Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1941083 - 07/31/13 03:08 PM Re: BREAKING: ROYALS TRADE FOR JUSTIN MAXWELL [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
This makes just no sense. And to give up a 20 year old pitcher? I get that his numbers are skewed by his park/league, but Jesus.

#1941086 - 07/31/13 03:10 PM Re: BREAKING: ROYALS TRADE FOR JUSTIN MAXWELL [Re: kylecof11]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: kylecof11
Originally Posted By: christgs80
So clearly an OF is going down to the minors....who is it.....and why?

Because they didn't trade for this guy to be a 5th OF....or did they?

Good lord...I need a drink.

Don't overlook it. Brought in for depth in the OF. It's no guarantee he will be with the big league club.

So you're trading a 20-year old pitcher who has shown lots of promise (yeah yeah, I know all about the park/stuff) for a guy that might not even be on the roster.

That's comical at best.

#1941087 - 07/31/13 03:11 PM Re: BREAKING: ROYALS TRADE FOR JUSTIN MAXWELL [Re: JFish26]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: JFish26
This makes just no sense. And to give up a 20 year old pitcher? I get that his numbers are skewed by his park/league, but Jesus.

But Maxwell is DEPTH...

#1941095 - 07/31/13 03:15 PM Re: BREAKING: ROYALS TRADE FOR JUSTIN MAXWELL [Re: JFish26]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: JFish26

Exactly.

Kyle Smith is very young and very far away from the majors. But he has been doing very well this year in A+. Certainly a top 6 or 7 pitching prospect in the organization. I don't think the Royals shot themselves in the foot by losing him. But he could have had value a few years down the line.

I don't see what Maxwell brings, other than some decent hitting against lefties. Granted, Maxwell was injured earlier this year and hasn't looked right since. But it's not as if he was a superstar before. The guy is 29. He isn't a prospect. He isn't even young. I expect to see him in AAA, unless the Royals think they can do without one of their bullpen guys. Which is entirely plausible. Mendoza and Coleman can go to AAA when Duffy comes back and (presumably) Wade Davis moves to the middle-long reliever role.

At the end of the day, this trade doesn't make me mad. It just doesn't make sense. But it's just so inconsequential that I don't really care.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1941112 - 07/31/13 03:52 PM Re: BREAKING: ROYALS TRADE FOR JUSTIN MAXWELL [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I think the main thing KC was wanting to do was keep the team together and not ruin the chemistry. Santana is a well-liked guy and has been outstanding this year.

#1941116 - 07/31/13 03:58 PM Re: BREAKING: ROYALS TRADE FOR JUSTIN MAXWELL [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
Any chance Santana gives KC preference this off-season because they took a chance on him? I doubt it. I don't even know if I want to see KC give Santana a big deal this off-season. They probably get two years slightly worse than this one, but still very good. But they probably also get two years of 5.00+ ERA pitching.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview