Rate This Topic
#19517 - 01/04/07 09:57 PM A little more from Mario
jensen Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Charleston, SC
Mario Chalmers
Sophomore, Guard
On South Carolina:
"We haven't done a whole lot of scouting report work on South Carolina yet, but from what I've heard, they're a pretty good team. We just have to be prepared to play."

On the impending conference season:
"You see other conferences playing already, so you know ours is coming up. But we can't look past South Carolina, we have to go play South Carolina first and then get ready for Oklahoma State."

On the importance of the South Carolina game:
"It's very important to have momentum going into conference play. We have to keep the momentum up to keep us going and be ready for the next game."

Brandon Rush
Sophomore, Guard
On preparing for a game now compared to when class is in session:
"I think it's a lot more comfortable for a lot of us, because you can concentrate on basketball instead of school right now. I think it helps us out a lot in focusing and getting our minds right for the game."

On how difficult it is to adjust once classes start again:
"It makes it a lot tougher because you have to worry about going to-and-from classes, doing homework and studying. It takes the focus off basketball a little bit."

On what the South Carolina game means:
"I think South Carolina can prove a lot to us. It would be a good win for us, because we lost our last road game. I think it would be good for us to go out there and get a win. I think it would prove that we can go out and win in a hostile environment like South Carolina."

On South Carolina:
"I know they have a great guard in Tr Kelley, but that's about it. I know they run a 1-3-1 zone, but we haven't really gone over the scouting report yet."

#19518 - 01/04/07 10:21 PM Re: A little more from Mario [Re: jensen]
jayhawk154 Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

On South Carolina:
"I know they have a great guard in Tr Kelley, but that's about it. I know they run a 1-3-1 zone, but we haven't really gone over the scouting report yet."

Tre didn't play on Wednesday due to a knee injury. I'll do some digging around to see if he'll be ready for us...

#19519 - 01/04/07 10:33 PM Re: A little more from Mario [Re: jayhawk154]
jensen Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Charleston, SC
Looks like they're still talking football over there. Well, football AND...............

#19520 - 01/04/07 10:49 PM Re: A little more from Mario [Re: jensen]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...
Look closely at the sticker she is wearing....I think it is something that we all knew already...

#19521 - 01/04/07 10:51 PM Re: A little more from Mario [Re: brando]
Naismith Offline
The Founder

Loc: Memorial Park Cemetery, KS.
That's one pi I would like a piece of.

#19522 - 01/04/07 10:55 PM Re: A little more from Mario [Re: jensen]
Adrock Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Quote:

Looks like they're still talking football over there. Well, football AND...............

Damn that thread shows up any thread here on the boards that I have ever seen. Could we top that?

#19523 - 01/05/07 06:16 AM Re: A little more from Mario [Re: jensen]
SFBayhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

"It makes it a lot tougher because you have to worry about going to-and-from classes, doing homework and studying. It takes the focus off basketball a little bit."

Focus off: This isn't necessarily bad. A break from relentlessness CAN also help performance.

#19524 - 01/05/07 06:25 AM Re: A little more from Mario [Re: SFBayhawk]
PugetSoundHawk Offline
Lawrence Legend

Loc: Washington
Cab't wait for the Hawks and Cocks, although CBS will probably send us blue staters something from the Big Ten instead.

#19525 - 01/05/07 07:18 AM Re: A little more from Mario [Re: jayhawk154]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

Quote:

Tre didn't play on Wednesday due to a knee injury. I'll do some digging around to see if he'll be ready for us...

"Don't dig too far or you might get burned by the molten lava..." Cable Guy.

Kelly practices: South Carolina senior point guard Tre Kelley, who has a sprained knee, took part in an individual workout with coaches Thursday and fared well, according to a USC official. Kelleys knee will be checked for swelling today.

He wants badly to play, South Carolina coach Dave Odom said of Kelley, who averages 16.8 points a game. Hes convinced me and the doctors that hes OK. Well see.

Hes such a competitor I cant imagine him staying out long unless he has to, KU coach Bill Self said. We anticipate him being back.

Kelley missed USCs 67-53 victory over Western Carolina on Wednesday. Kelley had started the previous 53 games.

#19526 - 01/05/07 08:37 AM Re: A little more from Mario [Re: Hawklin]
Hawks_And_Cats Offline
Suck it, Geezer

Loc: The Coolest Place on Earth
I agree with the SC guys.

That is one of the coolest threads ever.

#19527 - 01/05/07 09:16 AM Re: A little more from Mario [Re: Hawks_And_Cats]
georgiahawk Offline
John Brown

Thank God it's not a beauty contest on Sunday. Sorry girls, but you don't hold a candle to the "cock" girls. Damn, this is why I miss the South!

Preview