Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1936488 - 07/16/13 11:06 PM Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
41and2since94 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Antarctica
Guess I'm just a homer, but my favorite part of the game was seeing Sal get a hit and score. First of many (as a Royal), I hope.

Cool for him to get to catch Rivera, too.

#1936497 - 07/17/13 12:08 AM Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! [Re: 41and2since94]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
Originally Posted By: 41and2since94
Guess I'm just a homer, but my favorite part of the game was seeing Sal get a hit and score. First of many (as a Royal), I hope.

Cool for him to get to catch Rivera, too.

Yes and yes. I was ecstatic when I saw him catching for Rivera. The hit was good too.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1936524 - 07/17/13 08:46 AM Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Saw a great post on Twitter last night, wondering why MLB didn't hire Metallica to play "Enter Sandman" when Rivera took the field.

My gawd, how awesome would that have been?

#1936550 - 07/17/13 09:43 AM Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
It still blows my mind Sal is only 23. He will in multiple All-Star games and will win multiple Gold Gloves. The fact that the Royals locked him up with an underpaid contract is unreal.

#1936577 - 07/17/13 10:26 AM Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
The only thing I am worried about is did the Yankees get a chance to entertain S. Perez with the temptation of wearing the pinstripes while he was in NYC. Every since that stoopid Rex Hudler mentioned he wondered how he would look in pinstripes a few weeks ago I have been worried about that. Perez did a bang up job last night by the way.

#1936659 - 07/17/13 12:32 PM Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
thekid6 Offline
Jayhawk

Loc: At 5280 Feet
Great thing about the all-star game last night was all the young players in the game. If this is what games will be like the next 5-10 years, MLB is in good hands.

#1936669 - 07/17/13 12:46 PM Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! [Re: PHOGUSHER]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
The only thing I am worried about is did the Yankees get a chance to entertain S. Perez with the temptation of wearing the pinstripes while he was in NYC. Every since that stoopid Rex Hudler mentioned he wondered how he would look in pinstripes a few weeks ago I have been worried about that. Perez did a bang up job last night by the way.

You do realize that by taking the incorrect context of Hudlers comment, puts you in the same group as Kevin Keitzman. Wallow in that filth for a while.

#1936675 - 07/17/13 12:58 PM Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! [Re: jammahawk]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Loc: KC, MO
Salvy is pretty much untradeable until about 2017.

#1936706 - 07/17/13 02:21 PM Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

The Yankees could make the Royals an offer they cant refuse...Of course I dont want him to go anywhere. He has superstar potential.

#1936708 - 07/17/13 02:25 PM Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! [Re: PHOGUSHER]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

The Yankees could make the Royals an offer they cant refuse...Of course I dont want him to go anywhere. He has superstar potential.

Would take a sizable part of their farm system. I highly doubt the Yanks have any big league contracts that would be worth trading the Salvy bargain for.

#1936709 - 07/17/13 02:26 PM Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! [Re: PHOGUSHER]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

The Yankees could make the Royals an offer they cant refuse.

I'm not sure they can. Certainly, the list of one-for-one swaps I would do for Perez is about this long:

Trout
Harper
Machado
Stanton
Buxton

#1936711 - 07/17/13 02:38 PM Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Perez needs to improve his power. He is such a big guy. Defensively, he has multiple GGs in his future.

#1936716 - 07/17/13 02:56 PM Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Also--can we talk about what a joke it is how many players get to participate in the all-star game? By the end of it--starters, reserves, final vote, replacements--almost 80 players (maybe more than 80) were a part of the ASG.

That's just ridiculous. They need to cut the teams down, so that it's a little more of an honor. Yes, I suppose being one of the 40 best players in the league (or just the best on your team) is still a huge honor. But no other all-star game (of the 4 major sports) does it like that.

I like how the NBA does it. Bare minimum for a team: 12 players. Replacements for injuries. Of course, the NBA ASG is a total joke, as far as quality of play goes. The MLB beats everyone in that regard. But at least the NBA gets the recognition right.

The MLB ought to have each roster look like this:

-1 starter at each infield position (5 players)
-3 starting outfielders
-1 reserve corner infielder
-1 reserve middle infielder
-1 reserve catcher
-2 reserve outfielders
-1 DH (if AL) or "utility" (meaning any position) player (if NL)
-Total of 14 hitters

-6 to 8 starting pitchers
-5 to 7 relievers
-Total of 13 pitchers

Even that is more than a normal MLB roster; it's 27. But at least it makes "all-star" a little more meaningful. Oh, and none of the "every team gets a player" crap. I know that that rule has helped the Royals, but it's lame.

#1936759 - 07/17/13 04:16 PM Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! [Re: JFish26]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Originally Posted By: JFish26
The Yankees could make the Royals an offer they cant refuse.

I'm not sure they can. Certainly, the list of one-for-one swaps I would do for Perez is about this long:

Trout
Harper
Machado
Stanton
Buxton

I actually posted what I did because of the NYC Mob connection. I dont want Perez to go anwhere with the exception of the guys you listed to trade even up for, and thats not going to happen.

#1937574 - 07/19/13 07:38 PM Re: Erin Andrews Gets Ball/s Across Her Face! [Re: jammahawk]
rockchalker5 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: KC, KS
Originally Posted By: jammahawk

You do realize that by taking the incorrect context of Hudlers comment, puts you in the same group as Kevin Keitzman. Wallow in that filth for a while.

Well put jammahawk. Its not what rex meant by the comment. And I heard keitz harp on it for a while...pretty much trying to get the guy fired for something stupid. Typical bullshite from KK.

I'll follow that up by saying that rex's job should be in question....but not because of that.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview