Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1948714 - 09/13/13 01:41 AM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it * [Re: Shirley]
jayshep Offline
wolfhunter

I'm sorry, Shirley. It took you a couple days to find that? I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to prove with this one.

She drove her vehicle into the bedroom of a house while drunk and justified it by saying "Nobody was hurt." Three witnesses confirmed she was the driver.

She apparently failed several SFST's and was arrested. After being arrested, she slipped her cuffs to the front, which is generally frowned upon. She then proceeded to either kick or hit the window of the police car from the inside.

When the officers uncuffed her to put the cuffs back behind her back where they belong, she resisted and was put on the ground. While on the ground, she crapped her pants then kicked two officers. In whatever state that is, it became a felony when she did so (God I wish that was the case here).

What, exactly, is the point you're trying to prove? I'm honestly trying to understand. That it's ok to drive drunk to the point you run into a fricking house, then resist arrest, then batter officers? Please, enlighten me.

#1948716 - 09/13/13 01:53 AM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
jayshep Offline
wolfhunter

Shirley, since you're firing shots at my profession, what do you do for a living? I've been fairly open about what I do and where I do it. Are you willing to do the same? Or are you simply going to hide behind your internet persona?

#1948733 - 09/13/13 09:55 AM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
Phog1004 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KC
She's a doctor jayshep.....which, one might think would lead her to frown upon drinking and driving, but alas.......

#1948823 - 09/14/13 02:36 AM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Phog1004]
jayshep Offline
wolfhunter

A doctor, huh? Buncha quacks, I tell ya.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/20/doctors-licenses-medical-boards/2655513/

See, I can do this too, Shirley.

Edited by jayshep (09/14/13 02:37 AM)

#1948850 - 09/14/13 12:36 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
Shirley Offline
Pelvic Missionary

As a good physician who has never been sued or sanctioned, I support the revocation of the license to practice medicine and prosecution of any doctor who harms a patient like the one in the video you posted.

However, I wonder if you wouldn't mind clarifying something? Since you've defended the actions of the policemen in the case of the drunk driver who resisted and subsequently had her orbital bone fractured, which of the techniques you described above, the:

Originally Posted By: jayshep
...1+1 theory when it comes to use of force...

Or

Originally Posted By: jayshep
The "force continuum" also takes into account the "totality of the circumstances" which include subject size and apparent ability and the officer size, gender and apparent ability, among other things. In other words, if a 300lb man high on PCP is resisting with force an attempted arrest by a 120lb female officer, she will be able to escalate to a higher level of force more quickly than I, as a 200lb man and former wrestler, will be able to.

did the officers employ?

#1949290 - 09/16/13 03:45 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
badair Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Topeka
The world ain't fair. You can be tased to death or killed by the neighbors dogs. It makes no sense! Take what you can get and move along.

#1949309 - 09/16/13 07:11 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Loc: JayhawkLaw office Lobby

#1949379 - 09/17/13 11:33 AM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
Phog1004 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KC
I gotta say....Im a little upset that it took geezer over a month, to come running to support Shirley in this thread.

#1955685 - 11/26/13 01:54 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
Shirley Offline
Pelvic Missionary

This woman was asking for it. The officer couldn't have been more reasonable with her, and then she drives off. While it was excessive for the assisting cop to start unloading his revolver at her mini van, she's the one who chose to put her children at risk.

#1955741 - 11/26/13 11:07 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
Were any of these people in their own garages?

If so, the cops were justified.

#1955770 - 11/27/13 09:57 AM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
imzcount Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: az
Originally Posted By: Shirley
She had it coming.

Just saw this for the first time. Cops lay their lives on the line for us every time they pin on their badge. I admire their courage. Law breakers who commit these crimes should expect repercussions as a result of their actions. All this lady had to do was obey the officers and she wouldn't have had a broken face.

#1955782 - 11/27/13 11:30 AM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: imzcount]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
You got nobody but yourself to blame(most of the time), if you're getting or have gotten a bad time from the law. I have had one bad time with the law. It was all of my own doing.

#1955814 - 11/27/13 03:43 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
beenhas Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Cops are nasty human beings. A majority of them are faux-macho men who got their ass beat as kids and decided to get a badge to pay everyone back.

Yes, I'm talking to the cop in this thread: you're a [censored].

Hi DCHawk!

#1955865 - 11/27/13 09:02 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: beenhas]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
Originally Posted By: beenhas

Hi DCHawk!

Hi, t_j!

#1955875 - 11/27/13 11:16 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
Originally Posted By: Shirley
This woman was asking for it. The officer couldn't have been more reasonable with her, and then she drives off. While it was excessive for the assisting cop to start unloading his revolver at her mini van, she's the one who chose to put her children at risk.

+1

What the hell was this woman thinking?

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview