Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1939703 - 07/25/13 10:28 PM Re: Royals (July 18th): Buyers or Sellers? (And Who?) [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
41and2since94 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Antarctica
yeah, taking 3 out of 4 from Baltimore was fun, but hope it doesn't result in moore stupidity (e.g., acquiring Alex Rios) from the front office.

#1939716 - 07/26/13 12:31 AM Re: Royals (July 18th): Buyers or Sellers? (And Who?) [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
Just as a matter of principle, I don't think I can root against the Royals, but it might be the best thing for the team to get swept by the Sox.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#1939733 - 07/26/13 08:26 AM Re: Royals (July 18th): Buyers or Sellers? (And Who?) [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: CrimsonNBlue
Dayton thinks that he can catch Detroit with the schedule coming up.

We're buying.

Yep, I have a bad feeling this is true.

I really really hate the White Sox, but damn, I sure wouldn't mind seeing them take this series. Royals win 2 out of 3, or even sweep them, and I have no doubt Moore will do something very stupid early next week.

#1939741 - 07/26/13 09:03 AM Re: Royals (July 18th): Buyers or Sellers? (And Who?) [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
rockchalker5 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: KC, KS
Typical comments from a fanbase with a LOSER mentality.This is exactly the thing that the Royals organization and its fans need to get away from.

#1939748 - 07/26/13 09:21 AM Re: Royals (July 18th): Buyers or Sellers? (And Who?) [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Eight-y one! Eight-y one!

#1939758 - 07/26/13 09:45 AM Re: Royals (July 18th): Buyers or Sellers? (And Who?) [Re: rockchalker5]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: rockchalker5
Typical comments from a fanbase with a LOSER mentality.This is exactly the thing that the Royals organization and its fans need to get away from.

You don't get it, do you?

It's cool....81-81 is a great goal and every Royals fan should want 81-81.

When is the parade downtown gonna be when that happens? Because I want to be there!

If the Royals want to stand pat because they think they can make a run...hey, I'm ok with it. I think it's 1000000% the wrong move, but I can live with it.

But if they do something stupid, and trade for an Alex Rios (or somebody along those lines), then I really don't know what to say.

Edited by christgs80 (07/26/13 09:47 AM)

#1939790 - 07/26/13 11:37 AM Re: Royals (July 18th): Buyers or Sellers? (And Who?) [Re: rockchalker5]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Do you realize that the Royals are sitting at 48-51? To have a legitimate shot at the playoffs, they would need a win total in the upper 80s. That means they would need to go something like 40-23 in their last 63 games. You look at the team on the field and tell me if you think it's likely to do that.

Sure, they can play out the 2013 season with Santana and then let him go sign a big contract somewhere else and get a compensatory pick in return if they make a QO. Or they can trade him right now to a WS contender and get a few good prospects back.

#1939800 - 07/26/13 12:05 PM Re: Royals (July 18th): Buyers or Sellers? (And Who?) [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

I post a lot of Neyer links, but he just makes it easy to understand where we really are.

But you also trade Greg Holland because you can replace him.

#1939802 - 07/26/13 12:15 PM Re: Royals (July 18th): Buyers or Sellers? (And Who?) [Re: CrimsonNBlue]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: CrimsonNBlue
I post a lot of Neyer links, but he just makes it easy to understand where we really are.

But you also trade Greg Holland because you can replace him.

Read that earlier today. Good article. Thanks for posting.

#1939804 - 07/26/13 12:30 PM Re: Royals (July 18th): Buyers or Sellers? (And Who?) [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Indeed he does CnB.

Simple straight to the point article that is spot on, and yet, won't do a bit of good to what the Royals should be thinking, just like he points out in his last sentence.

#1939812 - 07/26/13 12:45 PM Re: Royals (July 18th): Buyers or Sellers? (And Who?) [Re: christgs80]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

I don't think we're standing pat.

If Dayton doesn't think we can make the playoffs, then I don't think even he is stupid enough to hold onto Santana for just a compensatory pick.

If he does think we can catch the Tigers, he's making a move and going all in.

This all comes down to Dayton's crystal ball.

#1939815 - 07/26/13 12:50 PM Re: Royals (July 18th): Buyers or Sellers? (And Who?) [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I don't think that Moore will go all in. If he refuses to trade Santana or a bullpen guy AND trades prospects for a major league piece, he very well could be fired at the end of the year.

I think that he'll get another year, at least, if he trades Santana and/or Holland and/or Hoch for prospects and the team continues to play well.

#1939821 - 07/26/13 01:05 PM Re: Royals (July 18th): Buyers or Sellers? (And Who?) [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Word is the RSox are interested in Hoch.
DM needs to make that deal NOW. Get rid of that bag o balls and his incredibly stupid salary now.

#1939822 - 07/26/13 01:05 PM Re: Royals (July 18th): Buyers or Sellers? (And Who?) [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
rockchalker5 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: KC, KS
Originally Posted By: KUSPORTSFAN93

Do you realize that the Royals are sitting at 48-51? To have a legitimate shot at the playoffs, they would need a win total in the upper 80s. That means they would need to go something like 40-23 in their last 63 games. You look at the team on the field and tell me if you think it's likely to do that.

Sure, they can play out the 2013 season with Santana and then let him go sign a big contract somewhere else and get a compensatory pick in return if they make a QO. Or they can trade him right now to a WS contender and get a few good prospects back.

I know what our record is. And I'm not saying that we shouldn't consider trading Santana/Holland or anyone else. Because we should absolutely be exploring those opportunities.

What I'm saying its that its completely ridiculous to ever hope to lose games. The stench of losing has been here too long and something has to change. If you continue to sell off your team every year like we always have...then what does that say to the guys already on the team? You think Hosmer will want to sign a long term deal with a franchise dedicated to losing? Its the same reason that we had to trade a valuable piece (Myers) in order to get some starting pitcher. Because its really hard to get guys in free agency when NOBODY wants to come here. And why would they?

At some point the culture has to change. We probably won't win the division this year. But there is still a lot of good things that come from playing meaningful baseball games in September.

#1939825 - 07/26/13 01:10 PM Re: Royals (July 18th): Buyers or Sellers? (And Who?) [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Apparently KC is asking for more with Santana than what Chicago got from Texas for Garza. Teams are willing to really overspend on rentals if that means post season success. But I really think Crow could fit into the closer role and even maybe Hochevar because he has been nearly unhittable with runners on base. KC really has options for their pitching in the minors and in the bullpen now, same cannot be said for hitting, which is why they should trade for a starting second baseman and a young corner outfielder that can start off in AAA or even AA.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Preview