Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1943596 - 08/09/13 08:20 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it * [Re: AdmiralObvious]
Shirley Offline
Pelvic Missionary

Originally Posted By: AdmiralObvious
Originally Posted By: Shirley
"Art is nothing to be killed for . . ."

Sheesh. Vandalism, resisting arrest, assaulting a police officer. Great kid, I'm sure.

^^^^^

No doubt, he had it comin'.

No priors, unarmed...

Are you really hysterical enough to believe that they killed him on purpose? When you resist arrest, force is permissible. It was a one in a million outcome.

^^^^^^

Tagging a boarded-up storefront sounds like grounds for the death penalty to me.

BTW, ~ 500 people have died after being Tased since 2001.

#1943602 - 08/09/13 08:41 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
JAHWobbly Offline

Loc: PDX
Died from non-lethal force. Got it.

#1943605 - 08/09/13 08:50 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
seahawk Offline
Lawrence Legend

I've been in Miami--a scary place. You're telling me the biggest crime that Miami police have to spend their time on is some kid tagging an abandoned building?

#1943618 - 08/09/13 09:20 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
AdmiralObvious Offline
Non-Toady

Sheesh. Vandalism, resisting arrest, assaulting a police officer. Great kid, I'm sure.

^^^^^

No priors, unarmed...

Are you really hysterical enough to believe that they killed him on purpose? When you resist arrest, force is permissible. It was a one in a million outcome.

^^^^^^

Tagging a boarded-up storefront sounds like grounds for the death penalty to me.

Sociology 101

Again, to people who are thinking with their minds and not their hormones, accidental death in the line of duty and the "death penalty" are not one and the same. But don't let that take the edge off of your shrill righteous indignation.

#1943624 - 08/09/13 09:36 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: AdmiralObvious]
Shirley Offline
Pelvic Missionary

I think any reasonable person would agree that he had it coming.

#1943626 - 08/09/13 09:42 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
AdmiralObvious Offline
Non-Toady

You're right. They should have asked him nicely not to vandalize other peoples' property. When he refused, they should have affirmed his need for creative self-expression and nurtured his inner child. What the hell are they teaching at police academies these days, anyway?!?

#1943629 - 08/09/13 09:45 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
Shirley Offline
Pelvic Missionary

A 10 minute footrace.

Our tax dollars at work.

#1943631 - 08/09/13 09:47 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
AdmiralObvious Offline
Non-Toady

Guess they could've shot out his kneecap when he started to run. Would've saved time, and he'd be crippled instead of dead.

#1943633 - 08/09/13 09:49 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: AdmiralObvious]
Shirley Offline
Pelvic Missionary

Guess they could've shot out his kneecap when he started to run. Would've saved time, and he'd be crippled instead of dead.

Yeah, 'cause after all, he did tag a boarded-up storefront!

#1943640 - 08/09/13 09:53 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
AdmiralObvious Offline
Non-Toady

I see. So, spending our tax dollars cleaning up the boarded up storefront would be money better spent?

#1943652 - 08/09/13 10:52 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia

Geezer weigh in on this yet?

Lemme guess: shouldn't killed the kid. Cuz...well...after all he wasn't in his own garage!

#1943656 - 08/09/13 11:06 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow

^^^^^

No priors, unarmed...

^^^^^^

Death Penalty? Hyperbole much? And it appears to me he was not tazed for Vandalism, which of course is a crime, boarded up building or not, but for evading and then resisting an officer. I am pretty sure resisting an officer will get you AT LEAST tazed pretty much all the time no matter what you were doing.

So I have to wonder Shirley. Are we asking Cops to patrol their beat and when witnessing a crime intuitively know to ignore the ones that might turn into worse crimes and escalate to the use of force? If you have the kind of crystal ball I am sure a lot of cops would like to know where to get one.

Edited by jayhwk01 (08/09/13 11:20 PM)

#1943661 - 08/09/13 11:20 PM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow

Vandalism, evading, and resisting is only a crime in nice neighborhoods?

Edited by jayhwk01 (08/09/13 11:27 PM)

#1943683 - 08/10/13 01:10 AM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: jayhwk01]
imzcount Online   embarrased
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: az
Originally Posted By: jayhwk01

^^^^^

No priors, unarmed...

^^^^^^

Death Penalty? Hyperbole much? And it appears to me he was not tazed for Vandalism, which of course is a crime, boarded up building or not, but for evading and then resisting an officer. I am pretty sure resisting an officer will get you AT LEAST tazed pretty much all the time no matter what you were doing.

So I have to wonder Shirley. Are we asking Cops to patrol their beat and when witnessing a crime intuitively know to ignore the ones that might turn into worse crimes and escalate to the use of force? If you have the kind of crystal ball I am sure a lot of cops would like to know where to get one.

Excellent reply!

#1943717 - 08/10/13 09:25 AM Re: Must've been wearing a hoodie, i.e., asking for it [Re: Shirley]
TraditionKU Offline
Darwin

Loc: Wasatch Range
Originally Posted By: '01
And it appears to me he was not tazed for Vandalism, which of course is a crime, boarded up building or not, but for evading and then resisting an officer. I am pretty sure resisting an officer will get you AT LEAST tazed pretty much all the time no matter what you were doing.

this was my thinking as well.

i ran (on foot) from the cops once when i was underage, carrying a large alcohol dispensing receptacle down the ally between tennessee and kentucky......no way were they catching me, but if they would have, there is no way i would have resisted and fought back

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview