Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#19421 - 01/04/07 06:57 PM Anybody Even Interested For O-Coordinator Postion?
thedangman Offline
Prairie Warrior

Anybody know?

#19422 - 01/04/07 07:28 PM Re: Anybody Even Interested For O-Coordinator Postion? [Re: thedangman]
Ike Offline
Tigger Hater

Loc: Indiana
Even though I am still in High School, I am totally interested.

#19423 - 01/04/07 07:52 PM Re: Anybody Even Interested For O-Coordinator Postion? [Re: Ike]
rockchalk2305 Offline
Max Falkenstein

It seemed like during the season we had plenty of people that knew what our offense needed. Granted I had some suggestions myself, but how many of those people are going to apply?

#19424 - 01/04/07 08:14 PM Re: Anybody Even Interested For O-Coordinator Postion? [Re: rockchalk2305]
1985hawk Offline
Moderator-Retired

Loc: Back here
Glen Mason would be a good fit

#19425 - 01/05/07 08:32 AM Re: Anybody Even Interested For O-Coordinator Postion? [Re: thedangman]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
It's not exactly a position loaded with long term security. If the guy hired and Buddha in general fail in 2007, it's a one year gig with an "F" on the resume.

#19426 - 01/05/07 08:35 AM Re: Anybody Even Interested For O-Coordinator Postion? [Re: 1985hawk]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

Surely you jest! Bullheaded meets hardheaded.......Anyway, the Buddha will only run a spread and Mason will only run.....not that I dislike the Mason offenses.....

#19427 - 01/05/07 09:07 AM Re: Anybody Even Interested For O-Coordinator Post [Re: beenahawk]
Morgansraider Offline
Why...So...Serious????

Quote:

It's not exactly a position loaded with long term security. If the guy hired and Buddha in general fail in 2007, it's a one year gig with an "F" on the resume.

A fair point....

#19428 - 01/05/07 09:12 AM Re: Anybody Even Interested For O-Coordinator Post [Re: Morgansraider]
phoggystyle Offline
Baby Jay

True, but that's also a good gamble for a guy b/c if he does a good job, than he might be considered for the head coach position if/when it opens.

#19429 - 01/05/07 09:14 AM Re: Anybody Even Interested For O-Coordinator Post [Re: phoggystyle]
KUColBond Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Westminster, CO
I bet it'd go for a small fortune on eBay right now, too.

#19430 - 01/05/07 12:24 PM Re: Anybody Even Interested For O-Coordinator Post [Re: KUColBond]
appyhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Flint Hills
The NFL merry-go round might provide some possibilities, and some that are well versed in the west coast offense which effectively combates defensive team speed, while option succumbs to it. Option is a good OPTION, not a great foundation.

#19431 - 01/06/07 01:38 PM Re: Anybody Even Interested For O-Coordinator Post [Re: 1985hawk]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
Quote:

Fit like another headache. Mason left KU football. Fans will remember this. He has been trying to leave his position at Minnesota, too. I think Mangino needs to look for somebody not so personally close to him who has a proven track record for success. There are certainly some unprovens out there that might turn out well, but I don't think that's the message Lew Perkins is trying to instill in the minds of the public about our program. If they are willing to pay $1.5 M to have a football coach at KU, we have to be willing to have a great offensive coordinator. I think KU has a great defensive coordinator and if we can only match that on offense, you may start talking about KU being a threat in the North conference instead of talking about how KU can't seem to get road wins or blows leads late in the game. I'm expecting a great hire because I think Mangino's job is on the line. He may only have a season or two to show some turnaround or KU may be seeking a better head coach.

#19432 - 01/06/07 07:00 PM Re: Anybody Even Interested For O-Coordinator Post [Re: namohcan_99]
MattFoley Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Van down by the river
According to the Slant the list of candidates is very impressive. They don't want to list names because if other teams find out they might hire them before we can.

#19433 - 01/06/07 09:00 PM Re: Anybody Even Interested For O-Coordinator Post [Re: MattFoley]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Is there any hint about how soon one might be offered the position? The impression I'm getting is that it will be after signing period (recruiting).

#19434 - 01/07/07 09:58 AM Re: Buddha want's the guy before spring.... [Re: namohcan_99]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Practice...that's the latest scoop. Geez, I hope so! (Duh)

#19435 - 01/07/07 02:28 PM Re: Buddha want's the guy before spring.... [Re: beenahawk]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Yeah, you would hope so by then, else KU will be learning as they go, which can't be a very good sign for the season ahead.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview