Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1929686 - 06/27/13 10:02 AM Ideal Day-toDay Lineup
kumath Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Lawrence, KS
I keep hearing this [censored] about Escobar hitting second. Not just on here, but elsewhere in the local media. I don't think Eskie is Ned's ideal choice for a #2 hitter. I think he's been hitting there by default. Which brings up a bigger question: Given the ups/downs of our everyday players and the general, all-around crappiness of our offense, what is your ideal "day-to-day" lineup, using the current 25-man roster?

(I'm assuming Yoda's answer will be:
1. Wil Myers
2. Wil Myers
3. Wil Myers
4. Wil Myers
5. Wil Myers
6. Wil Myers
7. Wil Myers
8. Wil Myers
9. Wil Myers)

#1929689 - 06/27/13 10:04 AM Re: Ideal Day-toDay Lineup [Re: kumath]
kylecof11 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
1. Dyson CF
2. Cain RF
3. Gordon LF
4. Butler DH
5. Hosmer 1B
6. Perez C
7. Moustakas 3B
8. Johnson 2B
9. Escobar SS

#1929693 - 06/27/13 10:10 AM Re: Ideal Day-toDay Lineup [Re: kumath]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Originally Posted By: kumath
I keep hearing this [censored] about Escobar hitting second. Not just on here, but elsewhere in the local media. I don't think Eskie is Ned's ideal choice for a #2 hitter. I think he's been hitting there by default. Which brings up a bigger question: Given the ups/downs of our everyday players and the general, all-around crappiness of our offense, what is your ideal "day-to-day" lineup, using the current 25-man roster?

(I'm assuming Yoda's answer will be:
1. Wil Myers
2. Wil Myers
3. Wil Myers
4. Wil Myers
5. Wil Myers
6. Wil Myers
7. Wil Myers
8. Wil Myers
9. Wil Myers)

LOL on Yoda's answer but Escobar is Ned's ideal 2 hitter because he actually said that. Yost is coaching like he is mgr for a senior circuit team circa 1949. Modern baseball is foreign to him.

#1929694 - 06/27/13 10:12 AM Re: Ideal Day-toDay Lineup [Re: kumath]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

1. Gordon LF
2. Hosmer 1B
3. Perez C
4. Butler DH
5. Moustakas 3B
6. Cain RF
7. Escobar SS
8. Johnson 2B
9. Dyson CF

----

Give the best guys as may AB's as possible....good lord, looking at this, man, this offense really does suck.

#1929697 - 06/27/13 10:13 AM Re: Ideal Day-toDay Lineup [Re: kylecof11]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Originally Posted By: kylecof11
1. Dyson CF
2. Cain RF
3. Gordon LF
4. Butler DH
5. Hosmer 1B
6. Perez C
7. Moustakas 3B
8. Johnson 2B
9. Escobar SS

That lineup is not bad IF everybody is hitting as their supposed to be which of course they are not. Yost is not a good modern day AL mgr but to be fair what is he supposed to do with Butler, Esocbar, Moustakas, Hosmer, and of late Gordon when they could not hit if they were playing R.B.I on the Nintendo.

Edited by jayhwk01 (06/27/13 10:14 AM)

#1929802 - 06/27/13 12:41 PM Re: Ideal Day-toDay Lineup [Re: jayhwk01]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
I now realize how difficult Yost's job must be. I couldn't do it.
I know that Gordon, Hosmer, Butler must be in the top third. As good as Perez is, he should be in the bottom third because he shouldn't be playing as much as he does, so you wouldn't want Kottaras in the middle of the lineup. If Moos would stay hot and regain his power, I'd put him 4 or 5.

#1929813 - 06/27/13 12:53 PM Re: Ideal Day-toDay Lineup [Re: kumath]
christgs80 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Why do you think Perez shouldn't be playing as much as he does?

#1929862 - 06/27/13 01:37 PM Re: Ideal Day-toDay Lineup [Re: kumath]
rockchalker5 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: KC, KS
Originally Posted By: kumath

Eskie is hitting second because he is Ned's boy. He was his boy in Milwaukee and still is now. Ned stuck his neck out for him two seasons ago when everyone else said Eskie didn't belong in the bigs because he couldn't hit anything. Ned is sticking with Eskie simply so he can say "I told you so."

I like Escobar but he has Angel Berroa written all over him. And that is not a good thing....

#1929937 - 06/27/13 03:21 PM Re: Ideal Day-toDay Lineup [Re: christgs80]
jayhawklouie Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: christgs80
1. Gordon LF
2. Hosmer 1B
3. Perez C
4. Butler DH
5. Moustakas 3B
6. Cain RF
7. Escobar SS
8. Johnson 2B
9. Dyson CF

I'd go with this lineup. I might re-arrange the bottom 3 off and on and try to get Lough some at bats in some games. It's insanity to let Escobar get the 2nd most at bats on the team. Escobar hardly walks, strikes out a lot, hits into a good number of dp's, and his on-base percentage is .280.

I expect Butler to get back to form, but if Moustakis keeps improving, I might put Moose at 4 and Butler at 5.

#1929953 - 06/27/13 03:46 PM Re: Ideal Day-toDay Lineup [Re: christgs80]
rockchalker5 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: KC, KS
Originally Posted By: christgs80
Why do you think Perez shouldn't be playing as much as he does?

Because hes a big ass dude playing catcher and has had some history with injuries. At least thats what I'm guessing he meant by that....

#1932973 - 07/06/13 12:17 PM Re: Ideal Day-toDay Lineup [Re: rockchalker5]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Loc: KC, MO
Is this real life?

April Fool's Day today?

(read bottom to top)

Quote:
Nate Bukaty ‏@nate_bukaty 2m
Yost: "Ideally our lineup sets better with Hos in the three...but in order for that to work you have to have guys getting on base at 1 & 2."

Nate Bukaty ‏@nate_bukaty 4m
Yost said, "you want your best four hitters to get the most at bats over the course of the game."

Nate Bukaty ‏@nate_bukaty 5m
Yost says he might stick with Hosmer in the two spot, even when Escobar is back in the lineup...

Nate Bukaty ‏@nate_bukaty 7m
Yost says he's probably going to give Escobar two days off: "if you're body is tired, one day. If your mind is tired, two days."

Preview