Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1939836 - 07/26/13 01:57 PM MLB Trades
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Lawrence
Feel free to post rumors or speculations or even actual trades in here.

Soriano just went back to the Bronx today.

#1939930 - 07/26/13 07:59 PM Re: MLB Trades [Re: tyler]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Sox interested in Hoch. Please let a deal happen!

#1939988 - 07/27/13 09:41 AM Re: MLB Trades [Re: jayhwk01]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: jayhwk01

Have you seen his ERA? Or his WHIP of 0.87? Or his 38/10 K/BB ratio? I've constantly been a hater of Hochevar in the bullpen, but as a reliever he has been absolutely fantastic.

#1939989 - 07/27/13 09:45 AM Re: MLB Trades [Re: tyler]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

As Rany said yesterday...trading Hoch would be a no-brainer.

Trade him, move Wade Davis down to the bullpen (a carbon copy of Hoch - terrible starter, fantastic reliever), and either Duffy or Paulino (or hell, really anybody) takes Davis' spot in the rotation.

You get prospects....and actually improve the team this season.

You don't do that very often.

And it's such a no-brainer that it almost for sure probably won't happen.

#1940008 - 07/27/13 11:26 AM Re: MLB Trades [Re: kylecof11]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Originally Posted By: kylecof11
Originally Posted By: jayhwk01

Have you seen his ERA? Or his WHIP of 0.87? Or his 38/10 K/BB ratio? I've constantly been a hater of Hochevar in the bullpen, but as a reliever he has been absolutely fantastic.

I have seen his numbers. I have also watched closely when he pitches and what situations he comes into. There is a reason for those numbers. He has no question been better but he also has had zero expectations and virtually no inherited base runners except on a few occasions and generally is coming in at the bottom of the batting order and for pinch hitters. This has not always been the situation but definitely more often than not.
Wade Davis is clearly not a starter either and not only has better "stuff" than Hoch but virtually identical numbers (Last year) AND pitched in stress situations with Tampa Bay. On top of that he is a "major" piece of the Myers trade so DM needs Davis to pan out somewhere. Given all that you trade Hoch because he is clearly the most volatile, has the worst of the numbers overall, and frankly has worn out his welcome a long time ago. No need to keep them both.

#1940022 - 07/27/13 12:22 PM Re: MLB Trades [Re: tyler]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Not sure that Davis (or, frankly, Holland) has better stuff than Hochevar.

#1940085 - 07/27/13 03:27 PM Re: MLB Trades [Re: tyler]
rockchalker5 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: KC, KS
Whether its Hoch or someone else. We have a surplus in our pen and we need to trade one of them and get some return.

#1940097 - 07/27/13 04:15 PM Re: MLB Trades [Re: JFish26]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Originally Posted By: JFish26
Not sure that Davis (or, frankly, Holland) has better stuff than Hochevar.

I think Davis clearly has better stuff than Hoch and he certainly has a better head on his shoulders in my opinion.

Either way we do not need all three of them and depending on the return I would not be upset to see 2 of the 3 gone as long as one of them was named Hochevar.

Edited by jayhwk01 (07/27/13 04:16 PM)

#1940161 - 07/27/13 08:26 PM Re: MLB Trades [Re: tyler]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
If the Royals are at .500 on July 31, I won't be terribly distraught if Dayton doesn't deal Santana. I would hope that he still would have by that time. But it won't break my heart if he embraces .500 and tries to play to 84 or 85 wins.

However, if one of the back-end bullpen guys (Hoch, Holland, likely) is not traded by the deadline, no matter the record, to make this team better either now or in the future, I will be baffled and annoyed. Now is the optimal time to unload Hoch's ridiculous contract.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1940411 - 07/28/13 10:24 PM Re: MLB Trades [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Royals fans on twitter have been pretty vocal for a few days about dealing for this guy.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/k/kendrho01.shtml

edit: He'll be expensive though. IMO, I'd rather give up Duffy than Zimmer or Ventura. Will cost us Herrera or something else as well.

Edited by CrimsonNBlue (07/28/13 10:27 PM)

#1940425 - 07/28/13 11:53 PM Re: MLB Trades [Re: tyler]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Why should it cost so much?

#1940431 - 07/29/13 02:23 AM Re: MLB Trades [Re: tyler]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
Do you think they could get him for Herrera, Giavotella, and a decent minor league pitching prospect?

I don't really know how much the Angels value Kendrick, but he has been a very good 2B the last few years.

I don't want Dayton to trade for him though. He is 30, expensive, and really doesn't have anywhere to go but down. Yes, he can help this year. But the Royals aren't going to make the playoffs this year, let alone compete for a WS (though if they do the former, the latter is infinitely more plausible).

I don't really know that I'm in the minority, but I feel like the attitude of Royals fans, collectively, is changing rapidly. I still want Dayton to sell. Holding on to Santana does the team much less good than does trading him. The closer the trade deadline gets, the more they are going to get offered, and if Dayton doesn't deal him, I'll be disappointed. Not surprised though. It's easy to sell a fanbase the plausibility of success when the team is on a roll.

With Tampa surging, I would think the Red Sox would be very tempted to add Santana and Holland (or Hoch) before the deadline. You don't want to be in that 1 game joke of a wild card.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1940452 - 07/29/13 08:45 AM Re: MLB Trades [Re: tyler]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Kendrick would be a huge upgrade at 2B for the team, and is an ideal #2 hitter in a lineup.

He's a fantastic fastball hitter, and putting him in front of Hosmer/Butler would only help him see more.

But....having said that....I certainly wouldn't trade one of our top pitching prospects for him.

#1940460 - 07/29/13 09:37 AM Re: MLB Trades [Re: tyler]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

It's going to take something like 38-22 to sniff the wild card, so of course I'd rather deal Santana than deal for Kendrick. We did what we had to do over the last 10, but Detroit/Cleveland didn't cooperate.

Supposedly, LA wants a SP prospect in return. I think that's expensive for us.

If Dayton deals Myers AND Zimmer in a single calendar year and we still miss the playoffs, well, I'll probably do nothing except cuss a lot.

#1940466 - 07/29/13 09:53 AM Re: MLB Trades [Re: tyler]
rockchalker5 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: KC, KS
I like Kendrick quite a bit. Hes 30 but I think he has a couple years left of being a solid big leaguer...a big upgrade for us.

I've been hearing Ricky Weeks name coming up lately.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview