Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1970267 - 08/22/14 10:53 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
You blame the fans? Better to be a long time loyal fan during the hard decades than not support. If the fans don't support the Royals could leave.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they have a lease to the stadium and can leave the city any time, but then who would want a last place team that doesn't win?

#1970271 - 08/23/14 09:24 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
I can partially blame local fans. When the Chief's had their dismal 2-14 season two years ago,the local fans were petitioning demanding change. And guess what the coach and GM was fired and they brought in Andy and Dorsey who improved the win count by 9 games. So yeah the local yokel fans can have a big say so on how things can go with a professional team.

#1970298 - 08/23/14 01:17 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Love it Minnyhaha are slamming the Tigers again today after the double digit beatdown they gave them last night. Cmon sweep the twin bill Twinkies. Yes that has a nice ring to it.

#1970566 - 08/26/14 10:22 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Didn't Arrowhead lower their ticket prices one year, at least in the nose bleed section? That might have created the demand as under King Carl they continued the inflationary ticket rise.

#1972360 - 09/13/14 09:09 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I am starting to believe that Dayton Moore still works for the Atlanta Braves as a mole in the KC Organization. How else can you explain the crazy draft picks and trades. The law of averages of a first round pick should have produced a legitimate All-Star and not someone who was last picked for fan equality-marketing.

I was going to do a Dayton Moore Photoshop as a spy for the Atlanta Braves CIA style, but I have no skills in it and I am too lazy to put forth such an effort that would produce low quality photographic humor.

#1973850 - 09/25/14 09:56 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/33/baseball-valuations-11_Kansas-City-Royals_339113.html

The skinny
Early last season the Royals became the first MLB team to lose 600 games since the start of the 2004 season. The team averaged 97 losses a year from 2004 through 2010. Even though the Royals averaged just 20,191 fans (53% of capacity) per game at Kauffman Stadium in 2010 the team was profitable because it is among the biggest recipients of welfare from the league's richer teams and fielded a modest player payroll ($72 million). The Royals operate their stadium, which had $225 million of taxpayer funded renovations the past three years, for baseball games and their lease permits the team to deduct some maintenance costs from their rent. The Royals are set to see profits soar in 2011 as the final payroll could come in below $40 million. The seven players that made more than $3 million last year are all gone including Gil Meche, Jose Guillen and Zack Greinke who made $32 million combined in 2010.

http://www.forbes.com/teams/kansas-city-royals/

Royals valuation. Seems really over priced to me. I value them to be much lower and I think all the rich billionaires do as well.

#1974977 - 10/06/14 05:08 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Why Dayton allowed Zack Greinke to get away is unforgivable. Should have been a life time Royals.

Proof that Dayton isn't preparing for the future, but adjust for the day, and has failed.

Future offspring with Emily has to be in consideration.

#1975024 - 10/07/14 09:30 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: Maximus
Why Dayton allowed Zack Greinke to get away is unforgivable. Should have been a life time Royals.

Proof that Dayton isn't preparing for the future, but adjust for the day, and has failed.

Future offspring with Emily has to be in consideration.

You sure bitc-h a lot about "water under the bridge" stuff about Dayton. Fu-ck a bunch of would ofs' ...should ofs'. His team is in the ALCS, the mega buck teams with the players you stated he let get away are sitting on their collective asses at home. Nuff said.

#1975084 - 10/07/14 06:40 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Have to hold a GM accountable. No division title of World Series appearance. Anything less less is failure.

If KC fans didn't care about a world series, they would head to a minor league game, but we like the majors.

#1975159 - 10/08/14 01:47 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Making it to the ALCS is a failure....your post in itself is a fail. Do better. I am quite positive every Royal's fan but you are extremely happy of what the Royals have achieved so far this year. Even your "Debbie Downer" routine cant cast a shadow on this parade.

#1975998 - 10/20/14 09:57 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

MLB trade and FA signing ahead during the winter break. I like this article about a trade possibility. I would do it if I were the Red Sox, so it made me wonder why Dayton hadn't explore the same possibility.

I'd ship Billy Butler, do the Short Stop exchange and throw in whoever else for Giancarlo. Doubt Dayton could make any decent trades that end up in the Royals favor though.

http://www.fishstripes.com/2014/8/15/600...on-trade-rumors

#1976209 - 10/21/14 07:02 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Nice pics of course...but you would really trade Escobar...don't think so. Yes I am pretty sure Butler is gone. His World Series performance might dictate what they do with them...But no more hate for the would ofs'and could ofs'...The Royals start playing for the World Fu-cking Championship of Major League Baseball in about 2 minutes....So stifle the insults...capiche.

#1976210 - 10/21/14 07:03 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Once again Maxey Pad..say what you want about Dayton's trades...I say they are looking pretty good about right now...Don't know what the hell your expectations are...this is as good as it gets..

#1976430 - 10/24/14 03:12 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Nice pics of course...but you would really trade Escobar...don't think so. Yes I am pretty sure Butler is gone. His World Series performance might dictate what they do with them...But no more hate for the would ofs'and could ofs'...The Royals start playing for the World Fu-cking Championship of Major League Baseball in about 2 minutes....So stifle the insults...capiche.

Butler is cheap at $1 million next year. His value is low where someone might want to get him for nothing, but Dayton failed to trade him after career highs so the Royals are stuck with him. Butler will workout hard in the off-season losing weight in a contract year.

#1976432 - 10/24/14 03:16 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

The day after the World Series is over..... is winter Free Agency and Trading season.

Royal Arbitration for 2015

Aaron Crow
Tim Collins
Mike Moustakas
Lorenzo Cain
Jarrod Dyson
Kelvin Herrera
Danny Duffy

Roster is stack for movement, but Dayton is horrible at signing free agent and that is a of arbitration that mean higher payroll. Dayton is screwed unless he wants to take a risk on other MLB cast offs.

Should have traded Billy Butler and Shields for 3-4 cannot miss prospect that would be starteding next year.

Maximus [third person] is just waiting for another Royals G.M. before thinking the Royals have a shot at winning it all.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Preview