Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1937814 - 07/20/13 10:57 PM Re: Tigers @ Royals [Re: rockchalker5]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
I would say the 1-12 stretch is more brutal, but if you dwell on the past...especially the near past as a Royals fan, you'll just be depressed.

If they had gone 6-7 in that stretch and 3-2 instead of 0-5 before the break, they would be at the top of division.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1937819 - 07/20/13 11:08 PM Re: Tigers @ Royals [Re: jayhwk01]
lobster Offline
Feel the pinch?

Loc: DCHawk's basement.
Originally Posted By: jayhwk01
How bad does that 5 game slide and getting swept by the Tribe hurt now? Love taking two from Tigers but oh what could have been.....

I'm starting to "believe" again like in 2003. I was unaware we lost 5 in a row, but I really hope this is a sign that we're coming back. 6 gb is not easy to come back from, but if we win 2/3 of next 15 games, it's possible.

#1937836 - 07/20/13 11:52 PM Re: Tigers @ Royals [Re: rockchalker5]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

KC only gets two more cracks at Cleveland, neither series until September. But I believe they will fade down the stretch anyway. It doesn't have to be about being better than Detroit. The Royals don't have the starting pitching or lineup that Detroit has. Or the manager. But it doesn't have to be about being better than Detroit. There are 5 playoff spots. This is a tough stretch of games, but if they sweep Detroit and take 3 of 4 against Baltimore, they will be right back in the thick of things and near .500.

After that they get 3 in Chicago, 3 in Minnesota, 3 in New York (Mets), and 3 more at home against Minnesota. That is a stretch that will define their season. It's a shame the trade deadline comes in the middle of that, rather than at the end. If you can come out of that stretch winning 8-10 games, you're probably at the top of the division and in the hunt. You flip that and only win a handful, and it's completely over. I'm still of the mindset that Santana should be dealt. But I'm going to have an awful hard time telling myself that if they take 4 of the next 5 against Detroit and Baltimore.

#1937878 - 07/21/13 09:44 AM Re: Tigers @ Royals [Re: rockchalker5]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Hey going 2-0 out of the break is a great start. Of course it depends on how they finish this home stand, if they go 5-2 or even 4-3 I dont see them selling.

I mean what could they get for Santana, any thoughts on that. I really dont know who or how many decent players would be offered to get Santana in a trade.

I see a different attitude with this team coming out of the break, hustling more, attempting more steals, Moose is actually stroking the ball. I am definetly more excited now than I was going into the AS break

#1937900 - 07/21/13 11:13 AM Re: Tigers @ Royals [Re: rockchalker5]
rockchalker5 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: KC, KS
That was Moose's first 3 hit game since the first week of the season. Week ONE.

Hey...I'm not really worried about what we will do down the stretch right now. We knocked Justin verlander around yesterday, and we have a chance to sweep the tigers today with Big Game James on the bump. Which is exactly what we need to happen right out of the all star break.

#1937957 - 07/21/13 04:03 PM Re: Tigers @ Royals [Re: rockchalker5]
kugregg Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Kansas City, Mo
Season over. Big difference in making up three games instead of one.

#1937966 - 07/21/13 04:24 PM Re: Tigers @ Royals [Re: rockchalker5]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

???No the season aint over....jeebus

#1937975 - 07/21/13 04:35 PM Re: Tigers @ Royals [Re: rockchalker5]
kugregg Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Have to take 3 out of 4 from Baltimore with Chen and crappy Davis starting the first two games. Detroit goes to the White Sox for four games. A sweep against the tigers would of been huge.

#1937977 - 07/21/13 04:51 PM Re: Tigers @ Royals [Re: rockchalker5]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Did you really think the Royals were going to win the division this season over the Tigers. Hell I wasnt even buying that dream. But to finish 2nd and be several games over .500 ball, that would be a good year. Then take the division next year.

#1937981 - 07/21/13 05:19 PM Re: Tigers @ Royals [Re: PHOGUSHER]
kugregg Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

No, but it's nice to stay close and as a fan, fool yourself into thinking there is a chance. smile

#1937985 - 07/21/13 06:04 PM Re: Tigers @ Royals [Re: rockchalker5]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

It is almost inconceivable to think that the Royals will win the division next year. Detroit has all of its most important pieces locked up for several more years. If they acquire a back-end bullpen guy or two, they are even more stacked. Unless they struggle next year, the Royals will be looking for a WC spot, I believe.

In any case, I think it's time to swap Santana for prospects unless you sweep Baltimore. This season isn't lost, but it sure doesn't look promising.

#1938004 - 07/21/13 07:33 PM Re: Tigers @ Royals [Re: kugregg]
rockchalker5 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Originally Posted By: kugregg

We won the series against a quality team. That's all you can ask for. Just keep winning series and stop worrying about what other teams are doing.

#1938006 - 07/21/13 07:34 PM Re: Tigers @ Royals [Re: rockchalker5]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Pretty much what I already posted. Being 6-8 games back going into Sept would make the season interesting. We shall see.

#1938012 - 07/21/13 07:53 PM Re: Tigers @ Royals [Re: PHOGUSHER]
rockchalker5 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Pretty much what I already posted.

Congrats.

#1938013 - 07/21/13 07:55 PM Re: Tigers @ Royals [Re: rockchalker5]
lobster Offline
Feel the pinch?

Loc: DCHawk's basement.
Originally Posted By: rockchalker5
Originally Posted By: kugregg

We won the series against a quality team. That's all you can ask for. Just keep winning series and stop worrying about what other teams are doing.

As Meatloaf would sing "2 out of 3 aint bad". If they Royals keep winning their series 2/3 or 3/4, anything is possible.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Preview