and doing the same thing everyone else in the league does but trying to extend the prospects year of when the hit F/A and Arbitration eligibility. If the guy cannot play, cut him. Get your prospects in the league like Johnny Damon and Beltran and if they can play, awesome. Forget about Atlanta Brave Cliff Notes for Dummy policy and procedures.

I said it last year and I'll say it again. Trade Salvador Perez and Billy Butler while you can get some quality ready now prospects before their decline.

Man this post from ole MaxeyPad is looking pretty stupid about now...Aoki..Butler are solid contributors in this current hot streak and trade Salvey....wut the hell. Royals are in it to win it.

#1969838 - 08/15/14 04:02 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Yea, cannot say I am that bright, but I don't mind being played the fool.

#1969869 - 08/15/14 10:10 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Just messing with you.. The boys in blue are hot, looks like another W tonight. Holland been a bit off lately.

#1969925 - 08/17/14 10:24 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Well they can't win them all but last night was another example of the team being Yosted or Yosterized, Ventura was struggling and old Ned left him in the 7th when he should have pulled ....Twins score 3 runs..game ova. TheTheis team with the great pitching has proven itself good enough to make the playoffs. Problem is most likely Yost will screw it up with piss poor in game decisions..

#1969962 - 08/18/14 02:16 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Been disliking Dayton Moore performance on the job for a while. A little analysis.....

Drafted- Luke Hochevar

Could have drafted-Evan Longoria, Clayton Kershaw, Tim Lincecum, Max Scherzer, Tyler Colvin, Ian Kennedy

Drafted- Mike Moustakas

Could have drafted- Matt Wieters, Madison Bumgarner, Rick Porcello

Drafted-Eric Hosmer

Could have drafted- Buster Posey, Jason Castro, Gerrit Cole

Drafted- Aaron Crown

Could have drafted- Shelby Miller, Mike Trout

Drafted-Christian Colon

Could have drafted- Matt Harvey, Chris Sale, Christian Yelich

Drafted- Bubba Starling

Could have drafted-Anthony Rendon, Jose Fernandez

2012-
Drafted- Kyle Zimmer

2013-
Drafted-Hunter Dozier

Drafted-Brandon Finnegan

There is no excuse for poor analysis for drafting, as it is the job of the general manager. Washington has a fabulous draft history in the last 6 years and that's why there "small" market teams is competitive and set to be great for the years. That how you transform a franchise.

#1969965 - 08/18/14 03:39 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Certainly missed on some great talent, but even if we got them the Royals wouldnt been able to afford and keep them. Lets just hope for the team we got will make the playoffs promised land. Willingham looks like a good get for essentially nothing. What a bomb he hit out of the yard yesterday. I am confident they will make the playoffs this year.

#1969988 - 08/19/14 09:21 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I wouldn't agree with not being able to afford them. Once a good team is acquired on the cheap on the draft, I think a billion dollar owner will resign a player with higher market value if the team is truly playoff bound.

An owner will forgo some of his profits if it means playoff and a World Series.

#1970000 - 08/19/14 02:07 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Getting ready for tonight's Rockies/Royals at Coors Field. Wearing my Royals stuff of course.

#1970023 - 08/19/14 07:41 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Good man, now find the ginger and knock him out. Unless your are the ginger of course. Hope you have a good time.

#1970041 - 08/20/14 09:10 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Yost 9nth inning pitching experiments have almost backfired on 3 differnent occasions in the last week. Sure the Royals got the wins and that is good. But damn trying to make Crowe or Bueno a closer..not going to work. Why oh why doesn't Yost let Davis pitch both the 8th and 9th. Dude used to be a starter and should be more than able to go 2 innings.

Cant complain how the Royals are doing but it seems like Yost has a "Dummies Guide to Coaching MLB " book and it is his bad decisions that will possibly keep the team out of the playoffs. He did make one good move last night pinch hitting Willingham for Shields...but that's about the only good move I have seen him make in quite awhile.

Its been a fun 2nd half so far, hope they can keep it up. The local long suffering fans deserve it, I just moved back last summer and always had the Braves as my 2nd team since I lived in the ATL between 2005-2012. But it is all now about the boys in blue.....GO ROYALS..

#1970049 - 08/20/14 10:17 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Managers can only do so much but great coaching moves should be expected at the MLB, as it's their job to manager the ball club and not just hand in a starting lineup.

Yoltz can only do so much when Dayton doesn't draft 1 All Star from the first round in 8 years. 0-8 is worst that Mike Moustakas battering average and is looking like Billy Butler's waistline, which is a direct correlation to his wife's beauty.

#1970065 - 08/20/14 04:38 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Don't really get what you are yammering on about. The team is what it is this point in the season. Crying about missed draft opportunities is water under the bridge.. The main storyline is the Royals good enough to make the playoffs this year despite Yost's in game screw ups. I think they are and won't waste a second worrying about past draft misses... In other words GO ROYALS..

#1970066 - 08/20/14 04:40 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

And bringing up Billy's wife looks or lack thereof has got nothing to do with what is happening on the field. Capiche

#1970104 - 08/21/14 08:45 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Hate losing a game like last night basically due to an error. But cant win them all. Get a day's rest and come back strong vs the Rangers. Because Detroit is fired up and will not back down.

#1970161 - 08/21/14 04:34 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Bubba Starlings .218 batting average at A ball.

Royals only have 1 good player in the minor and he wasn't even drafted. Niklas Stephenson hard work, not talent, is why he is having success.

Royals

Edited by Maximus (08/21/14 04:34 PM)

#1970174 - 08/21/14 05:39 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Why do you keep going on about the draft crap. Cant do anything about it now, we go with what we know. If you hate what we have done in the past drafts get on your wagon and start a petition to fire Dayton,Yost, etc. I don't know why you think you need to preach to the choir.

Tampa Bay taking out Price(I love it) and the Tigers today help things out. Also Perez's MRI showed zero structural damage. Wheeewwww...

Edited by PHOGUSHER (08/21/14 05:41 PM)

#1970196 - 08/22/14 09:23 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I will certainly petition to fire Dayton if you could kindly provide me with David Glass's email address.

It doesn't do any good to contact the G.M. who is making the mistakes. The tend to be always in denial of what they did wrong and refuse to make any actions to correct their stupidity.

#1970199 - 08/22/14 09:48 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Then get a banner for a petition to fire Moore and march around Kaufman Stadium for every home game.

You want to blame management..thats fine by me, but I rather blame the local fans that has put up with this crap for almost 30 yrs. I lived out of the area from 82-2013 so I had no say so in it compared to the locals. Its the passive local KC sports fans that should be blamed for accepting mediocrity.

If that crap happen in NYC or Philly someone is getting fired. I was lucky enough to be close to the Braves organization for many yrs after Schuerholz went there from KC. And you know how that went...many yrs of post season play.

#1970267 - 08/22/14 10:53 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You blame the fans? Better to be a long time loyal fan during the hard decades than not support. If the fans don't support the Royals could leave.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they have a lease to the stadium and can leave the city any time, but then who would want a last place team that doesn't win?

#1970271 - 08/23/14 09:24 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

I can partially blame local fans. When the Chief's had their dismal 2-14 season two years ago,the local fans were petitioning demanding change. And guess what the coach and GM was fired and they brought in Andy and Dorsey who improved the win count by 9 games. So yeah the local yokel fans can have a big say so on how things can go with a professional team.

#1970298 - 08/23/14 01:17 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Love it Minnyhaha are slamming the Tigers again today after the double digit beatdown they gave them last night. Cmon sweep the twin bill Twinkies. Yes that has a nice ring to it.

#1970566 - 08/26/14 10:22 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Didn't Arrowhead lower their ticket prices one year, at least in the nose bleed section? That might have created the demand as under King Carl they continued the inflationary ticket rise.

#1972360 - 09/13/14 09:09 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I am starting to believe that Dayton Moore still works for the Atlanta Braves as a mole in the KC Organization. How else can you explain the crazy draft picks and trades. The law of averages of a first round pick should have produced a legitimate All-Star and not someone who was last picked for fan equality-marketing.

I was going to do a Dayton Moore Photoshop as a spy for the Atlanta Braves CIA style, but I have no skills in it and I am too lazy to put forth such an effort that would produce low quality photographic humor.

#1973850 - 09/25/14 09:56 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/33/baseball-valuations-11_Kansas-City-Royals_339113.html

The skinny
Early last season the Royals became the first MLB team to lose 600 games since the start of the 2004 season. The team averaged 97 losses a year from 2004 through 2010. Even though the Royals averaged just 20,191 fans (53% of capacity) per game at Kauffman Stadium in 2010 the team was profitable because it is among the biggest recipients of welfare from the league's richer teams and fielded a modest player payroll ($72 million). The Royals operate their stadium, which had $225 million of taxpayer funded renovations the past three years, for baseball games and their lease permits the team to deduct some maintenance costs from their rent. The Royals are set to see profits soar in 2011 as the final payroll could come in below $40 million. The seven players that made more than $3 million last year are all gone including Gil Meche, Jose Guillen and Zack Greinke who made $32 million combined in 2010.

http://www.forbes.com/teams/kansas-city-royals/

Royals valuation. Seems really over priced to me. I value them to be much lower and I think all the rich billionaires do as well.

#1974977 - 10/06/14 05:08 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Why Dayton allowed Zack Greinke to get away is unforgivable. Should have been a life time Royals.

Proof that Dayton isn't preparing for the future, but adjust for the day, and has failed.

Future offspring with Emily has to be in consideration.

#1975024 - 10/07/14 09:30 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Why Dayton allowed Zack Greinke to get away is unforgivable. Should have been a life time Royals.

Proof that Dayton isn't preparing for the future, but adjust for the day, and has failed.

Future offspring with Emily has to be in consideration.

You sure bitc-h a lot about "water under the bridge" stuff about Dayton. Fu-ck a bunch of would ofs' ...should ofs'. His team is in the ALCS, the mega buck teams with the players you stated he let get away are sitting on their collective asses at home. Nuff said.

#1975084 - 10/07/14 06:40 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Have to hold a GM accountable. No division title of World Series appearance. Anything less less is failure.

If KC fans didn't care about a world series, they would head to a minor league game, but we like the majors.

#1975159 - 10/08/14 01:47 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Making it to the ALCS is a failure....your post in itself is a fail. Do better. I am quite positive every Royal's fan but you are extremely happy of what the Royals have achieved so far this year. Even your "Debbie Downer" routine cant cast a shadow on this parade.

#1975998 - 10/20/14 09:57 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

MLB trade and FA signing ahead during the winter break. I like this article about a trade possibility. I would do it if I were the Red Sox, so it made me wonder why Dayton hadn't explore the same possibility.

I'd ship Billy Butler, do the Short Stop exchange and throw in whoever else for Giancarlo. Doubt Dayton could make any decent trades that end up in the Royals favor though.

http://www.fishstripes.com/2014/8/15/600...on-trade-rumors

#1976209 - 10/21/14 07:02 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Nice pics of course...but you would really trade Escobar...don't think so. Yes I am pretty sure Butler is gone. His World Series performance might dictate what they do with them...But no more hate for the would ofs'and could ofs'...The Royals start playing for the World Fu-cking Championship of Major League Baseball in about 2 minutes....So stifle the insults...capiche.

#1976210 - 10/21/14 07:03 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Once again Maxey Pad..say what you want about Dayton's trades...I say they are looking pretty good about right now...Don't know what the hell your expectations are...this is as good as it gets..

#1976430 - 10/24/14 03:12 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Nice pics of course...but you would really trade Escobar...don't think so. Yes I am pretty sure Butler is gone. His World Series performance might dictate what they do with them...But no more hate for the would ofs'and could ofs'...The Royals start playing for the World Fu-cking Championship of Major League Baseball in about 2 minutes....So stifle the insults...capiche.

Butler is cheap at $1 million next year. His value is low where someone might want to get him for nothing, but Dayton failed to trade him after career highs so the Royals are stuck with him. Butler will workout hard in the off-season losing weight in a contract year.

#1976432 - 10/24/14 03:16 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The day after the World Series is over..... is winter Free Agency and Trading season.

Royal Arbitration for 2015

Aaron Crow
Tim Collins
Mike Moustakas
Lorenzo Cain
Jarrod Dyson
Kelvin Herrera
Danny Duffy

Roster is stack for movement, but Dayton is horrible at signing free agent and that is a of arbitration that mean higher payroll. Dayton is screwed unless he wants to take a risk on other MLB cast offs.

Should have traded Billy Butler and Shields for 3-4 cannot miss prospect that would be starteding next year.

Maximus [third person] is just waiting for another Royals G.M. before thinking the Royals have a shot at winning it all.

#1976472 - 10/25/14 09:57 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Color me confused maxey. But if the Royals win two more games wont that be winning it all. Thus making all your [censored] and moaning about would of could of trades point moot. Let it go and enjoy the ride. The Royals are on the cusp of being World Champions with this so called by you badly put together team. Man wont you feel silly when it does happen at the K next week...lol.

#1977528 - 11/06/14 02:46 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Royals to enter free agencies and strike out with more Datyon doughnuts than at the Dayton 500.

I'd target from first priority to lowest with the probability of signing and value....

1. 3B Chase Headley,
2. OF Alex Rios
3 .OF Denard Span,
4. OF Nick Markakis
5. SP Hisashi Iwakuma
6. SP Chad Billingsley
7. SP Brandon McCarthy
8. SP Edinson Volquez
9. SS Hanley Ramirez,
10. SP Max Scherzer
11. SP Jon Lester
12. SP James Shields
13. SP Johnny Cueto
14. RP Huston Street
15. OF Colby Rasmus,
16. SP Wei-Yin Chen,
17. RP Francisco Rodriguez

#1977686 - 11/08/14 05:14 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

So Billy Bean what should be the Royals transactions in the off season...since you know more than Moore,Glass, and Yost....Well I know you are smarter than Yost.

#1977720 - 11/08/14 09:22 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

So Billy Bean what should be the Royals transactions in the off season...since you know more than Moore,Glass, and Yost....Well I know you are smarter than Yost.

I am not very smart so I will just see how the winter session plays out and the the consequences of the Royals actions or idling.

My thoughts are written in cyber space, and you can always go back in threads to see how I can forecast and predict.

#1977867 - 11/10/14 10:32 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

I am not very smart

No. You are a flat out idiot.

#1977885 - 11/10/14 02:09 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: tyler]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I am not very smart

No. You are a flat out idiot.

Tyler, don't you feel like you are insulting yourself as well. Aren't we, one and the same?

#1978032 - 11/12/14 11:03 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

Touche, you've won me back.

#1978464 - 11/16/14 06:59 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

That was a ball and then it was two more balls. smile ☺☻☺

#1979818 - 12/05/14 12:44 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#1980961 - 12/26/14 11:29 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Looking for some Japan or Korean prospect for the Royals and all I could find was a fish hot dog that interested me.

Mitsuwa's fish dog

#1980962 - 12/26/14 11:31 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Clever.

#1980963 - 12/26/14 11:39 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#1981440 - 01/05/15 03:02 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#1981441 - 01/05/15 03:10 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Chad Billingsley slider. Same color of uniform, just needing different city across jersey and on ball cap.

#1981519 - 01/06/15 03:40 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Why cannot Dayton Moore be 1/4 of the GM that John Mozeliak is?

#1981860 - 01/13/15 05:01 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Dayton no longer reading KUsports for tips on how to be a better GM?

A lot of good F/A advice from users in this thread. I'm not sure why Dayton is posting with believed to be alias and trying to hide with a pseudonym. I suspect he is going under Samuel Clemens.

It's no shame, with Dayton's trade record, of asking the fans for a little help time to time.

#1982098 - 01/16/15 02:59 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: tyler]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Do you have chills now.. Kevin vs. Kevin ala Tyler vs. Tyler.

#1982324 - 01/18/15 09:32 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: tyler]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Tyler, have you been doing something without my knowledge again?

#1984000 - 02/10/15 07:13 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Why would you want to earn low pay and be grounds keeper willy?

Chance to entertain in front of thousands with hopes of getting on Youtube and making it to Hollywood before becoming a janitor at a school when you fail.

#1986754 - 03/13/15 09:26 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Billy Butler currently hitting at the Mendoza Line at .200 for Oakland in Spring Training.

Too bad we cannot go back in time 4 years ago.

#1989905 - 04/18/15 09:29 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Vote for the TOP FOUR players in Kansas City Royals franchise history.

Why Mike Sweeney is left off the list really is amazing and really shows the rest of the country doesn't think of the Kansas City Royals.

Other that have to be at least mentioned are Mark Gubicza, Jeff Montgomery, Kevin Appier.

Royals that got away that should have played their entire careers in KC were David Cone, Carlos Beltran, and Johnny Damon. It's embarrassing that David Segui and Albert Pujols were products of the KC area and the Royals Scouting department and General Managers were asleep at the board room. Don't get me started on Max Scherzer. The Royals could have drafted Max Scherzer, Clayton Kershaw, and Tim Lincecum but they went with Luke Hochevar as the overall #1.

#1989906 - 04/18/15 09:38 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Is Dayton Moore really paying Kris Medlen $2Mill a year to be on the injury reserve list still recovering from Tommy John surgery that happen to him before he was a Royal?

I'm thinking about changing my name to Tommy John and making a career move so I can be on the Royals payroll too. Mr. Glass has no clue.

#1989925 - 04/19/15 09:07 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I had the chance to play at Hoglund Park in my younger days. It was fun but playing at Nebraska's Haymarket Park was actually a better environment. That football and alumni money helps out the other low or loss revenue generating sports.

#1989926 - 04/19/15 09:12 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

With the season of rainouts of baseball games right now, you have to love the collegiate players entertaining the fans and just having some college fun.

It's more entertaining than cheerleaders at an NBA or college basketball game without a doubt.

#1990234 - 04/23/15 10:47 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Billy Butler is hitting well with Oakland.
AVG .377
HR 3
RBI 12
R 10

Since Mr. Moneyball signed him immediately, you could assume he would have traded for him 2-3 years ago. I wonder whom the Royals might have gotten for him, since they got nothing for "waiting" till he had no value.

I can only speculate, or not, but maybe some combination of A.J. Griffin, Tommy Milone, Jarrod Parker, Jesse Hahn, Sonny Gray, and Yoenis Cespedes might have been obtained for Billy Butler coming off career highs or a season removed from a career high.

I vision Billy Butler with a couple of minor league prospect in exchange for 3 players from above.

#1990371 - 04/25/15 05:29 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Carlos Betran at the end of his career with Hall of Fame career stats.

Avg. 280
HR 373
RBI 1383
SB 311

1999 Rookie of the Year
3x Golden Glove
8x All-Star Selection

Allard Baird should have never let Johnny Damon and Carlos Beltran leave. Instead of paying Beltran, we gave big contract money to Sweeney a former catcher with high mileage.

2004- Tony Pena get caught up in a Sex Scandal with a married neighbor, chested on husband sued Pena in civil court so Pena resigns and handles trouble with his public job like a grown up. The Royals could have hired former Royal Bud Black at the time but don't and on Oct. 2006 the Padres hire him who has 2 World Series Rings from coaching and a 2010 NL Manager of the Year.

Pena Adulterous Affair

Nobody ##### with DeJesus -At least we got it out of the way early.

Well, at least someone in the franchise knew how to score.

Kauffman curse voodoo style.

#1990385 - 04/25/15 10:02 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Now your strangeness about the Royal's is coming out again. Will meds help or once the Royals return to the World Series this year will your obsession with so called missed opportunities about the Royal's go away. .jeebus

#1990433 - 04/26/15 07:54 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

1985 was too long ago. If St Louis can get there, no reason why KC shouldn't.

Once I find what the Royals did right in the last 25 years, then I can dwell on that further.

I'm still looking into their history but finding too many Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan, Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning, Lawrence Phillips over Eddie George, trading John Elway for Art Schlichter, Darko Milicic over and Carmello Anthony

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=schoenfield/060427

#1990443 - 04/26/15 09:51 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Obsession is not a good thing. So their one hit away from a World Championship last season counts for naught. Cmon man you are better than that. ..If it bothers you that much may I suggest another MLB team for you to follow.

#1990445 - 04/26/15 10:34 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The minor league is empty.

Only 2 prospect who are both average pitcher once they get to KC. Royals future is as bright as a high school drop out, as in none.

AA
Brandon Finnegan
Andy Ferguson

Bust
Kyle Zimmer- Injury
Hunter Dozier
Christian Colon

#1990446 - 04/26/15 10:45 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Splash it on heavy. ..lol. OK GM Maximus what do you suggest they do since you all worrying and crap...

#1990457 - 04/27/15 10:08 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I suggest they worry as well with Glass thinking about moving forward with another G.M. for Royals progress.

Glass needs to pay out of his own net worth for players that can play now so a real General Manager can get hired and start trading and drafting.

G.M. assembles the team by:

1. Drafting
2. F.A. prospect signing
3. F.A. professional signing
4. Trading

Dayton hasn't draft a first round draft pick that has become an All-Star. Those picks should be sure cannot miss prospect. At least of the guys drafted should have been a canditate for Hall-of-Fame Status.

2006 Luke Hochevar
2007 Mike Moustakas
2008 Eric Hosmer
2009 Aaron Crow
2010 Christian Colon
2011 Bubba Starling
2012 Kyle Zimmer
2013 Hunter Dozier
2014 Brandon Finnegan

Allard Baird may have traded away Carlos Beltran, Johnny Damon, and Jermaine Dye because he couldn't resign then, a problem with not having an owner, but at least he could draft:

2001: 9th overall P Colt Griffin (This was a George Brett pick)
2002: 6th overall P Zach Greinke
2003: 5th overall OF Chris Lubanski
2003: 30th overall C Mitch Maier
2004: 14th overall OF Billy Butler
2004: 29th overall P Matt Campbell
2004: 31st overall P J.P. Howell
2005: 2nd overall 3B Alex Gordon

2001 signed Raul Ibanez

Herk Robinson's Track Record for fun

1st Round

1991: 7th overall OF Joe Vitiello - University of Alabama frown
1991: 30th overall P Jason Pruitt - Rockingham County High School mad
1992: 10th overall OF Michael Tucker - Longwood College smirk
1992: 17th overall P Jim Pittsley - Dubois Area High School mad
1992: 31st overall P Sherard Clinkscales - Purdue University mad
1992: 35th overall OF Johnny Damon - Dr. Phillips High School laugh
1993: 5th overall P Jeff Granger - Texas A&M University mad
1994: 16th overall P Matt Smith - Grants Pass High School mad
1995: 19th overall OF Juan Lebron - Carmen Bozello Huyke High School confused
1996: 14th overall OF Dee Brown - Marlboro Central High School sick
1997: 7th overall P Dan Reichert - University of the Pacific eek
1998: 4th overall P Jeff Austin - Stanford University mad
1998: 30th overall P Matt Burch - Virginia Commonwealth University blush
1998: 31st overall P Chris George - Klein High School smile
1999: 7th overall P Kyle Snyder - University of North Carolina mad
1999: 25th overall P Mike MacDougal - Wake Forest University laugh
1999: 32nd overall P Jay Gehrke - Pepperdine University mad
1999: 43rd overall P Jimmy Gobble - John S. Battle High School sleep
2000: 4th overall P Mike Stodolka - Centennial High School (Corona) mad

Other Notable Selections

1991: 10th round (262nd overall) C Mike Sweeney - Ontario (CA) High School laugh
1991: 11th round (288th overall) 3B Joe Randa - University of Tennessee
1992: 2nd round (44th overall) P Jon Lieber - University of South Alabama
1993: 17th round (469th overall) P Glendon Rusch - Shorecrest High School
1994: 12th round (331st overall) P Jose Rosado - Galveston College laugh
1995: 2nd round (49th overall) OF Carlos Beltran - Fernando Callejo High School laugh
1997: 3rd round (91st overall) P Jeremy Affeldt - Northwest Christian High School
2000: 4th round (104th overall) OF David DeJesus - Rutgers University laugh

#1990576 - 04/28/15 09:18 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Alex Gordon is at the prime of his career, much like Billy Butler a couple years ago. Royals need to piladge someone else's farm system. I'd throw in Mike Moustakas as well.

Perez has tremendoous value right now but that will quickly change. I say unload to another team.

#1990604 - 04/28/15 02:00 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

You have completely lost your mind....or did you not notice Moose's 4 hit performance last night...3 against the Cy Young winner. You are hilarious...

#1990638 - 04/28/15 07:05 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You have completely lost your mind....or did you not notice Moose's 4 hit performance last night...3 against the Cy Young winner. You are hilarious...

#1990640 - 04/28/15 07:07 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The minor league is empty.

Only 2 prospect who are both average pitcher once they get to KC. Royals future is as bright as a high school drop out, as in none.

AA
Brandon Finnegan
Andy Ferguson

Bust
Kyle Zimmer- Injury
Hunter Dozier
Christian Colon

Damn. Brandon Finnegan called up from the minor and into teh game from the bull pen, which is then gives up a home run to his first batters pitched.

ERA- Infinity

Looking on the bright side, he can only get better from his start.

p.s. I really don't like Dayton as a professional.

Edited by Maximus (04/28/15 07:12 PM)
Edit Reason: I really do dislike Dayton

#1990820 - 05/01/15 10:19 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Meet the Royals new bat boy.

#1990849 - 05/02/15 04:50 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Dayton's problem is that he likes the foreign Latins too much and none of them are women!

10 are on the roster. That's unAmerican and reverse outsourcing!

#1990986 - 05/06/15 09:32 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Billy Butler is hitting well with Oakland.
AVG .377
HR 3
RBI 12
R 10

Since Mr. Moneyball signed him immediately, you could assume he would have traded for him 2-3 years ago. I wonder whom the Royals might have gotten for him, since they got nothing for "waiting" till he had no value.

Stat update
AVG .267
HR 3
RBI 13
SB 0

Looks like "Country Breakfast" headed back to the Mendoza line, and I am not talking about his waistline.

Grits, Oatmeal, Jelly Biscuits, Bacon, Hash-browns, Patty, not linked, Sausage, Fried Eggs, Powder Sugar Brownie, One orange slice for Vitamin C, and Pickles? No drinks, Eh?

#1990987 - 05/06/15 09:43 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Nicknames are funny. You have to be given a nickname as people who try to give themselves nicknames aren't cool and it usually honored to be thought of.

#1991166 - 05/10/15 04:24 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Shields trade watch is on. Dayton will more than likely get a Zack Greinke deal for 3 or 4 no thrill players who will amount to nothing at the MLB level.

I would trade for Dylan Bundy in a heart beat. Stephen Strasburg type of thing.

I'm thinking Baltimore would have traded Bundy for Shields.

I think Bundy will have a fabulous career before it's all done.

#1991434 - 05/19/15 09:52 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

KC Pitching Staff potential
Zack Grienke
Max Scherzer
James Shields
Johnny Cueto
Sonny Gray

Royal Hall of Fame- Carlos Beltran & Johnny Damon

#1991438 - 05/19/15 01:28 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Why pay for this, when you can bring up someone in the minor for the same and possibly better performance?

$8,500,000- Jason Vargas- ERA 5.26
$9,000,000- Jeremy Guthrie- ERA 5.44
$7,000,000- Wade Davis - ERA 5.32 as SP

$25,000,000 that could have been used for a legitimate All-Star ace like Max Scherzer

#1991618 - 05/24/15 01:23 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Anyone agree Dayton should trade Yolanda Ventura for 2-3 prospects before his Tommy Johns surgery?

#1991955 - 06/05/15 07:52 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Edinson Vólquez is having a fine year. We'll see how long he can keep up the effort before Ned Yost Tommy John's his arm.

#1992134 - 06/12/15 04:39 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Alex Gordon trade watch it about to start. Royals now accept all and any high quality offer.

#1992241 - 06/15/15 01:39 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#1992366 - 06/20/15 12:50 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#1992446 - 06/24/15 03:35 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Johnny Giavotella was mismanaged by the Royals. Stuck in AAA for four years and hitting above .300.

Should have been promoted full time at age 22 once at AA.

2015 27 Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim $516,250 1.055
2015 Status Signed thru 2015, Earliest Arb Eligible: 2017,
Earliest Free Agent: 2020

#1992536 - 06/29/15 09:28 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Former high ranked prospect Mike Montgomery looking good in Seattle.

Drafted by the Kansas City Royals in the 1st round (36th) of the 2008 MLB June Amateur Draft from William S. Hart HS (Santa Clarita , CA).

Prospect Ratings by Baseball America:
Pre-2010: Rated #39 Prospect
Pre-2011: Rated #19 Prospect
Pre-2012: Rated #23 Prospect

Mike Montgomery struck out 10 in a complete-game shutout Tuesday against the Royals. Should Royals fans blame Dayton for this loss?

Mike Montgomery! Who knew? The former Royals prospect, who was part of the Wil Myers-James Shields trade, was looked at as a reliever by the Rays this spring before being traded to the Mariners for Erasmo Ramirez. Give the Mariners some credit for the pickup, but it's not like they knew what they had here when they left him in Triple-A for the first two months of the season. Montgomery has a 2.05 ERA in five starts since his callup. He struck out just 12 batters in his first four starts, but he was missing bats tonight. He can't be this good, but he's showing enough to suggest that he'll be a fourth or fifth starter going forward.
(Rotoworld.com)

Mr. Glass, what were you thinking?
http://image.slidesharecdn.com/factbased...g?cb=1380645561

#1992890 - 07/14/15 12:41 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Jon Gray

Dayton fails to sign him and he ends up as a #1 draft choice for another club. Why draft a player if you don't plan on signing?

#1992895 - 07/14/15 03:17 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
kylecof11 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
Ask the Yankees the same thing. Drafted him even higher in 10th round. The dude is 4-6 with an almost 5 ERA and 1.5 WHIP in AAA. Nothing too special.

Drafting and not signing kids is more common than one might think. Especially with their rules where they can go right after high school, then go to college, and get drafted maybe a few more times if they don't like money. The Astros drafted someone Rd. 1 Pick 1 and didn't sign them. Much better than Round 13 Pick 389 overall.

And the Rays traded Montgomery away after Royals did. So that's two teams that didn't like what they saw. I'll gladly take an unhittable Wade Davis over a flash in the pan prospect any day.

#1992960 - 07/17/15 09:25 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Jake Odorizzi

ERA 2.30
K 68
BB 18

Zack Greinke flashback of watching him perform for another club and then remembering that Zack Greinke was traded for Jake Odorizzi and wondering why we gave up Greinke if Dayton was only going to trade the younger version later.

Dayton Moore needs to go.

#1992962 - 07/17/15 09:55 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#1992972 - 07/17/15 02:06 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Royals Minor League Update

Green is former #1 Draft picks

Top 12
Age 22 Raul Mondesi- SS- AA Avg .252
Age 23 Sean Manaea- LHP- A+ ERA 3.66 WHIP 1.322 H9 10.1
Age 23 Kyle Zimmer- RHP- AA ERA 1.40 WHIP .857
Age 22 Miguel Almonte- RHP- AA ERA 4.03 WHIP 1.37
Age 23 Huner Dozier- 3B- AA Avg .226
Age 19 Foster Griffin- LHP- A ERA 6.44 WHIP 1.63
Age 19 Scott Blewett- RHP-A ERA 4.07 WHIP 1.17
Age 22 Jorge Bonifacio- OF- AA Avg .240
Age 18 Chase Valott- A- Avg .204
Age 22 Christian Binford, RHP- AAA ERA 5.86
Age 23 Orlando Calixte, SS- AAA Avg .218
Age 22 Bubba Starling- OF- AA Avg .263

This will get Dayton Moore fired next year.

#1992984 - 07/17/15 10:28 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

1975 Royals
Wins 91
Losses 71

George Brett
John Mayberry
Hal McRae
Freddie Patek
Amos Otis
Harmon Killebrew

Steve Busby
Dennis Leonard

1977 Royals
Wins 102
Losses 60
John Mayberry
George Brett
Amos Otis
Al Cowens
Hal McRae

Dennis Leonard
Jim Colborn
Paul Splittorff

1980 Royals
Wins 97
Losses- 65

Willie Aikens
George Brett
Willie Wilson
Hal McRae
John Wathan

Larry Gura
Dennis Leonard
Dan Quisenberry

Wins- 90
Losses- 72

Frank White
George Brett
Willie Wilson
John Wathan
Hal McRae

Dan Quisenberry

1985 Royals
Wins 91
Losses- 71

Steve Balboni
Frank White
George Brett
Willie Wilson
Lonnie Smith

C. Leibrandt
Bret Saberhagen
Danny Jackson
Mark Gubicza
Dan Quisenberry

1989 Royals
Wins- 92
Losses- 70

George Brett
Frank White
Kevin Seitzer
Bo Jackson
Danny Tartabull
Jim Eisenreich

Bret Saberhagen
Mark Gubicza
Tom Gordon
Jeff Montgomery

#1993053 - 07/21/15 02:21 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#1993132 - 07/25/15 07:01 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Kevin Seitzer hit .323 with 15 home runs and 207 hits (tying the MLB record) in his rookie 1987 season and didn't win Rookie of the Year as he was voted second best.

Amazing!

#1993140 - 07/26/15 02:51 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Royals Trade review.

Mike Aviles

July 30, 2011: Traded by the Kansas City Royals to the Boston Red Sox for Kendal Volz (minors) and Yamaico Navarro. General Manager- Dayton Moore

#1993141 - 07/26/15 02:55 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Scott Podsednik, Dayton Moore, and The Contest

by Matt Klaassen - January 8, 2010

"One might be tempted to see the Royals’ signing of outfielder Scott Podsednik as a move to steal the headlines in the wake of cross-state rival St. Louis’ big Matt Holliday contract earlier this week. Or maybe they just wanted to sneak in the bad news on Friday. Close observers, however, know better. This is all part of The Contest.

I’m not exactly sure what the goal of The Contest is: to put together a team that might contend in 2005, get fired, or to shatter the blogosphere’s Universal Snark-O-Meter in one fell blow, but it’s been apparent for some time now that Royals General Manager Dayton Moore and his Mets counterpart Omar Minaya have been involved in some sort of bizarre rivalry for at least the last year. It’s been a real back-and-forth (forgive the shaky chronology):

* Dayton acquires Mike Jacobs, Kyle Farnsworth, Horacio Ramirez, and Willie Bloomquist as part of a misguided attempt to contend.

* Omar responds by giving Oliver Perez three years and $36 million (aka, “The Jose Guillen Special”).

* The same week that the Royals trade prospects for Yuniesky Betancourt, the Mets trade Ryan Church for Jeff Francoeur (the latter must really have burned Dayton up inside).

* Omar accuses a reporter critical of a fired Mets official of gunning for a job with the Mets.

* In the midst of a near 100-loss season, Dayton lectures Royals fans on their lust for instant gratification and admonishes them to “trust the process.”

* Dayton understandably allows two below-average catchers to walk (Miguel Olivo and John Buck), but then signs Zombie Jason Kendall for more than either Olivo or Buck get on the open market.

* Omar, bidding against himself, manages to overpay Jason Bay by at least $15-$20 million.

It was obviously Dayton’s time to shine. And shine he did.

The terms of the deal haven’t been made public yet (to my knowledge). But what kind of player is the 34-year-old Podsednik at this point?

CHONE has Podsednik projected for a context-neutral .271/.333/.367, 9 runs below average per 150 games. My own projection is .269/.324/.384, -8/150. Defensively, CHONE’s TotalZone projection is +4 in left field (Podsednik’s primary position the last few seasons) per 150 games. Jeff Zimmerman has him at -2. My projection includes basestealing (in short: he steals a lot, but gets caught too much to be worth it), but as far as his baserunning goes otherwise, he’s average at best at this point.

Per 150 games (which Podsednik hasn’t played since 2004): let’s call it +1 defense, -7 prorated positional adjustment for left field, -9 offense + 20 replacement level = 0.5 WAR player. Fans have so far projected Podsednik at 0.2 WAR for 2010.

I haven’t seen the terms of the deal yet. I’ve heard rumors or one year, one million dollars, and even at $3.5 million per marginal win, at 0.5 WAR, that’s sort of reasonable… sounding.

Except that it’s still a terrible decision. Let’s put it this way: the Royals aren’t exactly at a point at which they should be spending more for a marginal win — they are one of the worst teams in the American League. It’s a slight bargain at best, and assuming (perhaps foolishly) that Moore didn’t spring for more than one year, a player with this sort of projection needs to have some upside, and Podsednik is 34 years old.

Moreover, what does this mean in relation to opportunity cost? Podsednik is 34 years old and his primary position the last few years is left field. Of course, one of the few above-average position players the Royals have is their current left fielder David DeJesus, probably a 2.5-3.0 WAR player in 2010. DeJesus is good enough defensively that he could probably be at least adequate in center (certainly better than Podsednik), but his arm (despite 2009’s impressive statistical showing in left) won’t play in right. Podsednik doesn’t have the arm for right, either… which leaves center field, something Dayton Moore has repeatedly hinted at with his talk of “speedy center fielder” (roles!) all offseason.

Leaving aside the reality that Podsednik is at best barely above average defensively in left field, thus implying a disaster in center field (where he last played full-time in 2004), the Royals already have two center fielders on the roster. One is the recently signed replacement-level Brian Anderson (Moore is apparently adding former White Sox to his palette of former Braves and Mariners). Anderson, at least, is young-ish enough to have some upside, although why Moore felt he had to give Anderson a major-league deal worth $0.7M with performance incentives is beyond me. Even worse, the Royals have Mitch Maier. Maier is nothing special — he’s probably a good fourth outfielder at best — a 1.0-1.5 WAR player. But he’s 28, at the minimum, and the Royals aren’t contending (even for .500) in 2010: this is the year to play Maier and see what he’s got and save a bit of cash. But Dayton has other ideas.

Even if Maier wasn’t around, Podsednik isn’t close to good enough to be an Iwamura-type “let’s at least have someone respectable out there” — in that case, there are still far superior players like FanGraphs-favorites Ryan Church and Gabe Gross available, and the market shows that superior players to Podsednik, such as Langerhans, are going for less than Brian Anderson money.

I could go on, but you get the picture: this deal makes no sense… unless you know about The Contest.

Your move, Omar.

[Update: As pointed out in the comments, I completely negleted to factor in Dayton’s brilliant ‘banning’ of Rany Jazayerli for criticizing the Royals’ medical staff. I apologize for the embarrassing oversight on my part. This really puts Omar behind… how many years and millions to Bengie Molina is it going to take for him to catch up?]"

Previously, I pointed out (check the name link) that the Orioles have been a graveyard for washed up Cubs players in recent years. Kansas City is looking to be the White Sox equivalent (Moore has made more trades with Kenny Williams (now 5) than any other GM during his brief reign as GM of the Royals). According to MLBTradeRumors, the Royals are close to signing “a speedy outfielder” who is speculated to be Scott Podsednik. That would put the following ex-White Sox on the 25-man roster since Moore took over as GM in 2006:

C-Miguel Olivo
1B-Ross Gload
2B-Chris Getz
3B-Josh Fields
INF-Tony Graffanino
OF-Scott Podsednik
SP-Kip Wells
RP-Horacio Ramirez
RP-David Riske

From this list, I see a bunch of utility players and DFA candidates. Is it possible to build a 25-man roster of White Sox-turned-Royals players since 2002? We’ve already got an infield.

If you make this a revolving door system and include the crap Kenny Williams has taken from the Royals, you could also add the following players to our hypothetical team:

3B-Mark Teahen
CL-Mike MacDougal
CL-Octavio Dotel
INF-Andy Sisco
RP-D.J. Carrasco

#1993142 - 07/26/15 03:00 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

July 28, 2010: Traded by the Kansas City Royals to the Los Angeles Dodgers for Elisaul Pimentel (minors) and Lucas May.

Scott Podsednik, hitting .310 was traded by Dayton Moore.

Moore's trade history is trading anyone doing well for cast of minor leagues. Royals fans, can we allow this to go on?

#1993144 - 07/26/15 03:23 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Dayton Moore's trade deadline history has no bearing now

2006- On July 24 he traded reliever Mike MacDougal to the White Sox for minor league pitchers Dan Cortes and Tyler Lumsden.

2008-There was also a report that the Yankees put on the table a deal that would have sent Cabrera and second baseman Robinson Cano to Kansas City for pitcher Zack Greinke and outfielder Mark Teahen.

2009-The Brewers, Marlins, and Yankees all pursued pitcher Brian Bannister, but the Royals wanted two players back for Banny, a price no team was willing to pay.

2012-The Pirates showed interest in Billy Butler. The Yankees showed interest in Alex Gordon. The Royals tried to make Jeff Francoeur, Yuniesky Betancourt, and Jose Mijares available, but found few takers.Ken Rosenthal reported the Royals at least discussed a deal to acquire pitcher Jake Arrieta from the Orioles for Broxton and Luke Hochevar.

#1993549 - 08/08/15 07:10 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

To use an analogy, I'm betting the winter sessions are something like this involving Datyon Moore.

#1993698 - 08/11/15 09:46 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Royals All-Star minor leaguer

Royals have a minor leaguer putting up All-Star numbers and Dayton doesn't bring him to the big league because he was drafted in the later rounds, even with his low salary.

2010- AA
Avg. .335
HR 29
2B 41
RBI 98
BB 58

2011 AAA
Avg. .326
HR 23
2B 35
RBI 100
BB 58

#1993856 - 08/17/15 01:25 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#1993986 - 08/20/15 09:10 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Joe Girardi leading the major league is getting toss out of a baseball game.

#1994036 - 08/23/15 08:39 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Is Dayton Moore really paying Kris Medlen $2Mill a year to be on the injury reserve list still recovering from Tommy John surgery that happen to him before he was a Royal?

I'm thinking about changing my name to Tommy John and making a career move so I can be on the Royals payroll too. Mr. Glass has no clue.

Kris Medlen's contract

2015 29 Kansas City Royals $2,000,000 5.137
2016 30 Kansas City Royals $5,500,000
2017 31 Kansas City Royals *$10,000,000 $10M Mutual Option, $1M Buyout

I don't like paying a player $2 million to recover from injury still, but if Medlan can regain his form from the Atlanta braves, the risk he took might look really good for 2016 considering the three $8 million dollar pitchers on the Royals staff who are horrible. Dayton still cannot do smart thing all the times and this is just a gambling trade that may or may not make him look good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edited

Kris Medlen on 9/4/2015
Dec- L
IP- 5.2
ER- 7
H- 11
BB- 1
K- 3

#1994418 - 09/02/15 09:49 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
n00sh Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Great tits on that broad.

#1994425 - 09/03/15 09:08 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: n00sh]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: n00sh
Great tits on that broad.

Carrie Lachance, she is first class and a perfect 10.

#1994435 - 09/03/15 01:49 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Alex Rios season performance hasn't been great. Injury season could be the cause, but hitting .250 not worth the money. Best to let him go.

Contract
2015 34 Kansas City Royals $11,000,000
2016 35 Kansas City Royals *$12,500,000 $12.5M Mutual Option

The question becomes; Does Alex Gordon think he can get more than his $12.5M Player Option on the open market with a career batting average of .269 and as a small 5 tools player?

#1994436 - 09/03/15 02:05 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
n00sh Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I mean look at those jugs. Wow.

#2013590 - 01/17/17 12:03 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Jon Gray

Dayton fails to sign him and he ends up as a #1 draft choice for another club. Why draft a player if you don't plan on signing?

Royal agony of drafting a guy, not signing the next Royal's ACE for the next ten years, and then watching him get highly recognized in rookie voting.

Rookie of the Year Voting

#2015052 - 02/17/17 08:16 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Baseball Star Kris Bryant Pranks a College Team as ‘The Transfer’

#2015053 - 02/17/17 08:20 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Baseball Star Kris Bryant Gets Pranked by Hall of Famer Greg Maddux

#2015874 - 03/11/17 08:17 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Ughh Salvador playing for team Venezuela injures knee in a home plate collision with team Italys Drew Butera. Wtf Drew are you trying to get Salvys job by taking him out. Although Perez couldn't walk under his own power out of the dugout he has notified the Royals stating that its not a severe injury. Whew.

#2015916 - 03/13/17 03:42 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Ughh Salvador playing for team Venezuela injures knee in a home plate collision with team Italys Drew Butera. Wtf Drew are you trying to get Salvys job by taking him out. Although Perez couldn't walk under his own power out of the dugout he has notified the Royals stating that its not a severe injury. Whew.

I always wanted to trade Perez for a stud pitcher or someone like this guy.

#2015917 - 03/13/17 03:43 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

"The Royals will look to trade center fielder Lorenzo Cain, 1B Eric Hosmer and 3B Mike Moustakas this summer if they're not contending for a playoff spot, the team's GM, Dayton Moore, told the NY Post's Joel Sherman this past weekend.

Similarly, the White Sox are likely to move 3B Todd Frazier and closer David Robertson - and possibly 1B Jose Abreu - their GM, Rick Hahn, told Sherman in a separate article for the Post." Mets Blog

#2015918 - 03/13/17 03:53 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

2017 off season moves by Dayton Moore. Nothing to improve the club and just staying the status quo.

Royals acquire Karns from Mariners for Dyson

Jorge Soler has potential but cannot get anything going with the Cubs. Change of seasons and scenery always helps. Warmer in KC than Chi-Town.

#2016439 - 03/27/17 04:30 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

To early to say the Jorge Soler trade was bad?

Royals outfielder Jorge Soler will likely begin his first season in Kansas City on the disabled list after straining his oblique in a minor league game.

Soler, acquired from the Chicago Cubs in December for closer Wade Davis, hurt himself on a swing Sunday. Soler went for a MRI Monday, and manager Ned Yost acknowledged Soler was expected to be out of action when the Royals open next Monday at Minnesota.

#2016620 - 04/05/17 09:08 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#2016782 - 04/11/17 08:20 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Kris Medlen's contract

2015 29 Kansas City Royals $2,000,000 5.137
2016 30 Kansas City Royals $5,500,000
2017 31 Kansas City Royals *$10,000,000 $10M Mutual Option, $1M Buyout

I don't like paying a player $2 million to recover from injury still, but if Medlan can regain his form from the Atlanta braves, the risk he took might look really good for 2016 considering the three $8 million dollar pitchers on the Royals staff who are horrible. Dayton still cannot do smart thing all the times and this is just a gambling trade that may or may not make him look good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edited

Kris Medlen on 9/4/2015
Dec- L
IP- 5.2
ER- 7
H- 11
BB- 1
K- 3

Dayton, what a horrible job performed on this contract.

4.01 ERA in 2015 and 7.77 ERA in 2016.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Preview