Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1969925 - 08/17/14 10:24 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Well they can't win them all but last night was another example of the team being Yosted or Yosterized, Ventura was struggling and old Ned left him in the 7th when he should have pulled ....Twins score 3 runs..game ova. TheTheis team with the great pitching has proven itself good enough to make the playoffs. Problem is most likely Yost will screw it up with piss poor in game decisions..

#1969962 - 08/18/14 02:16 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Trance Land
Been disliking Dayton Moore performance on the job for a while. A little analysis.....

Drafted- Luke Hochevar

Could have drafted-Evan Longoria, Clayton Kershaw, Tim Lincecum, Max Scherzer, Tyler Colvin, Ian Kennedy

Drafted- Mike Moustakas

Could have drafted- Matt Wieters, Madison Bumgarner, Rick Porcello

Drafted-Eric Hosmer

Could have drafted- Buster Posey, Jason Castro, Gerrit Cole

Drafted- Aaron Crown

Could have drafted- Shelby Miller, Mike Trout

Drafted-Christian Colon

Could have drafted- Matt Harvey, Chris Sale, Christian Yelich

Drafted- Bubba Starling

Could have drafted-Anthony Rendon, Jose Fernandez

2012-
Drafted- Kyle Zimmer

2013-
Drafted-Hunter Dozier

Drafted-Brandon Finnegan

There is no excuse for poor analysis for drafting, as it is the job of the general manager. Washington has a fabulous draft history in the last 6 years and that's why there "small" market teams is competitive and set to be great for the years. That how you transform a franchise.

#1969965 - 08/18/14 03:39 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Certainly missed on some great talent, but even if we got them the Royals wouldnt been able to afford and keep them. Lets just hope for the team we got will make the playoffs promised land. Willingham looks like a good get for essentially nothing. What a bomb he hit out of the yard yesterday. I am confident they will make the playoffs this year.

#1969988 - 08/19/14 09:21 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I wouldn't agree with not being able to afford them. Once a good team is acquired on the cheap on the draft, I think a billion dollar owner will resign a player with higher market value if the team is truly playoff bound.

An owner will forgo some of his profits if it means playoff and a World Series.

#1970000 - 08/19/14 02:07 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
KUCO_VOC Online   happy
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Getting ready for tonight's Rockies/Royals at Coors Field. Wearing my Royals stuff of course.

#1970023 - 08/19/14 07:41 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Good man, now find the ginger and knock him out. Unless your are the ginger of course. Hope you have a good time.

#1970041 - 08/20/14 09:10 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Yost 9nth inning pitching experiments have almost backfired on 3 differnent occasions in the last week. Sure the Royals got the wins and that is good. But damn trying to make Crowe or Bueno a closer..not going to work. Why oh why doesn't Yost let Davis pitch both the 8th and 9th. Dude used to be a starter and should be more than able to go 2 innings.

Cant complain how the Royals are doing but it seems like Yost has a "Dummies Guide to Coaching MLB " book and it is his bad decisions that will possibly keep the team out of the playoffs. He did make one good move last night pinch hitting Willingham for Shields...but that's about the only good move I have seen him make in quite awhile.

Its been a fun 2nd half so far, hope they can keep it up. The local long suffering fans deserve it, I just moved back last summer and always had the Braves as my 2nd team since I lived in the ATL between 2005-2012. But it is all now about the boys in blue.....GO ROYALS..

#1970049 - 08/20/14 10:17 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Managers can only do so much but great coaching moves should be expected at the MLB, as it's their job to manager the ball club and not just hand in a starting lineup.

Yoltz can only do so much when Dayton doesn't draft 1 All Star from the first round in 8 years. 0-8 is worst that Mike Moustakas battering average and is looking like Billy Butler's waistline, which is a direct correlation to his wife's beauty.

#1970065 - 08/20/14 04:38 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Don't really get what you are yammering on about. The team is what it is this point in the season. Crying about missed draft opportunities is water under the bridge.. The main storyline is the Royals good enough to make the playoffs this year despite Yost's in game screw ups. I think they are and won't waste a second worrying about past draft misses... In other words GO ROYALS..

#1970066 - 08/20/14 04:40 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

And bringing up Billy's wife looks or lack thereof has got nothing to do with what is happening on the field. Capiche

#1970104 - 08/21/14 08:45 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Hate losing a game like last night basically due to an error. But cant win them all. Get a day's rest and come back strong vs the Rangers. Because Detroit is fired up and will not back down.

#1970161 - 08/21/14 04:34 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Bubba Starlings .218 batting average at A ball.

Royals only have 1 good player in the minor and he wasn't even drafted. Niklas Stephenson hard work, not talent, is why he is having success.

Royals

Edited by Maximus (08/21/14 04:34 PM)

#1970174 - 08/21/14 05:39 PM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Why do you keep going on about the draft crap. Cant do anything about it now, we go with what we know. If you hate what we have done in the past drafts get on your wagon and start a petition to fire Dayton,Yost, etc. I don't know why you think you need to preach to the choir.

Tampa Bay taking out Price(I love it) and the Tigers today help things out. Also Perez's MRI showed zero structural damage. Wheeewwww...

Edited by PHOGUSHER (08/21/14 05:41 PM)

#1970196 - 08/22/14 09:23 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Maximus Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I will certainly petition to fire Dayton if you could kindly provide me with David Glass's email address.

It doesn't do any good to contact the G.M. who is making the mistakes. The tend to be always in denial of what they did wrong and refuse to make any actions to correct their stupidity.

#1970199 - 08/22/14 09:48 AM Re: Royals Transaction [Re: Maximus]
Original AFH Gangsta

Then get a banner for a petition to fire Moore and march around Kaufman Stadium for every home game.

You want to blame management..thats fine by me, but I rather blame the local fans that has put up with this crap for almost 30 yrs. I lived out of the area from 82-2013 so I had no say so in it compared to the locals. Its the passive local KC sports fans that should be blamed for accepting mediocrity.

If that crap happen in NYC or Philly someone is getting fired. I was lucky enough to be close to the Braves organization for many yrs after Schuerholz went there from KC. And you know how that went...many yrs of post season play.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Preview