Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1938876 - 07/23/13 06:21 PM Miguel Cabrera - Hurt & Possibly going on DL
jayhawks14 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

How huge of a blow it would be to the Tigers if Cabrera gets placed on the DL for any amount of time this 2nd half of the season? Hopefully it's time for the Indians & Royals to play some catchup & make this race for the Central a little more exciting.

#1938969 - 07/23/13 11:49 PM Re: Miguel Cabrera - Hurt & Possibly going on DL [Re: jayhawks14]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
I don't think it will matter. Cabrera might end up on the DL for 15 days. And I think he will regress in the second half of the season (really going out on a limb there...) just because he can hardly improve. But you take him out of the equation and throw a replacement-level 3rd baseman into the lineup and the Tigers STILL haven't played to the record they "should" have. In my opinion, they will run away with this division.

That the Indians stayed so close throughout the first half is something of a mirage. But don't take offense--I'm only denigrating the Indians as much as I'm praising the Tigers. And I'm not going to sit here and try to sell you on the idea that the Royals should be ahead of the Indians. Neither team is equipped to compete with Detroit this year.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

Preview